• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Upinsmoke

Got this for Christmas

Why on earth is there rubber banding???

Numerous occasions I'll be comfortably in the lead and a car will hurtle pass me, oh okay maybe it's just faster in a straight line..so I stay behind it for a lap and down the same straight the car infront no longer has the same speed it had exactly a lap before

I'm really enjoying it but that's pretty pathetic and has put a real dampener on the experience.

Fox Mulder

Got this for Christmas

Why on earth is there rubber banding???

Numerous occasions I'll be comfortably in the lead and a car will hurtle pass me, oh okay maybe it's just faster in a straight line..so I stay behind it for a lap and down the same straight the car infront no longer has the same speed it had exactly a lap before

I'm really enjoying it but that's pretty pathetic and has put a real dampener on the experience.

rubber banding for the casuals. The AI is running on their own physics too and can outright cheat at times. At least the awful drivatar AI is hidden better in Horizon than Motorsports.

I need a help plz.
I've bought this game on day one, and installed it on pc twice, coz i changed my computer in october.
I had to uninstall it because i had not enough space for other games
I decided to redownload it today, but i can't find it in the list with gears of war ect...
Anyone has any idea what i have to do?
Thanks everyone

shagia

long time no post here!

I bought a Ferrari FXX K, and although it's not as fast as your typical S2 car, it makes up for that in steering and cornering, it absolutely handles incredibly and completely makes up for the poor top speed on courses with tight corners where you can easily hit a corner in the third or fourth gear and speed out without oversteer, leaving others in the dust (until you hit a straight, that is), it's definitely one of my favorite S2 cars already. I've already played and won 2 online adventures using it and made a half million back

Definitely tune your gears to sacrifice a bit of top speed for acceleration, it still won't beat out a typical S2 car but the stock gear timing is wack IMO, it helps to get the most out of a car like this, especially at 2.6 million

don't bother doing a drivetrain swap like some of the storefront tunes suggest unless you like to drive bricks with bad top speeds, you can't do any performance upgrades or drivetrain upgrades (besides 'rally' stuff)

Any idea why my Forza Rewards credits are not being added to my total? Everytime I redeem, I get the message, download the credits, message gone no credits? Wasted a lot of credits like that already.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Any good guides for tuning? I know I can get load upgrades others have done, but I want to tune cars myself

So, I have about 3 million in the bank and have completed the main game. I havent touched blizzard mountain yet though.

Im tempted to buy the cover car, the Lamborghini Centenario, I have been smoked by it online a few times. It also seems great on road and off road, I presume because its the cover car.

Is that a wise spend of money, or is that car actually not as good as I hope it is? I havent really tried it except that very first opening to the game.

KRaZyAmmo

So, I have about 3 million in the bank and have completed the main game. I havent touched blizzard mountain yet though.

Im tempted to buy the cover car, the Lamborghini Centenario, I have been smoked by it online a few times. It also seems great on road and off road, I presume because its the cover car.

Is that a wise spend of money, or is that car actually not as good as I hope it is? I havent really tried it except that very first opening to the game.

I have one and while it may not have a great top speed like most super cars, it handles beautifully. But I would save your credits.

Fox Mulder

It's a great car and can be tuned to a beast. You should be able to find some cheaper in the auction house.

LoveCake

I was looking forward to this being set in Australia, but it's not as good as I was expecting it to be, I never knew that it rained so much in Australia and also the nights seem to be so long.

When I am playing more than half the time it's either dusk/night or raining :/

It's hard enough racing at 200MPH on narrow roads as it is without it being dark and raining, I am all for weather and day/night cycles in games, but does it really rain in Australia every day and I am now starting to think that are most of the races held at night for CPU/GPU reasons?

Montresor

Finally finished off the 1500/1500 gamerscore in this game. Blizzard Mountain was exquisite. I don't even want to race in mainland Australia anymore. I'm addicted to the snow!

Can you buy cars that are in the monthly packs with in game money?

Sadly no. DLC cars are DLC exclusive, the only way to obtain them is through the auction house.

I was looking forward to this being set in Australia, but it's not as good as I was expecting it to be, I never knew that it rained so much in Australia and also the nights seem to be so long.

When I am playing more than half the time it's either dusk/night or raining :/

It's hard enough racing at 200MPH on narrow roads as it is without it being dark and raining, I am all for weather and day/night cycles in games, but does it really rain in Australia every day and I am now starting to think that are most of the races held at night for CPU/GPU reasons?

You can set the time of day and whether freely with event blueprints.

Tomorrow's Car Pack list:

BMW i8
Bentley Bentayga
Ford Falcon XA GTHO
Ford Trophy Truck
Nissan Skyline GTS-R R31
Radical RXC Turbo
Volvo V60 Polestar

That might be the best one yet if you ask me.

xrnzaaas

BMW i8
Bentley Bentayga
Ford Falcon XA GTHO
Ford Trophy Truck
Nissan Skyline GTS-R R31
Radical RXC Turbo
Volvo V60 Polestar

It looks okay, but not great imo.
Another Skyline? This is starting to feel like a Gran Turismo thread. ;p Also I see no point in adding a Volvo V60 when we already have a Volvo S60. An XC90 or S/V90 would be much better.

LoveCake

You can set the time of day and whether freely with event blueprints.

I tend to stick to the default though to try out other cars etc, otherwise I would just end up sticking to one car.

