• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 |OT| How I killed your mother

Perineum

Well, it supposedly can be -11 in rare instances. When in doubt use 10 frame punishes with jabs.

That would work if it didn't push him back so far. If he hop kicks you from a good distance, he can double up if he thinks you'll hit a button.

When I see one hop kick I don't punish unless he did it RIGHT in my face. Not worth getting blown up over online for. I'd rather create distance or back up and side step to reset the neutral.

I beat a shitty Steve player on a 1 bar connection as Miguel. Jesus...

Dereck

lLL9efS.gif

Perineum

Best shit today was that Yoshi player. She absolutely made the Yo man look good.

Then Saint came up and ResidentSleeper. Hell after a bit he realized this shit is free as fuck and did unsafe random crap you never see Saint do.

I hope Harada nerfs Jack 7 into the dirt...and I like Jack 7. Just so Saint can play something more interesting on screen. His Jack is the worst shit. FF1. FF1. jab jab, random debunker once in a while, oh you whiffed DF2 combo, repeat till you win.

Best shit today was that Yoshi player. She absolutely made the Yo man look good.

Then Saint came up and ResidentSleeper. Hell after a bit he realized this shit is free as fuck and did unsafe random crap you never see Saint do.

I hope Harada nerfs Jack 7 into the dirt...and I like Jack 7. Just so Saint can play something more interesting on screen. His Jack is the worst shit. FF1. FF1. jab jab, random debunker once in a while, oh you whiffed DF2 combo, repeat till you win.

Saint would just train up his Bob again and continue to bore people. Characters aren't boring, players are boring. Noroma played a very aggressive Jack just last week. Anakin's Jack is very interesting.

FWIW, I don't find Saint to be a boring player, at least no more boring than any other Korean. But it's a complaint that has been levied at their style of play for a long time. It wins though.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
So, what's everyone's best streak in treasure battle? I just had a 29-win streak that included four promotional matches and two special battles (Jin and Devil Kazumi), and the 30th match was a promotional opportunity in a special match against Devil Kazuya that I had no chance in winning. That's three more achievements for the list, though- the first promotional opportunity in my streak was the one that got me to 12th dan, the special match win against Jin was the third one I needed, and finally got past Devil Kazumi after some trouble I mentioned earlier.

Now I have to focus on Shin Akuma. Finally got him to show up after winning five in a row, almost had him, then got Shun Goku Satsu-d.

Nuszka

20799343_1725335094151490_8586823106624979153_n.jpg

I only played treasure battle once in the first week. I found it extremely boring and tedious. Loading times on consoles aren't helping either.

Treasure Battle is actually a really convenient way for me to practice combos while learning new characters.

i think I have like over 800 battles in treasure mode lol.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
20799343_1725335094151490_8586823106624979153_n.jpg

I only played treasure battle once in the first week. I found it extremely boring and tedious. Loading times on consoles aren't helping either.
I got most of the achievements through playing treasure battle. Haven't touched Arcade ladder, online or practice yet.

Does Dragonuv have any clear cut weaknesses? Cause he seems like an all-around fantastic character. Great damage, great wall carry, great approach tools, good mixups, decent lows and good launchers.

Also a bit of a noob question but do you can you hold down+forward to low-parry, or can you just tap df when the hit would land?

Dragonuv seems like an all-around fantastic character.

Uh yeah, pretty much.

Also a bit of a noob question but do you can you hold down+forward to low-parry, or can you just tap df when the hit would land?

Either or. Any time you hit df it gives you a certain amount of low parrying frames. Quite a lot too, i think it was around 15?

I think doing something else stops the low parrying but going back to neutral does not.

Best **** today was that Yoshi player. She absolutely made the Yo man look good.

Then Saint came up and ResidentSleeper. Hell after a bit he realized this **** is free as **** and did unsafe random crap you never see Saint do.

I hope Harada nerfs Jack 7 into the dirt...and I like Jack 7. Just so Saint can play something more interesting on screen. His Jack is the worst ****. FF1. FF1. jab jab, random debunker once in a while, oh you whiffed DF2 combo, repeat till you win.

These the kinds of people that annoy me. Content to lose to time over.

YAWN

I******** HATE JOSIE

Just played an EXTREMELY boring match against a Jack who did nothing but back up and do that super fast knockdown elbow followed by a low. What is that nonsense?

I******** HATE JOSIE

Just played an EXTREMELY boring match against a Jack who did nothing but back up and do that super fast knockdown elbow followed by a low. What is that nonsense?

Welcome to the Jack Special. He's going to low/mid mixup you to death until you do something about it. Sounds like you're being over-aggressive and he's keeping you out with f,f+1 mid. You'll have to dash in and out of its range to bait it out, then go in.

