• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese PS3 goes live in less than 6 days....wheres the excitement/updates????

JGAFfers.....WHEERE ARE YOU????any new updates on 2ch net or whatever japanese forum that they post on??? theres GOTTA BE SOME new info/updates comin out.....the console is launchin there in less than 6 days FFS!

the silence is almost DEAFENING :lol

Acosta

We must reserve strenghts for the PS3ggeddon.

Probably I will get one, but I won´t be really excited until the system is in home, safe and working.

Shawn

Banned
I've never been more excited about the November 17, US PS3 launch.

I couldn't care less about the Japanese PS3 launch.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm excited about the Japanese launch now that one will hopefully be winging its way to me shortly thereafter. By the time it gets to me, though, it'll probably be after the US launch (Japan->Hong Kong->US->Europe). Best case scenario, if I got one of the first, would be it arriving by the 17th.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
frAntic_Frog said:
JGAFfers.....WHEERE ARE YOU????any new updates on 2ch net or whatever japanese forum that they post on??? theres GOTTA BE SOME new info/updates comin out.....the console is launchin there in less than 6 days FFS!

the silence is almost DEAFENING :lol

I think you are kinda dumb.

The Yodobashi Camera near me said they're expecting about 100 units, but as of yesterday--less than one week before the damn launch--they still have no pricing information.

And of course, they are not taking pre-orders.

pubba

Im hoping to walk into a gaming shop in Taiwan on the 17th and walk out with a brand new 60 gig PS3 for much less than the local release cost back home (Australia) - and 4 to 6 months earlier too!

I'm more excited for next weeks MC thread. And after that I will be excited for next months NPD thread. And then I'll wait for the EU launch. Eh. :I

januswon

i am not excited cause i was not able to order a ps3

the ps3 launch titles are also not my cup of coffee

it is just fine to me

about updates, here are some ps3 magazines on sale now or next week

Dengeki PS3 (on sale now)
Cover
http://www.mediaworks.co.jp/topics/061101_ps3/img/ps3_01.jpg
Link
http://www.mediaworks.co.jp/magazine/backno/dps_0371.php

Famitsu PS3 (on sale 2006.11.10)
Cover
http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/jp/p_pickup/2006/ps3_completeguide/cover.jpg
Link
http://www.enterbrain.co.jp/jp/p_pickup/2006/ps3_completeguide/

kojacker

I'm still looking forward to reading about the launches, but it's just not the same if you can't participate.

I am hoping for bloodshed and ownage on a massive scale.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Not really excited for the japan launch as I'm getting a NA ps3 in about 11 days. But I'm starting to feel the excitment for the nov 17th launch more and more as every day goes by. :D

Dahbomb

What is this?

03.jpg

Do these thingies come free with the Famitsu magazine?

Also underhanded move of putting the FFXIII games on the cover with the PS3 when we don't even know when they release... :lol It will definitely sell some extra copies though.

ps3_01.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
sp0rsk said:
Man Sony is crazy. Launching the ps3 on national pocky day.

Oh that is right.. it does launch 11/11

That is Pockyの日

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Bad_Boy said:
Not really excited for the japan launch as I'm getting a NA ps3 in about 11 days. But I'm starting to feel the excitment for the nov 17th launch more and more as every day goes by. :D

Actually, the best idea might be to get a japanese ps3. "But why sp0rsk?" You are probably asking yourself right now. I'll tell you why! If you look at the current XBox360 import situation you will notice most american games are totally region free. You will also notice that not a single japanese game is region free. So if you own a JP360 you get the best of both worlds! Sp0rsk thinks that this will be the case with ps3 as well, thus buying a jp ps3 is the best way to get your sony gaming on.

Troidal

11/11 is also my birthday!

Pocky, PlayStation3 all in the same day...you know what I want for presents right? :)

BOTH

Blackace

sp0rsk said:
Actually, the best idea might be to get a japanese ps3. "But why sp0rsk?" You are probably asking yourself right now. I'll tell you why! If you look at the current XBox360 import situation you will notice most american games are totally region free. You will also notice that not a single japanese game is region free. So if you own a JP360 you get the best of both worlds! Sp0rsk thinks that this will be the case with ps3 as well, thus buying a jp ps3 is the best way to get your sony gaming on.

Last I heard games were going to be region free... has that changed in the last month?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Not excited because I just don't expect to be able to get one on Saturday. I'm number seven on the list at my local shop and I should have around 65000 yen to use towards getting a system by the weekend, but I don't feel like trying to camp out overnight somewhere hoping that I MIGHT get one.

If the local shop doesn't get enough units, I'll just wait until they do. I don't expect the PS3 to be anything like the DS Lite, which even now continues to sell out at some places every week. I also think it's nuts that Japan is only getting 80,000 units now.

Bebpo

Banned
sp0rsk said:

Actually since it's region-free, the real reason why JPN PS3 >>>> US PS3 is that you can play JPN PS2/PS1 games and JPN PS2/PS1 games are >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> US PS2/PS1 games.

Even with a US PS3 I'm gonna need to have my PStwo hooked up for at least a few years.

Blackace

jamesinclair said:
Africa :lol

That game made my gf say "that's it we are buying the PS3!"

That's when I knew I had to marry her

Dahbomb

jamesinclair said:
Africa :lol
I love how Afrika is put above MGS4 with games like Gundam, GTHD, DMC4 and RR7 only getting a paltry mention (smaller text/font non-English). Afrika confirmed to be sleeper Japanese hit on the PS3. :lol

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Blackace said:
 Last I heard games were going to be region free... has that changed in the last month?