BMW i8
Bentley Bentayga
Ford Falcon XA GTHO
Ford Trophy Truck
Nissan Skyline GTS-R R31
Radical RXC Turbo
Volvo V60 Polestar

Only the:

BMW i8
Bentley Bentayga

for me, these DLC car packs should be having great cars in them and not regular run of the mill cars, seems to me to be getting worse each sequel :( and I keep falling for the Season Pass every-time, I think that the Forza games are going to have to come off my pre-order/day-one list :/

LoveCake

or you can purchase the peasant's edition and still have a lot of fun :) Playground and Turn 10 sure know how to milk their biggest fans ;)

Tell me about it, I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition (Digital only) for £89.99 and then I had to buy the Blizzard Mountain DLC map for £12.99 I think it was with the VIP discount, but a couple of weeks before Christmas in my local Game store they had the basic version on disc for £25 and there was a woman (a mom I presume) that actually went to the counter to ask if the price was correct and to confirm that it was the latest game and the store-guy said yes both were correct!

I have owned every Forza game and got all the DLC, the only Forza game I haven't got is the PC APEX one as my PC won't run it, Playground and Turn 10 should know this and treat the real fans and supporters much better!

rrs

It looks okay, but not great imo.
Another Skyline? This is starting to feel like a Gran Turismo thread. ;p Also I see no point in adding a Volvo V60 when we already have a Volvo S60. An XC90 or S/V90 would be much better.
I'd say it's a good pack, at least this Skyline has some history in aussie motosports so it gets a pass.
I hope it has a group 5 bodykit, now that would be awesome.
As for the volvo, could be the ported car of the pack even if I like the idea of making station wagons go fast.

also, this game is my gran turismo fix because the series itself is all "look at me, I'm a serious e-sport racing game" instead of the "1900 HP out of the pikes peak escudo on race tracks" fun I'd had out of GT2/3

Has anyone had an issue getting Xbox one controllers to work on PC? Spent 20 minutes troubleshooting and even the Xbox accessories app doesn't recognize either Xbox one controller. I turned on my ps4 and forza saw it immediately, I want to use my x1 stuff though.

Both are connected to the wireless dongle.

nothing to do, i called microsoft for assistance and they didn't help me
it seems that my windows version is not compatible, i have last version
checked for update
congratulation microsoft, thanks a lot
my brother could make a better thing when he is drunk

The auction house is weird - I see a lot of cars for super cheap on there - and I see a lot of cars that sell for way over the asking price of that car in the auto show

I mean I scratch it up to people not checking a cars value before impulse buying or impulse listing but it just feels weird how much traffic goes through and the percentage of auctions that go beyond or below the threshold of an informed purchase/ sell. I understand putting a low starting bid to entice a bidding war but many people also put a extremely low buyout price which I just don't get.

Is there some weird automated system in the backend making it feel 'Alive' or is it all player driven?

It's crazy addictive either way

xrnzaaas

The auction house is weird - I see a lot of cars for super cheap on there - and I see a lot of cars that sell for way over the asking price of that car in the auto show

I mean I scratch it up to people not checking a cars value before impulse buying or impulse listing but it just feels weird how much traffic goes through and the percentage of auctions that go beyond or below the threshold of an informed purchase/ sell. I understand putting a low starting bid to entice a bidding war but many people also put a extremely low buyout price which I just don't get.

Is there some weird automated system in the backend making it feel 'Alive' or is it all player driven?

It's crazy addictive either way

A lot of the cars with a high asking price are already tuned, but yeah, in most cases it's people not checking the prices.

As for the low buyout price, some people just want to get rid of unwanted cars from their garage (without removing them and receiving nothing).

Is it just me or is Blizzard Mountain a lot harder than the base game? Struggling hard on Expert here.

The AI and the rubberbanding are uneven. I've won a lot of races on Unbeatable with a safe margin and in others some AI cars finished 30 seconds ahead in a 3 minute race (!).

rrs

check this post for more cars found in game

same

rip me

I'd say don't update on PC until this issue is fixed

EDIT: seems to be making a new folder with the new version in it, so maybe not so bad? Still, hoping this isn't another 50 GB swiped
IrPwqPF.png

EDIT2: it's an unencrypted version uh oh
OuFS5yq.png

edit3: gee, that's a nice lot of porsches for the dlc (spoilers link)

edit4: all the cars/car stubs in game (very spoilers)
no VWs lol

GlamFM

Banned
53 gig update.

What the fuck...

I mean

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

It´s out of control.

EDIT: ARE THEY OUT OF THEIR FUCKING MINDS!?

Seems like other unreleased cars are in that filename leak.

DOD_DartGT_13 - the only Dodge Dart is the 60s one currently, this would be different.

Lima

That update size is because it's redownloading the entire game. It's an issue some people have had forever on Xbox where it does this for every update they trigger manually.
Didn't know this would also apply to the PC though. That's surprising assuming the root of the issue is the same.

GlamFM

Banned
That update size is because it's redownloading the entire game. It's an issue some people have had forever on Xbox where it does this for every update they trigger manually.
Didn't know this would also apply to the PC though. That's surprising assuming the root of the issue is the same.

It seems intentional here though.

have not seen anybody with a smaller download on PC.

rrs

yeah just pause the download until what I believe is an internal debug version is pulled off the MS store

Top Bottom