• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

evangd007

- 15 apology mythril today

- double greens from 5/23-5/29

- during double greens week, 10 mythril and Hailstorm will be available in the greens shop

- daily 5 mythril login bonus from 6/1-6/11 (Extreme fest? pre-Extreme fest?)

Desire to pull on FFIV rising. But I also want to pull on 4 events shortly after Extreme fest because I have terrible synergy on FFVII and FFVI, and no synergy at all on FFIX and FFI.

Anustart

They word it poorly in the announcement. I'm sure the 10 mythril in exchange doesn't go live until when?

Says now but...

I demand 10 apology mythril.

Lot of mythril coming up. Now I can pull on ff8 banner and not get squall.
vJVZtY1.png

Anyway, can see most of my 99s in this shot.

Have most skills honed to r2 or higher so if I need it I probably have it.

Notable bursts:

Snow, ok, ysh that I've been using for the fight.

Have squall enice and osb, bunch of ssbs. If I have a character to 99 I either have their burst or good ssb.

You don't need everyone to be 99. Do you have anything in the way of water SBs?

Also agree there ls too much defense and not enough offense. I was using both Shout and VoF and doing all 9s to Ixion every attack. Drop Snow and replace with Tyro, drop Beatrix and replace with someone with a water BSB or OSB (Tidus/Kimahri/Rikku if you have their BSB are good), and RW Ramza. If OK is fully moted and you have decent synergy you can get him up to close to 600 mag, so you can gear him with Chain Blizzaga and something else with lots of hones for damage

What BSBs do you have? Bring as many as you can and use them to cancel the single target slow from Valefor. When Valefor is almost dead use RW Shout for the first time to cancel the rest of the slows

Anustart

You don't need everyone to be 99. Do you have anything in the way of water SBs?

Also agree there ls too much defense and not enough offense. I was using both Shout and VoF and doing all 9s to Ixion every attack. Drop Snow and replace with Tyro, drop Beatrix and replace with someone with a water BSB or OSB (Tidus/Kimahri/Rikku if you have their BSB are good), and RW Ramza. If OK is fully moted and you have decent synergy you can get him up to close to 600 mag, so you can gear him with Chain Blizzaga and something else with lots of hones for damage

What BSBs do you have? Bring as many as you can and use them to cancel the single target slow from Valefor. When Valefor is almost dead use RW Shout for the first time to cancel the rest of the slows

Only water bsb is rikku. Snow was handy for ifrit as well as last stand but ill see about dropping him.

Had Beatrice to carry shell and her mblink ssb.

Fuck yeah! Tried those changes and......

Ysh is on full time curaja detail, cannot wrath, cannot build meter. Wall at start runs out, everyone fucking dies to the first boss barely half dead. I fucking love it!!!!!!!!!!

If someone is slowed there's no coming back if they at 0 atb because the boss is going to get 5 moves in before they can act again. And he slows individuals and the whole fucking party. Would have died a lot earlier but last stand from snow kept us ticking 2 seconds longer than otherwise.

If I don't rw wall there is 0 fucking ways past even the first boss.

Maybe if I bring 4 healers tho

I can smash 250 torments no prob, but this fight is just utter fucking bullshit. Seriously about to throw my fucking phone at the wall.

friz898

Ok pulled on Yuna USB banner.

2/11, Braska SSB and Riki SSB

Haven't really looked at them but they are both new so can't complain. Back to 4 mythril!

Rubenov

Out in car and on phone now so can't really focus on your setup Anustart, but I am still under the impressions you can do anything my non-leet ass can do.

Holy shit like 17 mythril to logon today.

Rubenov (or any banner experts). If you were to assume I have a little of everything (except only 1 water relic, and no wall) would you suggest a 50myth for one of these two banners or try my chances at Yuna's USB? My synergy is same on bob and I have a ton of medica but that Yuna stuff is big.

I have a lot of holy to include all of Agrias and Cecil stuff so I don't know that Ceodore is a big deal. I don't have but like 4 lighting relics but everybody here makes it sound like Kain gear is hard to get.

One pull expecting a relic has a high chance to lead to dissapointment. I'd recommend you pull on Yuna's banner if you have a low dupe count and could use extra synergy. Yes, that's a bigger prize than the stuff in the IV banner.

friz898

One pull expecting a relic has a high chance to lead to dissapointment. I'd recommend you pull on Yuna's banner if you have a low dupe count and could use extra synergy. Yes, that's a bigger prize than the stuff in the IV banner.