They are supposed to be but i think its up to the publisher.

consoul

Excitement has been cancelled, and replaced with depression that despite our best efforts, we're unlikely to get one on Saturday. I'll be lining up overnight for a big cup of PS3?LOLGTFO.

Blackace

sp0rsk said:
They are supposed to be but i think its up to the publisher.
I don't think they can lock them out like they can 360 games... I might be wrong. But that is how I heard it

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
oh man, i did some last minute wandering yesterday to see if anyone had suddenly changed their mind about preordering...

well, i guess i got to find out that the Wii preorders start this week, so i better make sure that if i do queue up i'm in the queue for a Ps3 not a wii preorder queue.

Tsutaya provided some unwelcome information. Their demo Ps3 unit has, unfortunately, shuffled off it's mortal coil after about a week of installation :/
RIP Tsutaya's demo unit. :/

Sofmap aki seem to be busy telling people that the reason they are having a lottery is because they are only getting *large intake of breath and huge pinch of "surely this is bullshit?" salt* ... 10 units...

i find that difficult to believe and we are talking guaranteed violence if that did come to pass.

Anyways, i'm now at the point where if i don't get a Ps3, i can wait - i've more than enough to keep me occupied (like trying to fathom out which HDTV to buy for a start... i'd be on a Bravia like flies at a shit convention, but the 'no 1080p via x360' quirk is offputting and NO WHERE stocks the high end samsungs... motherf.... costco today, can they save me?)

Annyways...

The excitement - it's here - in my pocket. I dip in and rub it once in a while, but i'm now at the point that i expect the whole launch day to be one massive mishandled ****up (watch as people queue up over night only to be greeted by some incomprehensible gaijin unfriendly lottery system the next morning!)

Troidal

Strange enough, I am not excited. Not because I can’t get one (hell, I got two pre-ordered!) but because there really isn’t a single game I am compelled to play. RR7? Dude, I still got RR6 on 360. Resistance? Dude, I got F.E.A.R. on 360. Yeah yeah, so I love my 360 at the moment.

I’ll tell you though, Sony’s marketing hype with all the demo/playable kiosks is working. There will be lots of people lining up to get their hands on this sucker come Saturday. I don't know how many conversations I've overheard in the train talking about either the PS3 or
DS

DCharlie

Strange enough, I am not excited. Not because I can’t get one (hell, I got two pre-ordered!) but because there really isn’t a single game I am compelled to play. RR7? Dude, I still got RR6 on 360. Resistance? Dude, I got F.E.A.R. on 360. Yeah yeah, so I love my 360 at the moment.

I’ll tell you though, Sony’s marketing hype with all the demo/playable kiosks is working. There will be lots of people lining up to get their hands on this sucker come Saturday. I don't know how many conversations I've overheard in the train talking about either the PS3 or DS.

yup - for Resistance (which was the one i was most interested in) i'm now just about to get hit with GoW, so that's dulling that a bit. I loved Ridge at TGS, but like you say, RR6 is still half done... and the other 4 games... well.... I'll probably buy them, but they'll be put down as "launch tax"

The wife has been on at me - she'll obviously get a PS3, but she's just like "why get one at launch? what is there that is so amazing that you just have to have one?"

and to be honest, i really can't answer that... I just want one because i... well... just want one. It's the new PS! it's just a natural reaction. :/

januswon

Dahbomb said:
What is this?

03.jpg

Do these thingies come free with the Famitsu magazine?

Also underhanded move of putting the FFXIII games on the cover with the PS3 when we don't even know when they release... :lol It will definitely sell some extra copies though.

ps3_01.jpg

yes, these 2 items come free with the Famitsu magazine

i like the mobile strap, but not the posters

Bebpo

Banned
Troidal said:

I’ll tell you though, Sony’s marketing hype with all the demo/playable kiosks is working. There will be lots of people lining up to get their hands on this sucker come Saturday. I don't know how many conversations I've overheard in the train talking about either the PS3 or
DS

I would not call F.E.A.R. a Resistance substitute by any means of the word :p

I pretty much just want the system for Resistance, Motorstorm, and to play all the nice Blu-ray stuff coming out in November (Black Hawk Down, KoH:Dir Cut, Brave Story). But that's enough to get me fairly excited about the system.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
DCharlie said:
and to be honest, i really can't answer that... I just want one because i... well... just want one. It's the new PS! it's just a natural reaction. :/

Pretty much how I feel... none of the launch titles are OMG I gotta have it... like you I just figure... why the hell not...

DCharlie

Pretty much how I feel... none of the launch titles are OMG I gotta have it... like you I just figure... why the hell not...

yup - i'm convinced the price isn't dropping for a good 18 months as well, regardless of what X360 does, and as VF5 would be a legit "well, now i have to get this machine" game (Motorstorm potentially also - looks to have shaped up very nicely ) , then that would just mean buying a machine in a few months anyways, so i might as well be dicking about with the online stuff etc...

Troidal

Bebpo said:
I would not call F.E.A.R. a Resistance substitute by any means of the word :p

*gasp* Those are bold words!

I played Resistance at E3 and really felt generic. I’ll give props to the graphics though. I have been waiting for F.E.A.R. in a long time, and I have enjoyed the slow-mo gunfights from little that I’ve played.

Resistance to me felt and looked like another Doom clone, but hey they can still prove me wrong. I am also playing Quake 4 right now so I think I have my monster-horror FPS dosage juuust fine ;-)

DCharlie

Resistance to me felt and looked like another Doom clone, but hey they can still prove me wrong. I am also playing Quake 4 right now so I think I have my monster-horror FPS dosage juuust fine ;-)

+ gears of war ... possibly tomorrow?

Top Bottom