• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ueda posts about TLG

To All Interested Parties:

様々な創作の可能性を模索したいという動機から、少し前に(株)ソニー・コンピュータエンタテインメント (以下SCE) ジャパンスタジオを退社いたしました。
現在はフリーランス契約として『人喰いの大鷲トリコ』に携わっています。

お待たせしております『人喰いの大鷲トリコ』ですが、現在 も引き続き作品が目指す方向を提示するポジションに就いており、優秀なスタッフとともに制作を進めております。

ですが、それをどう世に出していくのかは、SCEが決定、発表していくと思いますので、今僕から何かをお伝えすることはできません。
皆さんに満足して貰えるような形で届けてくれる筈ですので、SCEからの正式な発表をお待ちください。

今後は、引き続き 『人喰いの大鷲トリコ』の制作と、特定の枠にこだわらない新たな創作の可能性に向け邁進してゆく所存です。
また、一個人としての創作活動にも積極的に取り組んでいきたいと考えておりますので、これからもよろしくお願いいたします。

As some of you may have heard, I left Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Studio some time ago to pursue my creative passions. Nevertheless, I continue working on THE LAST GUARDIAN as a freelance contributor.

While it’s been a long time coming, THE LAST GUARDIAN remains under my creative supervision and is still in development by an incredibly talented team.

I should also mention that details regarding THE LAST GUARDIAN's release is solely decided by Sony Computer Entertainment, not myself. Please keep an eye out for their official announcement.

Moving forward, it is my intent to continue my involvement with THE LAST GUARDIAN project, as well as pursue new creative projects with a fresh perspective. As I rekindle my passions as a creator, I look forward to seeing where it will take me, and I deeply appreciate your support during this transition.

http://www.fumi.to

Seems this is a response to a lot of frustrated people asking him about when the hell the game is being released.

DaBuddaDa

It's either moved to PS4, in which case it'll be a launch window title, or still on PS3 and will come out this Sept./Oct.

Emitan

I bought my PS3 for TLG so I'll be pretty upset if it's a PS4 release but at least that means it might be coming out.

DemonNite

please take your time

1gCyl3j.jpg

Haunted

The timing for this statement makes it clear we'll hear about it on the 20th.

I expect it to be moved to Orbis. Too ambitious for PS3.

Please keep an eye out for their official announcement.

Would be good if they actually made an official announcement. I think Sony, especially Shuhei Yoshida, really need to step up to the plate and give us a timeframe when it's expected to be completed.

Yeah sounds like pre-emptive damage control. "Sony's decision, don't blame me!"

Cmoooooon Feb 20th.

Either way, I don't think he'd send out this message if an announcement of any sort wasn't imminent.

Sid

Ya'll need to stop.

It's had a troubled devlopement, but it's clearly being released in some form. Everything points to it being shifted to PS4, which would explain why they've been so silent apart from constantly confirming it exists.
What points to it being on the PS4?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Think your days as a 'creator' may be numbered, Ueda. Maybe you'll find a better role as a designer on someone elses well-planned projects, but running your own ship again after this is either going to be through nostalgic charity Kickstarters or true desperado pubs.

PS4 seems likely now. No benefit to it being PS3 really at all, game was never gonna sell gangbusters, its a status symbol and thats what new consoles delight in.

Himself

I'm just curious what these new creative endeavors are that we've heard nothing about. I hope he isn't giving up on video games.

PS4 game. C'mon. Easily

Actually the only other option is that maybe it's a cross-gen title now with the PS4 version enjoying some enhancements over the PS3 version.

Either they sell PS4's with making it exclusive to PS4 or they try and recoup the financial burden of the game by making it cross-gen.

Top Bottom