• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC Vol. 3 announced, releasing today in Japan, 200 yen each

Hobby

C pack:
Contains 3 courses and is rated as 3 star difficulty. 200 yen, releasing today.

FJmAw.png

ynNWo.png

ynNWo.png

Push forward on precarious footing pack:

Contains 3 courses and is rated as 4 star difficulty. 200 yen, releasing today.

dYtsF.png

XhoEn.png

fOvUt.png

Video at the link (click on the video with the "New" banner):

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/abej/dlc/index.html#vol3menu

watershed

Banned
I feel like Nintendo have really maxed out this current incarnation of 2d mario at this point. Besides online co-op I can't think of anything that would make the games more appealing beyond what NSMB2 and NSMB U offer. Next step should be a shake up.

I feel like Nintendo have really maxed out this current incarnation of 2d mario at this point. Besides online co-op I can't think of anything that would make the games more appealing beyond what NSMB2 and NSMB U offer. Next step should be a shake up.

You play as Bowser setting up levels full of monsters and traps to try to beat AI controlled Mario, Luigi, and B/Y Toads

Haha! I knew the people saying the SMB1/3 retro pack was the last DLC was wrong!

Bring on the SLC Nintendo! I hopethey update it for years honesly. Coin Rush is just so addicting!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

Well, if they stick to their claims, there will not be any more NSMB for years, if ever. (The one-game-per-platform strategy.)

If they make another 2D game with Mario in it in the meantime, I would guess it'll be something new.

They have said NSMB is a once-a-generation thing, so unless they're really struggling, I imagine the next 2D platformers will be of Kirby and Donkey Kong variety.

Metallix87

I agree. I see one of two options:

1.) Super Mario Bros. 2 USA throwback game, borrowing gameplay mechanics, visual style, and theme from that game, possibly mixed in with some "classic" Mario themes and ideas, to provide a totally new experience. The co-op would be really fun, with each character controlling and playing slightly differently.

2.) New Super Mario Bros. "Reboot" game, with a bunch of totally new ideas. The thing that instantly comes to my mind, in this case, is keeping the Super Mushroom and the Starman, and ditching every other power-up from previous games, in favor of a bunch of new, unique power-ups that offer abilities that radically change the way you play the games.

Diablos54

They have said NSMB is a once-a-generation thing, so unless they're really struggling, I imagine the next 2D platformers will be of Kirby and Donkey Kong variety.

Well, if they stick to their claims, there will not be any more NSMB for years, if ever. (The one-game-per-platform strategy.)

If they make another 2D game with Mario in it in the meantime, I would guess it'll be something new.
New Super Mario Bros. U: Yoshi's Land.

It'll be 'Is SMW2:YI a Mario game?' all over again but worse, because you know, it's NSMB.

Fix the music
Better art style
More playable characters
Make the playable characters have unique abilities
Co-op challenge mode
etc

I assume they have some Mario level design tool...where all the assets are already on the cartridge and they just re-position them to create new DLC levels. Takes up hardly any space at all.

It was a joke - maybe not here, but plenty of people complain each time a new pack is released at the low size of the download.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
GAH I thought the Classic Pack was it, so I replayed the gold mushroom pack a bunch and got up to a million coins finally. BUT NOW THIS! I no longer have a coin goal to work towards, so there is very little motivation to actually play them.

I shoulda known though, there was no way there was gonna be an A pack and B pack with no C pack. CRAP!

Can't have all of the courses except for these though, can I??? CONSUMER WHORE ALERT

Berordn

So you have to at least play the first 3 packs or unlock the first 3 packs before getting DLC access?

Just need to have Coin Rush unlocked. The store just requires having Spotpass enabled on the 3DS and the game, which could take an hour or two after that to receive the update through there.

Teknoman

Just need to have Coin Rush unlocked. The store just requires having Spotpass enabled on the 3DS and the game, which could take an hour or two after that to receive the update through there.

I've got it unlocked, spotpass was enabled on my 3DS, and i've had the game since launch...still no option for DLC.

EDIT: What the...it just updated for the shop. That is just strange...

Top Bottom