• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Mortal Kombat HD remake (canceled) material surfaces

For those who don't know, the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection was originally intended to be a full HD remake with new actors, but was canceled and replaced with straight ports with online.

Previously known:
StNZsOI.png
xs0gump.png

cVYoKVs.png
p18gX1S.png

qtVOQdZ.png
0dPqCo4.png

P7e4szG.jpg
TaC5p1W.jpg

Newly released:
http://www.taneabrooks.com/TaneaBrooks.com/Artist_Gallery/Pages/mortal_kombat.html

Source: Test Your Might

I didn't even know about this.

I'm still holding out hope for a new MK with digitized actors, whether it's a remake or a brand new game.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
Those actors...

Anyway it looks like it would have been pretty good but TBH I wasnt that psyched about this when it was announced. MK Kollection as is, is good enough for me.

Cipherr

GAF hated this when some of it was shown last. But I wouldnt have minded seeing the finished product I suppose after thinking about it. They couldnt get the original actors IIRC but still, thats a lot of work they did.

Moofers

Yeah I would have been so down for this. Especially considering we have yet to get an arcade perfect port for crying out loud.

Bog

Junior Ace
This could've been so amazing.

It should've just been an MKII remake though. They probably bit off way more than they could chew trying to do all 3.

They probably couldn't get the new actors to line up properly with the original sprites and as such the hit and hurt boxes would be all wonky.

I didn't even know about this.

MORTAL KOMBAT IN HD, LIKE THE FIRST OR SECOND ONE IS ONE OF THE THINGS I WANT THE MOST IN MY GAMING LIFE, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE GUYS CANCELLING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Jesus Fucking Christ.

Top Bottom