Jack has excellent keepout tools, and if the Jack player knows what they're doing they're going to make it really hard on you to get in. Jack's a big body who can't sidestep well so if you can get in on him you can lock him down. Just have your throw breaks ready.

Welcome to the Jack Special. He's going to low/mid mixup you to death until you do something about it. Sounds like you're being over-aggressive and he's keeping you out with f,f+1 mid. You'll have to dash in and out of its range to bait it out, then go in.

Jack has excellent keepout tools, and if the Jack player knows what they're doing they're going to make it really hard on you to get in. Jack's a big body who can't sidestep well so if you can get in on him you can lock him down. Just have your throw breaks ready.

I wasn't being aggressive at all.

He literally just backed up to the edge of the screen and was content to stand there for for the entire duration of the match until I came to him. All three rounds were time overs. All I had to do was get a couple pokes in.

I really love that you can dodge people in this game. I just had a Lars mirror against someone with an anime PSN ID (so you know WHY they picked Lars) and they just kept doing the same stuff over and over. In the first match, it came down to the final round but I still lost because this guy. Kept. Doing. Stuff.

In the rematch, I had him pretty much figured out, knew that he had no chill and always did the same wakeup option. So everytime I just got a knockdown, baited out the wakeup option and punished. Won 3 rounds in a row. Rematched again, EXACT same story only this time 2 perfects. Then he declined the rematch.

Then I got matched up with him again, and he declined lol. This is just the finest quality salt, not available in the market.

Also I think it reflects poorly on me that I'd forgotten he has a forward moving, slide-ish low until I saw it in that mirror match. Oh well, one more low for the arsenal.
I want to try other characters but at the same time I can't stop playing Asuka. It's kind of a good problem? I think?

bok-ay

Ame

I want to try other characters but at the same time I can't stop playing Asuka. It's kind of a good problem? I think?

I had this problem. I main King, couldn't stop using him, still can't at times. I recently picked up Dragunov and having just as much fun. I was always interested in trying Drag out, didn't realize how good he is.

Perineum

So, what's everyone's best streak in treasure battle? I just had a 29-win streak that included four promotional matches and two special battles (Jin and Devil Kazumi), and the 30th match was a promotional opportunity in a special match against Devil Kazuya that I had no chance in winning. That's three more achievements for the list, though- the first promotional opportunity in my streak was the one that got me to 12th dan, the special match win against Jin was the third one I needed, and finally got past Devil Kazumi after some trouble I mentioned earlier.

Now I have to focus on Shin Akuma. Finally got him to show up after winning five in a row, almost had him, then got Shun Goku Satsu-d.

Longest streak in treasure battle? Shit my day 1 Kazumi got to 200 some, and my Miguel is at 280 something at the moment.

The AI is super dumb in this game. When you start a round 99.99% of the time it will let you do an auto launcher combo, so I tend to hop kick and get a lead. The rest of the match the AI has no clue what to do against power crush moves so you can almost spam those to win. If you back off from the AI it will try to run at you, and when it gets close enough just hop kick to shut down any offense. Oh and they don't block rage arts 9/10 times.

The only AI that has shut me down is Devil Kazumi. I have to fight her completely different than the rest of the cast due to her falling out of combos to fly at you and rip half your health. Yes I side step, yes it still hits.

mooncakes

Eliza divekicks gimmicks reminds of Cammy's cannon strike from the 2010 version of Super Street fighter 4. Where she can do a low grounded TKCS to blow up lows and throws.

Gin-Shiio

Since I picked up and decided to main Eliza, I have been feeling an unexplainable joy within me. After some soul-searching, I realized it takes me back to the good old days of Soul Calibur. She'd fit right into that series, and they ought to just make her a cross-series character for future installments.

ggs Grayfox. Didn't expect Alisa to go -that- well, might have to play her more regularly. Disappointed with how Asuka went though. Wasn't terrible but still, ehh.

GrayFoxPL

ggs Grayfox. Didn't expect Alisa to go -that- well, might have to play her more regularly. Disappointed with how Asuka went though. Wasn't terrible but still, ehh.

Ggs Squirrel. I was surprised by Alisa as well, usually I win against Alisas but 90% are the batshit crazy ones, flying all over the place, never fought a "stoic" one, lol. Well done.

Gin-Shiio

Man, I love my xbox one controller, but it sure sucks for fighting games.
I rage so hard every time I miss a two-button input despite mashing it into oblivion. But the D-Pad is the biggest offender; directional inputs are almost impossible to pull off with precision.

sasuke_91

Trying to get to Usurper was extremely tiring today. I won every single match except for my promo matches. Even bitched about it on Discord.
I feel very confident with Hwoarang at the moment, but today I played like an idiot. I stopped playing after I lost to a guy who probably had 20x as many matches as I with the same rank.

