• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SykoTech

Finally, a new Opening. Was getting pretty sick of the old one. But I didn't really like the song. The Ending's song was better. However, the animation was good.

Pointless episode though. And judging by the preview, I guess we'll be in recap territory for awhile. Not sure if that's better or worse than original filler.

Didnt like the OP song too much, the new ED song and animation was great (didnt need to see Sakura and Hinata in spring/summer dresses though...)

Episode was pretty epic and nostalgic. Sasuke's smirk, Naruto getting agitated over it, and then the "Are you hurt, Scaredy cat" moment was so awesome to see. Part 1 soundtrack is so much better than Shippudens.
tumblr_m20hmlNtx11r5ebkjo1_500.gif

What was even the justification for never even telling Naruto who his parents were, made Sarutobi sensei seem kind of bad.

Were scenes also redone, the bell fight looked more epic than I remember.

Finally, a new Opening. Was getting pretty sick of the old one. But I didn't really like the song. The Ending's song was better. However, the animation was good.

Pointless episode though. And judging by the preview, I guess we'll be in recap territory for awhile. Not sure if that's better or worse than original filler.

Funny how the cannon episode always get into flashback/recap and Naruto also have filler episodes for those as well.

I still don't really get why the 3rd Hokage couldn't just say "Your parents were awesome as anything, they died saving you from unspeakable danger." It doesn't really give any clues away about anything but would maybe make him feel better.

Instead Naruto gets: "Fuck you, who gives a shit?" *walks away*

Didnt like the OP song too much, the new ED song and animation was great (didnt need to see Sakura and Hinata in spring/summer dresses though...)

Episode was pretty epic and nostalgic. Sasuke's smirk, Naruto getting agitated over it, and then the "Are you hurt, Scaredy cat" moment was so awesome to see. Part 1 soundtrack is so much better than Shippudens.
tumblr_m20hmlNtx11r5ebkjo1_500.gif

What was even the justification for never even telling Naruto who his parents were, made Sarutobi sensei seem kind of bad.

Were scenes also redone, the bell fight looked more epic than I remember.

His "Yo!" face was better lol..

Can't wait for next week since I haven't been keeping up with the fillers. Is Rock Lee's show pretty good?

I guess it depends on if you like his team and seeing Neji in hilarious situations? I think its alright but my main criticism with it is that Naruto is barely around, so well without the franchises namesake or even my other favorite side characters the skits have to be utterly hilarious for me to embrace it.

Definitely check it out, I think its great for naruto fans.

I guess it depends on if you like his team and seeing Neji in hilarious situations? I think its alright but my main criticism with it is that Naruto is barely around, so well without the franchises namesake or even my other favorite side characters the skits have to be utterly hilarious for me to embrace it.

Definitely check it out, I think its great for naruto fans.

Cool, Ill give it a spin. Thanks for the input :^)

Tritroid

They did a horrible job with this 'retelling'.

No kidding...this is shit. Animation is god awful.

Why even bother wasting money/time/resources on this? If filler is necessary just create a new branch off story like always. Sure people will still skip it, but there's always the chance for a semi-entertaining side story. This shit no one gives a damn about since the original telling of these scenes were animated better and flowed a lot smoother.

Thank god it's over next week.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't think their animation budget necessarily works the way you might imagine. I think they just spend the money on each episode regardless of whether it's any good or not or whether its shit filler or not.

Khezu

I don't understand japanese TV, is there some reason anime can't take a season off, or god forbid show some reruns?

Making a whole bunch of low budget filler episodes that no one likes just seems like a waste to me.

I don't understand japanese TV, is there some reason anime can't take a season off, or god forbid show some reruns?

Making a whole bunch of low budget filler episodes that no one likes just seems like a waste to me.

Did they really make these episodes though? I thought it was a nice refresher. I dont mind either way if anime on manga takes a season or so off (like Bakuman and a few others) or does half a year of filler and half of year of canon. As long as its being made (unlike Bleach) then Im happy, heaven forbid when they stop airing...

DanteFox

just saw the latest canon episode. I like how Hidan was missing from the lineup of ressurected akatsuki. :3

Nice touch.

Naruto Shippuden OVA: Naruto v Konohamaru

It was essentially one of the Naruto scenarios I wanted to come true. My two favorite current shinobi of the hidden leaf facing off.
Konohamaru is like a more versatile clone of Naruto that just seem them around always leads to great moments, even more the fight was epic with all those clones and rasengans and jutsu konohamaru used

Maffis

Anyone seen Blood Prison yet? How is it?

Thought it was pretty meh. Not bad but not special either.

The story was the usual cliche, and half the movie was the final fight basically. Also other stupid stuff that annoyed me
Why did Naruto have weapons on him when he escaped? Wouldn't the guards have seized it when he entered the prison?

Also, the ending
Why didn't they destroy the box in the end? Now countless of people are still trapped in there suffering... And what happened there with Muku? Did the monster possess him again and made him kill his father? I don't really understood that part.

I just watched the latest Naruto movie blood prison. The timeline with it and the main show makes no sense which is why I view Anime movies in their own vacume. I liked the fighting overall because of sage mode,but
the scene where where naruto is stabbed in the chest and is fine enough to jump arounduse a rasenshurkien bugs me

neptunes

XYRpX.jpg

This was one of the first games that I owned. I never really beat it because it was too hard when I was a kid. I wonder how I would fare now?

I remember being dissapointed that it wasn't like one of the snes bombermans with multiplayer.
I love the bomberman arc.

Episode 262
tumblr_m3t65xJIi71rqxf4bo1_500.gif

Pretty nice episode, took awhile to actually get going but once it did it was worth it. Deidara Sasori ftw. Kaiji is a cool addition, and Omoi has cool swordskills. Do hate how the preview spoils one of the fights conclusion.

That ep was pretty hot! Earth guy surprised me a bit. When I saw his little shallow holes he dug, I was thinking to myself, "Who is this crappy ditch digging no jutsu guy and why was he chosen to go to war?". I'll give him his respect now. My bad dude lol
Episode 262
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3t65xJIi71rqxf4bo1_500.gif

Pretty nice episode, took awhile to actually get going but once it did it was worth it. Deidara Sasori ftw. Kaiji is a cool addition, and Omoi has cool swordskills. Do hate how the preview spoils one of the fights conclusion.

I never watch the previews in this show. They always spoil something lol

tumblr_m46rlehdGT1r90a6io1_500.gif

I didnt really like much of the episode that much. I think Kishimoto really dropped the ball on this fight
so anticlimactic with Sasori :( He could have redeemed himself. Oh well theres still Deidara.
Sai stuff was boring.

I enjoyed it, but I will say this...I'm not so sure how I feel about the whole spirit/soul thing breaking the Reanimation Jutsu. Not the way it was handled anyway. That was just...not good? Yeah, it wasn't good. Not terrible by any means, just mediocre. Everything else was enjoyable for me, but I do agree that it could have been better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom