• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILER TAGS OR DIE

DNAbro

You know for a slight second before clicking the link I thought Hardin was giving away a copy of SMTIV:A.

OrionX

Hi PersonaGAF! I've been lurking for a while, and recently decided to come out of the shadows~... see what I did th... y-you get it... I can show myself out if you'd like.

So yeah, I'm one of those naive, innocent fools who believed P5 would have a 2016 ww release, then had my heart bearoken. (So sorry, last one) Since my Japanese pretty much only extends as far as konichiwa, arigato and putting -san and -chan at the end of names, I'm left waiting till February while trying to avoid spoilers like the plague. So I guess this was a terrible time to join Neogaf, and to come here of all places... lol

My life story:
- Discovered P3 late after its release. Complex characters, dark story, betrayals and plot twists everywhere! Loved it.
- Picked up P4 day one. Murder mystery in a small town? More plot twists and great characters? Aw hell yeah.
- Watched the magnificent livestream featuring everyone's favorite elderly reporter. Screamed internally.
- Excitement for P5 reached critical levels as new trailers emerged.
- P5 delayed, cried in a corner.
- P5 delayed again, cried in a corner while rocking back and forth holding inflatable Teddie bop bag.
- Wiped away tears and joined Neogaf! xD

Other super important info:
- Favorite female Persona character - Mitsuru (she a badass b*tch with style, duh)
- Favorite male Persona character - Kanji (what like I gotta explain myself? GET BENT)
- I'm aware that P1 and P2 exist. I've played them, and while I enjoyed their stories well enough, I had a hard time getting past the slower battle system. Plus they don't have that slice-of-life element I love so much in the others. I really tried positive thinking, I swear.
- Apologies to anyone who dislikes long, rambling posts or bullet lists. :p

Mediking

Hi PersonaGAF! I've been lurking for a while, and recently decided to come out of the shadows~... see what I did th... y-you get it... I can show myself out if you'd like.

So yeah, I'm one of those naive, innocent fools who believed P5 would have a 2016 ww release, then had my heart bearoken. (So sorry, last one) Since my Japanese pretty much only extends as far as konichiwa, arigato and putting -san and -chan at the end of names, I'm left waiting till February while trying to avoid spoilers like the plague. So I guess this was a terrible time to join Neogaf, and to come here of all places... lol

My life story:
- Discovered P3 late after its release. Complex characters, dark story, betrayals and plot twists everywhere! Loved it.
- Picked up P4 day one. Murder mystery in a small town? More plot twists and great characters? Aw hell yeah.
- Watched the magnificent livestream featuring everyone's favorite elderly reporter. Screamed internally.
- P5 delayed again, cried in a corner while rocking back and forth holding inflatable Teddie bop bag.
- Wiped away tears and joined Neogaf! xD

- Favorite female Persona character - Mitsuru (she a badass b*tch with style, duh)
- Favorite male Persona character - Kanji (what like I gotta explain myself? GET BENT)
- I'm aware that P1 and P2 exist. I've played them, and while I enjoyed their stories well enough, I had a hard time getting past the slower battle system. Plus they don't have that slice-of-life element I love so much in the others. I really tried positive thinking, I swear.
- Apologies to anyone who dislikes long, rambling posts or bullet lists. :p

Welcome to the Velvet Room! It's nice to meet you! Sounds you love Persona like us!

OrionX

Welcome to the Velvet Room! It's nice to meet you! Sounds you love Persona like us!

Thanks! And yep, I definitely do, if I didn't make that clear enough lol. P5 is probably my most anticipated game ever. The wait... is brutal, but you guys would probably know that better than anyone!

Nachos

Remember to tag your spoilers
71BSVbp.png
What's this form of execution called?

Mediking

Thanks! And yep, I definitely do, if I didn't make that clear enough lol. P5 is probably my most anticipated game ever. The wait... is brutal, but you guys would probably know that better than anyone!

Hahaha the wait for P5 is gonna be over soon for a few Persona members in the Import OT.

Oh and I am unofficially and officially Minato from Persona 3 so..... yeah. Haha.

Makio

- I'm aware that P1 and P2 exist. I've played them, and while I enjoyed their stories well enough

My nigga .... this dude knows what's up
Welcome to the jungle

PD: Read the persona 1 manga really make me like the story even more after read it

OrionX

My nigga .... this dude knows what's up
Welcome to the jungle

PD: Read the persona 1 manga really make me like the story even more after read it

Welcome to PGaf. I hope you enjoy your stay. ;)

*fist bump*

Hahaha the wait for P5 is gonna be over soon for a few Persona members in the Import OT.

Oh and I am unofficially and officially Minato from Persona 3 so..... yeah. Haha.

And the director of FFXVI from what I've heard. You seem to wear many faces :p

I know of these importers... and I'm happy for them, really I am. Not one bit of burning jealousy here... nope, none at all. I don't know how i'm gonna avoid spoiling myself, but I'm gonna try. This will be a true test of my willpower xD

Mediking

*fist bump*

And the director of FFXVI from what I've heard. You seem to wear many faces :p

I know of these importers... and I'm happy for them, really I am. Not one bit of burning jealousy here... nope, none at all. I don't know how i'm gonna avoid spoiling myself, but I'm gonna try. This will be a true test of my willpower xD

Hahaha wow. It's really spreading that I'm the director for FFXVI? I haven't yet dropped the bomb that I'm also the director for another hugely anticipated game but it's now the time to talk about it.

And YouTube is a true monster. It will literally explode with spoilers for Persona 5.

Who will be the first to claim it? i.imgur.com/cjDfunn.jpg

I have my son pretty much all alone for all of next week so. I'd very much like this copy (and thus will put my hat into the ring for it).

Last night I dreamt that I had P5, and when I loaded it up, it had English VO.

;_;

God watching Daybreakers and hearing the voices...

No way the English VO is going to be as good. Noooooooooo way.

Makio

God watching Daybreakers and hearing the voices...
No way the English VO is going to be as good. Noooooooooo way.

"MUH JAPANESE"
Overrated much ....
With some cases in the past when the english VA blown away the japan one (like Rise , Junpei , maybe Teddie)
I wouldnt be surprised if by the end of the day persona 5 dub would end being as good as the og and even superior.
Characters like Anne , Ryuji or Haru dont put the bar too high so far i dont see how an english VA cant top that.

Meanwhile i had the fear not matter how good we can get no is going to top Joker or we would see Fuuka dub second coming in Futaba (for some reason i think she gonna be miscast in the dub)

At least my fear with Morgana die when they went with a more generic anime girl dub voice (love u C.Lee Morris) instead of something more cartoonish or parody type like Tao in the Blazblue dub (yikes)

PD : Dont get me wrong i'm aware of the star power the japanese cast has but to me dont seems imposible to gets good as that , since dont sound that special to me

Mediking

"MUH JAPANESE"
Overrated much ....
With some cases in the past when the english VA blown away the japan one (like Rise , Junpei , maybe Teddie)
I wouldnt be surprised if by the end of the day persona 5 dub would end being as good as the og and even superior.
Characters like Anne , Ryuji or Haru dont put the bar too high so far i dont see how an english VA cant top that.

Meanwhile i had the fear not matter how good we can get no is going to top Joker or we would see Fuuka dub second coming in Futaba (for some reason i think she gonna be miscast in the dub)

At least my fear with Morgana die when they went with a more generic anime girl dub voice (love u C.Lee Morris) instead of something more cartoonish or parody type like Tao in the Blazblue dub (yikes)

PD : Dont get me wrong i'm aware of the star power the japanese cast has but to me dont seems imposible to gets good as that , since dont sound that special to me

I can't even really think of a really bad English VA in a Persona game. P3 and P4 English VA really fit their characters.

daevious

Fuuka and Chidori are the only weak links in an otherwise great english dub.

Chidori's questionable dubbing is especially baffling when you consider that she's voiced by the same person playing Aigis (the lovely Karren Strassman).

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/360/1360032/

Dengeki Playstation did a survey of everyone's favourite Persona in 5:

8. Captain Kidd
7. Necronomicon
5. Milady/Zorro
4. Carmen
3. Goemon
2. Johanna
1. Arsene

Arsene being #1 isn't that surprising, but it's good to see that Japan appreciates the mental motorcycle.

Moaradin

Chidori's questionable dubbing is especially baffling when you consider that she's voiced by the same person playing Aigis (the lovely Karren Strassman).

Wow it was really her? I thought she was great as Aigis so that's surprising to me. Maybe she didn't want them to sound too similar?

Nachos

That was Natsuki.

8. Captain Kidd
7. Necronomicon
5. Milady/Zorro
4. Carmen
3. Goemon
2. Johanna
1. Arsene
I'm surprised anyone could think anything inferior to a UFO with a gargoyle on top, much less Kidd.

Setsu00

I'm a bit bummed that Soejima is not the art director of P5, but Sudo seems to be doing a great job. Soejima's handwriting is all over the game anyway.

Edit: Seems like Sudo is "only" the art director of the GUI.

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Captain Kidd was 8?

This list is invalid and should be stricken from the record*.

*by which I mean "shot into the sun"

asagami_

Banned
I don't can watch videos at work buuut, this is bothering me a lot, anyone Phantom Thieve is capable of initiate the negotiation with demons, right?

12BoM

Ugh I cannot wait until the soundtrack starts to leak... I think im gonna select 5 songs at random that I'll be listening to, and saving the rest for the full game xD

asagami_

Banned
That was Natsuki.

I'm surprised anyone could think anything inferior to a UFO with a gargoyle on top, much less Kidd.

Actually I love the design of Necronomicon. There are so many implications there I can't wait to allow me spoil me everything about it and Futaba.

Capitalism ho!
ZvrhB51.jpg

Golden Best vol 3

UIvmzGn.jpg

Let everyone know what a Persona Fanatic you are by wearing a shirt to advertise their spokespeople!

HB2XMYs.jpg

Ec0FEYk.jpg

Surprisingly understated.

OKJEhwr.jpg

Violate temporal causality by wearing these with your Chie cosplay

X14gUqI.jpg

Use this stylish tote to carry around hearts you've stolen.

.JayZii

Banned

8. Captain Kidd
7. Necronomicon
5. Milady/Zorro
4. Carmen
3. Goemon
2. Johanna
1. Arsene
Poor Captain Kidd, I really like that design. It's hard to choose which one is the best, though, I think they did a really great job with the Persona designs for P5.

I'm curious if they will all be upgradable since a lot of them have more intricate designs than party personas in previous games. That might be the dev team just playing with the ability to render things with high visual fidelity than they were on the PS2 and PS1 games, though.

Setsu00

Poor Captain Kidd, I really like that design. It's hard to choose which one is the best, though, I think they did a really great job with the Persona designs for P5.

I'm curious if they will all be upgradable since a lot of them have more intricate designs than party personas in previous games. That might be the dev team just playing with the ability to render things with high visual fidelity than they were on the PS2 and PS1 games, though.

They are most likely upgradable. Many of the people commenting on the Personas mention that they wonder how their evolutions will look like.

DNAbro

The Persona 5 title screen is in latest Famitsu and I think you can see
Goro's mask
in the back.

Lusankya

There is also a new screen from the beach scene and Futaba is indeed just tiny. Even the other girls are a full head taller than her.

Seems like a funny scene though, you can see
Yusuke throwing a crab at her, what?? jk

Top Bottom