Played against a Kazumi player, won the first match and lost the second match (promo).
Played an Akuma player after that. My Akuma knowledge is non-existent, so I lost again of course.
Then I played a Law player who was one rank below me. I got a 5 win-streak on him, then I got a promo. Of course I lost. Played him again and won. Got another promo and lost.
This went on for about 16 matches. 7 out of these matches were promos. I won every single match that wasn't one.

The curse has taken over from TTT2. I used to have that problem when I first got promoted to Warrior. It will be the same with Vanquisher this time around. I can already see that coming.

Gin-Shiio

Oh man, just unlocked both Phantom pieces for Eliza from one Special Jin battle. Thank God I fucked up on the first round and got a Great, cause that third box was what did the trick.
Edit: Paul players are bitches.

Super satisfying to go 1-5 then finally comeback with 6-5 and a promotion. Then he rage quits.

Nobody on PC stays long enough to take that many losses, especially if one person is being dominant.

I got my Asuka to Warrior. Time to try and get my no-EWGF, no wavedash Kaz there. I got him from GM to fighter in about an hour or two, but quit because...I got bored, TBQH.

Winning after getting to Warrior rank is harder than the payoff IMO. Game stops being fun.

karasu

This game is boring as fuck. Ever since launch I only get matched against people who barely even know how to play. It's infuriating.

sasuke_91

This game is boring as fuck. Ever since launch I only get matched against people who barely even know how to play. It's infuriating.
You are definitely doing something wrong. You should either search for people to play here on GAF or if you play ranked you should automatically meet players who somewhat know the game after breezing through the lower ranks.

That's really unusual because about 80% of the players I fight against range from solid to almost tournament player quality, especially when I am trying to learn new characters. Did you try ranked? Also, some of the rooms/sessions have some great players in there.

karasu

I am playing ranked. I get probably one good fight every seven matches or so. It's not that I'm good or anything, these mfs are just weird.

Nuszka

Nobody on PC stays long enough to take that many losses, especially if one person is being dominant.

I got my Asuka to Warrior. Time to try and get my no-EWGF, no wavedash Kaz there. I got him from GM to fighter in about an hour or two, but quit because...I got bored, TBQH.

Winning after getting to Warrior rank is harder than the payoff IMO. Game stops being fun.

If you don't find enjoyment in every game you play then stop and move on. Oh, and why is rank so important out of the sudden?

maomaoIYP

I'm not going to get better by only playing people I can beat with obvious ease, my rank doesn't mean much to me at all. I'd rather just play and learn from it.

Sayad

Either or. Any time you hit df it gives you a certain amount of low parrying frames. Quite a lot too, i think it was around 15?

I think doing something else stops the low parrying but going back to neutral does not.
That doesn't sound right, in neutral you can block mids and high, if that was true then tapping DF and going back to neutral would mean for the next few frames you're parrying lows and blocking mids/highs! That's can't be right, I think you have to hold DF.

That doesn't sound right, in neutral you can block mids and high, if that was true then tapping DF and going back to neutral would mean for the next few frames you're parrying lows and blocking mids/highs! That's can't be right, I think you have to hold DF.

I just did some testing and you are right of course. I'm dumb.

You have to be holding df as the low connects, and the low parry window is 20f.

Onemic

I remember when I first tried learning how to low parry and thought it was like 3S where all you had to do was tap it and I was never able to low parry anything lol

Dereck

Trying to get to Usurper was extremely tiring today. I won every single match except for my promo matches. Even bitched about it on Discord.
I feel very confident with Hwoarang at the moment, but today I played like an idiot. I stopped playing after I lost to a guy who probably had 20x as many matches as I with the same rank.

Played against a Kazumi player, won the first match and lost the second match (promo).
Played an Akuma player after that. My Akuma knowledge is non-existent, so I lost again of course.
Then I played a Law player who was one rank below me. I got a 5 win-streak on him, then I got a promo. Of course I lost. Played him again and won. Got another promo and lost.
This went on for about 16 matches. 7 out of these matches were promos. I won every single match that wasn't one.

The curse has taken over from TTT2. I used to have that problem when I first got promoted to Warrior. It will be the same with Vanquisher this time around. I can already see that coming.
Do you get nervous on promotion matches? Don't worry, we all do.

I am playing ranked. I get probably one good fight every seven matches or so. It's not that I'm good or anything, these mfs are just weird.
Gotta work your way up and eventually you'll meet your match(es).

Top Bottom