Lol timing, didn't matter though. Oh and I never save lol

Edit: oh man that Rikku costume buff is same as alpha and ok isn't it? Bleh

Looks like Braska is useful for the fire buff I guess

Only water bsb is rikku. Snow was handy for ifrit as well as last stand but ill see about dropping him.

Ysh is on full time curaja detail, cannot wrath, cannot build meter. Wall at start runs out, everyone fucking dies to the first boss barely half dead. I fucking love it!!!!!!!!!!

If someone is slowed there's no coming back if they at 0 atb because the boss is going to get 5 moves in before they can act again. And he slows individuals and the whole fucking party. Would have died a lot earlier but last stand from snow kept us ticking 2 seconds longer than otherwise.

I can smash 250 torments no prob, but this fight is just utter fucking bullshit. Seriously about to throw my fucking phone at the wall.

Trying to rely on Ysh for healing and wall in this fight is asking too much. Let her either wall, or heal. Not both. You REALLY need a physical blink to dodge the guaranteed AOE slow from Valfor. Arc is perfect for this. I think you have Squall OSB plus En-Element, so Ifrit is easily trashed. As long as you time Arc's blink as soon as the third part of the fight starts, you should be fine. From all the AOE going on, you should have some breaks built up.

Not sure I've ever done a fight where my healer was doing anything other than cure spam. Put protectga on Ysh (Valefor does lots of physical damage) and give her Mako Might so you csn get Asylum off as soon as you need it. Once Asylum is cast you can usually get close to a full bar before it wears off. I can usually keep Asylum up almost a full fight. Btw if you have Ultra Cure you'll get more SB gauge over using Curaja

friz898

Not sure I've ever done a fight where my healer was doing anything other than cure spam. Put protectga on Ysh (Valefor does lots of physical damage) and give her Mako Might so you csn get Asylum off as soon as you need it. Once Asylum is cast you can usually get close to a full bar before it wears off. I can usually keep Asylum up almost a full fight. Btw if you have Ultra Cure you'll get more SB gauge over using Curaja

I didn't know that about the gauge, I've only got UC to 6 hones, so I don't always use it over curaja or curaise. Nice tip.

Also ya, my main healer sometimes can't even do their secondary job (protectga/shellga/multibreak) because gotta heal every single time.

I didn't know that about the gauge, I've only got UC to 6 hones, so I don't always use it over curaja or curaise. Nice tip.

Also ya, my main healer sometimes can't even do their secondary job (protectga/shellga/multibreak) because gotta heal every single time.

How much sb you get from using abilities is a function of the rarity. 5* abilities give you more than 4* (Lifesiphon being the exception). For fights where you want SB spam, instead of using Wrath use Knight's Charge RM (although in this case i still think Mako Might is better)

friz898

How much sb you get from using abilities is a function of the rarity. 5* abilities give you more than 4* (Lifesiphon being the exception). For fights where you want SB spam, instead of using Wrath use Knight's Charge RM (although in this case i still think Mako Might is better)

I never use Wrath, all though I see it's popular.

I do use LifeSiphon pretty often.

I rarely have room for anything like Knight's charge, but I always force Mako Might/Mogs Teachings in.

And, I mean, I guess I knew that Firaja gives more SB gauge than fire. I mean, makes sense, but I've never paid attention to it, I just know (kinda like you said) that on the tough fights, I get hit so hard that right when my Burst/Wall/Buff/Whatever is wearing off, I've got it ready to go again.

friz898

In reference to several people knowing Anustart can get this, and perhaps there is something he hasn't thought of in frustration ...

.... I was like, soon people will be streaming/twitching/youtubing their stuff live.

Then I figured, well shit being old, and not into Twitch at all, this probably already is a thing.

Anustart

Problem is, with her healing and using asylum I have no wall. I have the first cast and that's it. Wall runs out after valefor down to 25% hp. She can't recast it because everyone will be near dead as she can't keep up.

friz898

Problem is, with her healing and using asylum I have no wall. I have the first cast and that's it. Wall runs out after valefor down to 25% hp. She can't recast it because everyone will be near dead as she can't keep up.

Are you using two healers? Maybe Arc's medica or any medica with a mako might?

Are you using Full Break/Multi Break, plus Breakdowns, plus Shell/Prot (i didnt use prot) plus whatever soulbreak debuffs you have?

With wall, Valefor was nothing for me, not sure what was different. My trouble was Ixion because no wall.

