• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jenga coming to Wii

I got my appointments with Atari for the E3 and there is a new (?) game listed: Jenga (Wii)

yeah, the classic game of wooden blocks:

106040179320070619171831.jpg

http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=ps_results&product_id=18125

Hmmm how many Wiimotes we will need to play that? :lol

Branduil

If this is online, and can be bought on the downloadable games thing they're going to reveal for Wii, then it could be a neat idea.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I am going to be so lynched for this but still, Jenga, Online, would be so awesome.

*runs*

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Are you f*cking kidding me...?!

10 dollars tops or this is a waste of life.

C4Lukins

If it is a downloadable game, then it maybe makes sense. Otherwise, God help us all. Even then throw in some Hungry Hungry Hippos and Operation. Maybe that game with the marbles and the toothpicks. Don't Break the Ice, and Don't Spill the Beans are other classics from this genre of games.

wtf?

Seriously . . . WTF?!?!?

Isn't it cheaper, better, and more real to use real wooden blocks than to create some elaborate virtual representation of wooden blocks?

$10.99 for the real thing or $49.99 for virtual representation. WTF?!?!?!

Please tell me this is a joke.

Busty

Banned
Considering that the OP suggests that they appear to be licencing the name Jenga from Hasbro there is very little chance of this not being a retail release. Though to be fair it may be part of a larger compilation of licenced HASBRO games.

My first thought was that this could be good fun it they utilised HAVOC Physics and had a Burnout style slo-mo collapse of all the blocks, but are they really going to bother with any of that for the Wii?

speculawyer said:
wtf?

Seriously . . . WTF?!?!?

Isn't it cheaper, better, and more real to use real wooden blocks than to create some elaborate virtual representation of wooden blocks?

You do know that a lot of people prefer their virtual life than their actual real life :lol
In fact, i'm sad for them :(
there's a lot of people concerned in GAF IMO

At least we can't say that it's a non-game :lol

Jirotrom

Branduil said:
If this is online, and can be bought on the downloadable games thing they're going to reveal for Wii, then it could be a neat idea.
I definitely would be best as an online game for sure, I can only imagine how frustrating this could be.

hyp

i don't see how this will work considering how the flaky the wiimote is sometimes. unless they allow for a lot of movement, this game could be a disaster.

Nintaiyo

I suppose you'd just try to move the Wiimote backward as smoothly and evenly as possible, cut come on, this is stupid. Why not just buy the actual thing. Unless it's online, so that you could play Jenga with people not in the same room, it's pointless. Why you would want to play Jenga online is beyond me though.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
this sounds amazing

the worst part about Jenga was the cleanup.

with that solved, there's no fear of losing!

fernoca

speculawyer said:
wtf?

Seriously . . . WTF?!?!?

Well, the same can be said about UNO..and it still rocks.
At the moment we don't know the price..so is hard to tell...

And unless they add some serious stuff to it or make it part of a compilation of board games, I doubt they are going to charge $49.99.

So yeah, is probably part of the 'Wii Wares' download program whatever it is..

White Man

Has a version of Irritating Stick been announced for the Wii? I can't think of a more appropriate almost game for the system.

mrpogi23

ummm... is there really a point making a videogame out of it????

i mean come on.... the real physical jenga is more than enough fun and you can actual feel real blocks...

mollipen

You know what would be badass?!?

You buy like 40 ~ 50 Wiimotes, and then stack them like you stack the Jenga blocks, and as you remove each Wiimote from the stack, in real time the fully rendered, light-shaded, bump-mapped 3D virtual blocks on the screen remove themself from the stack in the exact same way!

speculawyer said:
wtf?

Seriously . . . WTF?!?!?

Not to mention the physics of the real thing, I doubt the Wii has enough power to truly mimic real life Jenga.

Alx

Maybe it could offer a different gameplay with non-realistic rules, like... blocks that could vanish ? or stick to each other ? maybe a combo system like in some tetris-likes...
Anyway it's only interesting if the video game allows you to do things impossible in real life.

Threi

notag
InterMoniker said:
Not to mention the physics of the real thing, I doubt the Wii has enough power to truly mimic real life Jenga.

wtf...i will assume you meant unable to render enough blocks at an acceptable framerate...and i will call BS on that also.

Top Bottom