• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Box Art

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
1357981974-1.jpg

1357981975-2.jpg

Sorry, that looks like a fan's photoshop hack job. A million faces and poses scattered about with zero thought or cohesion for composition, colors, and readability. Some of the white underline on characters even looks like it was torn out of other artwork and pasted in.

naruto_shippuden_ultimate_ninja_storm_2_frontcover_large_IWQ7OAT6b2Hx0iS.jpg

Shippuden 2s was muuch better.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Naruto grew up?

Yeah, like 5 years ago.

Sorry, that looks like a fan's photoshop hack job. A million faces and poses scattered about with zero thought or cohesion for composition, colors, and readability. Some of the white underline on characters even looks like it was torn out of other artwork and pasted in.

I'm sure there's a focus group out there that showed that photoshopping a bunch of characters onto the cover would be the most marketable cover. North American audiences don't give a fuck about composition.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
They're still making these? Who keeps buying these?

Why can't there be a Berserk or Gurren Lagann game. :(

They're actually pretty good games, and I'm not even really a fan of Naruto at all. Plus they're freakin' beautiful. CC2 does the best cel shading in the industry.

And it really shouldn't be a surprise that they keep selling. Naruto is the modern-day DBZ, after all.

jgminto

Not a great cover. I hope the Jojo's All Star Battle cover is better. For such a stylish series to get a dull cover would be a serious disservice.

They're still making these? Who keeps buying these?

Why can't there be a Berserk or Gurren Lagann game. :(

While I didn't buy Generations, the two games before that were awesome. And this one looks to be much the same.

And as far as Berserk is concerned, I do believe there was a game way back when the series was in its prime, but the release schedule of the manga chapters has become way too sporadic. Honestly, I'm losing interest. They need to hurry up to the magic fairy island so Caska can start speaking again.

Apath

Naruto's sage design is also 100x better than every other one of his -- both his past designs and future ones.

Apath

His "designs" lol
psshhh they all look good.
Not sure what else to call it. His outfits? How Kishi decided to draw Naruto to represent a certain stage of power?

And his normal design is pretty boring -- looks like he's wearing an orange jogging suit. His nine-tails mode looks like shit.

Doesn't look that great to be honest, really looking forward to the game but yea.

Sage Naruto is hard to top. Hopefully they have a special edition like the previous game (Generations or whatever it was called) with
Ninetails Naruto power thing
cause he is cool looking, not as much as Sage Mode though.

Naruto in a coat just looks right, destiny!

Would have preferred a SasuNaru themed cover, way too many characters on this, especially the left side.
-I dont think the tailed beasts needed to be on it

Already preordered months ago and cant wait, my most anticipated game this year.

Pein

Banned
Doesn't look that great to be honest, really looking forward to the game but yea.

Sage Naruto is hard to top. Hopefully they have a special edition like the previous game (Generations or whatever it was called) with
Ninetails Naruto power thing
cause he is cool looking, not as much as Sage Mode though.

Naruto in a coat just looks right, destiny!

manga spoilers
he does get a coat in full rikudou mode
http://i.imgur.com/QheLK.jpg

sage is cool as fuck though, phantom karate and rhino tossing awesomeness.

Cover is too busy wish they had a limited edition with a hand drawn aesthetic, get kishimoto to do it his color spreads are usually dope.

Top Bottom