Are you talking about Ysh'tola wall? I didn't have much trouble between protectga, Tyro wall, breakdowns and spamming Ysh'tola insta cast heal. Maybe stack DEF gear?

friz898

Are you talking about Ysh'tola wall? I didn't have much trouble between protectga, Tyro wall, breakdowns and spamming Ysh'tola insta cast heal. Maybe stack DEF gear?

Ya, I was surprised he's getting hit so hard.

I don't ever talk or ask about it on here, but (with a few exceptions) I usually do best attack for a weapon, best defense (best overall with high def) for my armor, and then the accessory will either be resist, or it will be atk/def depending on the character.

For my casters I just stack mag or mnd depending on their role.

Edit: I'm off today for the record, and I should have already left the house and took care of errands. Damn gamer nerds.

Decided to do one more pull on FF4 since we're getting this surprise influx of mythril. Still no Kain BSB (and in fact I do not have a single BSB for FF4), but I did get his OSB! Not a terrible consolation prize.

friz898

Decided to do one more pull on FF4 since we're getting this surprise influx of mythril. Still no Kain BSB (and in fact I do not have a single BSB for FF4), but I did get his OSB! Not a terrible consolation prize.

I love Kain too, even with the betryal, as to me, he was my first Dragoon in the world of Final Fantasy.

But damn, this forum is in love with the dude! lol

His OSB I guess is suppose to be great stats? I noticed the synergy buffs etc. I hadn't noticed the stats till someone mentioned it earlier.

I'm fixing to do another chase on that Yuna USB, I had forgotten my wife got me some itunes cash last night, it was sitting on my night stand.

Anustart

Dunno how anyone can hit ixion for 9999. I had 3 stacked water imperil and still max out at 4k damage. Still dead and no closer to winning as at the end ixion just spams shit nonstop.

friz898

Dunno how anyone can hit ixion for 9999. I had 3 stacked water imperil and still max out at 4k damage. Still dead and no closer to winning as at the end ixion just spams shit nonstop.

After I finish this 120 raid for completion, I'm going to go back to your screenshot, and see if I can do anything like what you're facing. Just curious.

I love Kain too, even with the betryal, as to me, he was my first Dragoon in the world of Final Fantasy.

But damn, this forum is in love with the dude! lol

His OSB I guess is suppose to be great stats? I noticed the synergy buffs etc. I hadn't noticed the stats till someone mentioned it earlier.

I'm fixing to do another chase on that Yuna USB, I had forgotten my wife got me some itunes cash last night, it was sitting on my night stand.

Kain doesn't betray anyone. He's mind controlled. It's different. Every time the bad guy loses his power on kain, he comes back to the good guys.

Now, does he feel shitty about being so weak minded he was easy to manipulate? Sure.

But, still...two vastly different situations.

Anustart

After I finish this 120 raid for completion, I'm going to go back to your screenshot, and see if I can do anything like what you're facing. Just curious.

Mastered it finally. Jesus fuck.

Wouldn't have been possible without that last stand. Thanks cpp for idea on bringing tyro.

Final party was:

Tyro, Snow, Rikku, Ysh and onion knight.

Rw wall.

And with those stones, now have a 180 attack gun. Thing is like super shotgun from Doom.

friz898

Kain doesn't betray anyone. He's mind controlled. It's different. Every time the bad guy loses his power on kain, he comes back to the good guys.

Now, does he feel shitty about being so weak minded he was easy to manipulate? Sure.

But, still...two vastly different situations.

lol, I forget if it was the old snes translation or the new DS translation, it kind of clarified a little better.

I haven't played FFIV since the psp remaster, but I still think Kain does or says something pretty shady when not mind-controlled by Golbez. Besides, why can Cecil's brother mind control him so well yet Tellah, FuSoYa, and any other mage/wizard cant?

Lol ya, cause video games, but just having fun with the Kain thing.

friz898

Wouldn't have been possible without that last stand. Thanks cpp for idea on bringing tyro.

Final party was:

Rw wall.

And with those stones, now have a 180 attack gun. Thing is like super shotgun from Doom.

I just finished my one and only attempt trying to mimic your team, I'm glad you beat it.

I'll post a couple pics, if I had your Native Wall, I think I would have had it first try, but no receipts.
Edit2: Team - I really don't have your setup, with the chars you had selected in that screenshot, I only had stuff for OK, not ysh, squall, beatrix, or snow.

But, I brought Firion as your Beatrix for Mblink.
Took O Knight
I used two healers, I prefer to use Alphi over Arc, but used Arc since I have that blink SSB as well,
and brought Edge as my "Snow"

Edit: Pics

After Valefor, still good shape, thanks wall.

sdZ5YR9m.png

After Ifrit, 2nd wall used, now it's going to get shitty.

