• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid The Legacy Collection – Japanese price, release and boxart revealed

UPDATE:

Online retailers Amazon.com has added Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection to their shop. According to the store, the game will release July 9 for a price of $49.99.
Amazon has not yet added the game to their European stores. Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection will release exclusively on PlayStation 3.

Source: metalgearsolid.nl

---

Konami has launched a Japanese website for Metal Gear Solid The Legacy Collection. They showed the boxart as well as the release date and price for that region. Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection will be released in Japan on July 11th, for a price of 7,980 yen (but it can be purchased at Konami Style for 7,182). This translates to a price of about 60 euro, or 80 dollars. Metal-Gear-Solid-The-Legacy-Collection-Japanese-Box

Metal-Gear-Solid-The-Legacy-Collection-Japanese-Box.jpg

The item at the right is a 100-page artbook filled with Shinkawa’s work. Other than that, the bundle includes Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid Integral, MGS2, MGS3, MGS:pW, MGS4 and the two digital novels. Both MGS1 and the VR Missions will be distributed as a code for a digital version from the PSN store.

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection will be released exclusively for PlayStation 3, as confirmed by Kojima.

Metal-Gear-Solid-The-Legacy-Collection-Promo-Art.jpg

Lock if old!

Source

oldmario

hope the book won't be the same size as the ps3 boxes, hopefully something the same size as the MGS HD LE one

Basil

Banned
So they just ignore the non-Kojima entries altogether?

Kind of sucks... would have been nice to see the PSP stuff included in some form.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I'd like an entirely digital version please. Please no more discs. =/

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Great. Bet Konami can sucker in a few thousand to buy games they already own yet again.

This is a common tactic nowadays. *cough*Nintendo*cough* But it's why I'd want the digital versions of all the games. Don't need more disc copies..even though I don't actually own the discs.. some of the MGS stuff is on sale now with Plus but meh.

stn

Not hyped at all anymore. I was HOPING for MGS1 on a disc with trophies patched in or even Twin Snakes. Now I see its just a PSN code? I'll pass!

Defuser

How many times is Konami gonna keep rereleasing? Konami = SNKP

This would like the seventh time MGS3 is gonna be release lol.

I'm an expert

How many times is Konami gonna keep rereleasing? Konami = SNKP

This would like the seventh time MGS3 is gonna be release lol.

High ROI. Why wouldn't a company want more money?

SJRB

Gold Member
Not hyped at all anymore. I was HOPING for MGS1 on a disc with trophies patched in or even Twin Snakes. Now I see its just a PSN code? I'll pass!

Twin Snakes, what??

Also, what difference does it make if it's disc-based or downloadable?

mrboo001

Banned
I regret buying the HD Collection now. :(

I have all the games anyway... I guess.

Me too :(

I mean, I've never played this series before (I just beat MGS2) but now I wonder if I should get this too? I guess maybe I could try trading the HD collection a month before this hits or something. I guess it depends on the price.

Is MGS VR Missions on EU PSN?

It's not on any store at the moment, as far as I'm aware, so obviously they're bringing it out soon. Well, they're bringing out the NA and JPN versions. I doubt we'll get a PAL release of the Legacy Collection and if we don't, it'll be VR Missions fault. Apparently the other two versions didn't have this "feature" but our version of VR Missions had an idiotic setup where you needed to put the MGS1 disc in every time you booted the game. I'm not sure how they could pull that off via the PSN unless they actually changed the game.

oldmario

It's not on any store at the moment, as far as I'm aware, so obviously they're bringing it out soon. Well, they're bringing out the NA and JPN versions. I doubt we'll get a PAL release of the Legacy Collection and if we don't, it'll be VR Missions fault. Apparently the other two versions didn't have this "feature" but our version of VR Missions had an idiotic setup where you needed to put the MGS1 disc in every time you booted the game. I'm not sure how they could pull that off via the PSN unless they actually changed the game.

probably give us the US version like with spyro and resident evil

Hmm you are right, I only had the NTSC version back in the days but I remember the thing that said you need MGS1 on the PAL cover. I guess that would work if they gave MGS1 too in PSN, or just by giving the JP/US version.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
$80 for an HD collection that goes for $30, a PS1 classic that goes for $10, and a 5 year old game that goes for $20. Where are the other $20 going to?

Jawmuncher

$80 for an HD collection that goes for $30, a PS1 classic that goes for $10, and a 5 year old game that goes for $20. Where are the other $20 going to?

I doubt that Konami is going to sell it for 80.
Most of the time the JPN price is always high than the US price. I'm betting on a 60 dollar price tag. If they want to make it attractive to new fans of the series.

A 100pg artbook and HD versions of the digital motion comic for MGS1 and 2?

As somebody who has the artbooks for Peace Walker and the crazy hardcover one for MGS1 to 3, I'm covered on that front. I have all versions of the games on offer except Peace Walker HD in Japanese and "patch-on-disc" MGS4 which isn't a bother to me (I can wait for a patch to download), and I wasn't a fan of the comic versions of MGS1+2 when it hit DVD so I'm not really starved for that on BD.

Top Bottom