• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

diaspora

Don't be sorry, bruh. Keep the gifs coming!

PFzb8UF.gif

Dominator

Aside from animation jank that is bothering me but is slowly fading away, the only issues I had in the trial was framerate issues and the game would straight up freeze for a few seconds before coming back. One time it would be a jet pack jump, then killing an enemy, then driving the Nomad off a cliff. It was really strange timings where it was happening.

Not sure if it's happening on PC but I'm playing on Xbox. Not gonna stop me from continuing though once Tuesday hits.

JoeBoy101

Until reviews, right? Can't wait.

Until game too. Many will VPN to Best Korea to unlock early. I gotta work tomorrow, so I'm just waiting until midnight because I took Tuesday off. Wootwoot.

Dominator said:
Not sure if it's happening on PC but I'm playing on Xbox. Not gonna stop me from continuing though once Tuesday hits.

On PC, my playthrough was very clean. Aside from the mentioned animation oddities I had little to no bugs raise their head.

They're waiting for Tuesday I bet. :-/

Madness

Just got the digital version and dl'ing as we speak, full access right away. Though not allowed to post pics or stream.

Lucreto

I won't be able to play it for another week.

It's not out until Friday for me and it's Mothers Day next Sunday so no gaming next weekend.

Can someone answer me this. Are there Quarians in multiplayer?

Yup. Already got two lvl 12 strike teams and 20 boxes to open when the game unlocks tomorrow

I am about the same. I team will be will supplied.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
choke me daddy drack 💦💦👅😍

Super excited.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Started the game up just to create my character. Can't believe how limited and poor it is, is this going to be improved at all?

Majin Boo

I always played as Infiltrator in the many times I did the trilogy, so I picked it for ME:A and it's still as good, I can't wait to test more of the possible combinations cloaking with other abilities from different profiles !

Nice, that's great to hear! Is the slowmo still a thing or did they remove it entirely?

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm watching a stream and I'm really digging the ambient music alot. It sounds great. Really different vibe to ME 1 but great nonetheless.

Don't give shitposters any attention, guys, just report them and move on. Plenty of people here capable of talking like regular human beings.
Hot damn, I already unlocked that guy, too.

One thing I noticed in the MP is that shotguns did practically no damage for some reason, even on Bronze. I had to empty entirely​ clips into enemies before they died. Chalked it up to latency, but I'm not sure.

Amazon pre-order is 20% off if you have Amazon prime. I think it ships an origin code.

Amazon (prime) and Best Buy (GCU) will be $48+tax for the windows box version, you get an origin code on a piece of paper in a box, NO DISC (not even a holder for the disc in the box).

I'd however instead imo recommend getting an origin access trial ($5, may be free right now) then you get 10% off the MSRP plus more importantly you have 24 hours to request a refund if the game just doesn't click with you. Plus on PC you'll have 30 days free unlimited access to a bunch of games including Star Wars Battlefront, ME3 (and 1 & 2?), BF4, DA:I, Titanfall 1, Unravel, Mirrors Edge 1 & 2, and a bunch more.

If you aren't planning on playing day one you may wanna wait, EA has been pretty fast with discounts on PC games with Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, and Mirrors Edge 2 all getting pretty significant discounts in 30 and 60 days. Titanfall 2 for example was $22 last week at best buy, all platforms.

If you pre order at best buy right now (up until tomorrow) you get a free steel book with your pre order. You can pre order for in store pickup, the order is automatically cancelled if you don't pick up within 7 days. Thats what I've got right now, gonna wait for some reviews from people I trust (Angry Joe, Sterling, Boogie, etc) before I pickup or let it auto cancel. Right now there is just way too much noise to figure out if the game gets better after the trial (I have played 4 hours, didn't like) or not.

Patryn

Started the game up just to create my character. Can't believe how limited and poor it is, is this going to be improved at all?

It's apparently something they're looking at and hope to improve in future patches.

However, we have no idea if it can be improved (although I'd be willing to bet they do SOMETHING), what those improvements will look like or when they'll be rolled out.

ironcreed

Banned
The game is full of jank, but god damn if I'm not tempted to play it.
Decisions decisions.

Best price for the PC version where?

Yeah, I have been making gifs and laughing at the jank as well. But then I stopped to listen to the good impressions and watch a stream. The game looks great.

Lister

Banned
Disappointed by the writing early on.... but towards the end of my trial I started to see improvements while actually engaging my crew on the Tempest.

The UI so far is the biggest sin. Just really, really bad.

But the combat is super fun, and I think the exploration has got it's hooks on me.

Looking forward to it. Got it pre-ordered on Origin. Game can look gorgeous on PC Ultra at 21:9, the 60 FPs deinfitely helps combat even more.

royox

Nice OT OP!

I'm a HUGE ME fan and I already paid the game but something inside me is telling me "it's gonna be a bad idea to play this game JUST after Zelda".

Please have a good story and a mindblowing plot twist and I will forgive EVERYTHING.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I'll wait a bit for some price drops, DLCs and maybe some patches that'll fix up some animation weirdness. Otherwise I'm totally in. I just started playing the original Mass Effect 1 and I like it but regret picking the Soldier class. I wish I could do those cool charge move and all but Soldier was the recommended class for noobs to the series like me according to some googling. Gonna change up my character class in ME2 when I get there and do cool things with biotic or tech like this :)

Simo

One observation I liked from the trial, and reminded thanks to the great ME3 5 years later retrospective, is that every time I come back to the Tempest my crew are not in the same place and there's been a fair amount of "auto dialog".

Yeah, I have been making gifs and laughing at the jank as well. But then I stopped to listen to the good impressions and watch a stream. The game looks great.

Genuinely, more people who've laughed at the gifs should actually read some good impressions/watch gameplay - some animations are definitely janky and poorly-done but I'm incredibly excited about the vast majority of what I've seen. Doesn't excuse some poor animation, but things should be looked at holistically.

JoeBoy101

I have 0 idea whether to go for Scott or Sarah. Does anyone that's tried both out have any thoughts?

Check out the Ryder family thread here. You can make decent custom characters. Just even dicking around myself, I took one of the shoddy presets and made a good MC. Asian characters (M and F) seem to across better with the limited options so far.

felipepl said:
The fuck is this?

Seriously, just throw them on ignore. They thrive on attention.

ironcreed

Banned
Genuinely, more people who've laughed at the gifs should actually read some good impressions/watch gameplay - some animations are definitely janky and poorly-done but I'm incredibly excited about the vast majority of what I've seen. Doesn't excuse some poor animation, but things should be looked at holistically.

Yep. You can't close yourself off to just listening to and watching all of the bad. Which is being overblown to a ridiculous level. That became clear to me after caving and watching a live stream. This is absolutely a new Mass Effect and what I watched did nothing but make me want to play... like now.

Lakitu

st5fu
The planets in the Golden Worlds briefing trailer looked so amazing but I have yet to see them in any streams, I take it they aren't actually in the game?

Top Bottom