XVrfQgGm.png

Where I wiped. Was completely out of hones by this point, and of course Ixion was all blink and last stand.

OYFNjr1m.png

friz898

Alright, chased Yuna one more time, I'm out now guys, gotta finally get some stuff done today.

The pull was lol.

1/11 and I guess I now have both of Braska's 2 SSB. This time I got his robe. Shrug.

When I was hitting 9999 against him it was with Shout + Vessel of Fate using water attacks with Kimahri and Tidus (who were essentially Lv. 109 due to synergy) using the +30% Damage RMs (Truthseeker and Spear of Gran Pulse). Anyway, glad you got it mastered.

graywords

Alright, chased Yuna one more time, I'm out now guys, gotta finally get some stuff done today.

The pull was lol.

1/11 and I guess I now have both of Braska's 2 SSB. This time I got his robe. Shrug.

Know the feeling. My one budgeted pull on this event got me 2 of that robe. Thankfully it also got me Paine's water SSB, which let me just barely scrape by with mastery of the tougher battles in this event.

My X synergy is pure shyte, really wanted something decent for Yuna or Tidus. Oh well, someday, right?

friz898

Know the feeling. My one budgeted pull on this event got me 2 of that robe. Thankfully it also got me Paine's water SSB, which let me just barely scrape by with mastery of the tougher battles in this event.

My X synergy is pure shyte, really wanted something decent for Yuna or Tidus. Oh well, someday, right?

Well I only have Tidus burst for Water, it's my worse element, so hear ya there.

As for the robes, I wasn't impressed put a quick google search earlier suggested it's some great Mage-meta team toy. I guess it stacks with Alphi's and OK's atk/mag buff. And probably several other things also. So I'm sure I'll find a use for it, but man it would have been nice to have that Yuna USB -- also I don't really do "mage teams" but never too late to work one up I guess.

Rubenov

Final party was:

Rw wall.

Congrats, glad you stuck with it.

Mknzy

OK, so I realized on this event just how shit my X synergy is right now. If I am going to pull once on one of the banners, which would be the better one to pull on?

friz898

Well I *never spend money anymore on the game unless it's a gift, but I did a 50 myth and an itunes gift pull that I posted earlier today (in the midst of all my forum spam) and it was basically 3/22 - Rikku SSB, and 2 Braska SSB.

All I wanted was a paltry Yuna USB, shouldnt I get it since I don't have wall? lol

*100 gem pulls don't count

Well, CM and Apoc mastered on first try. Yuna USB is great. Also brought Vanille with her BSB. Will Vaan ever leave my team? His BSB is just too good. Wanted to combibe it with Setzer BSB like I do sometimes but I brought Tyro instead. It's rare that I bring him for SG anymore.

Negator

Went ahead and honed Ultra Cure to R5 and Meltdown to R2.

I figure I could just use Ultra Cure as my main cure spell from now on.

WarAdept

Went ahead and honed Ultra Cure to R5 and Meltdown to R2.

I figure I could just use Ultra Cure as my main cure spell from now on.

May as well since Major White isn't used in anything upcoming other than Ruby Spike.

And Angelsong but who needs more than R1 on that...

...and Bard stuff is never coming out.

friz898

Well, CM and Apoc mastered on first try. Yuna USB is great. Also brought Vanille with her BSB. Will Vaan ever leave my team? His BSB is just too good. Wanted to combibe it with Setzer BSB like I do sometimes but I brought Tyro instead. It's rare that I bring him for SG anymore.

Don't trust that Yuna, she gave me the eyes too, but then she no-showed on our date today.

Anustart

Best yunalesca first try. We were never in any danger.

Does ultra cure cure sap? Accidentally brought it to our fight and i was unsure so I never used it.

Syntsui

Loved those PSA groups stating Ultra Cure doesn't remove sap, there was another one with another tip but I don't remember what it was.

friz898

Best yunalesca first try. We were never in any danger.

Does ultra cure cure sap? Accidentally brought it to our fight and i was unsure so I never used it.

Little late on this but I spammed the damn forum so much today already

Super shotgun you say? Now I am thinking you are old(er) like me.

That was my favorite weapon when I finally got a pc and was introduced to Doom, Descent, Heretic, Hexen, RoTT, and Duke.

3 of the guys who played with me (irl friends were part of the original 12 valve guys)

Negator

Has there been any game in the series where Esuna removes sap or slow? For as long as I can remember the counters to sap and slow were regen and haste.

Top Bottom