• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Weird new dungeon debuting in JP next week, it's like a one-shot challenge dungeon except themed around a new worldsnek variant

Final floor is no skyfall/capped 8 second move time and has a very unique fixed team
ss01.jpg

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Is D.athena even that strong? I don't see what the big deal is. She seems like a dark Balbartemis.

Aesnath

Weird new dungeon debuting in JP next week, it's like a one-shot challenge dungeon except themed around a new worldsnek variant

Final floor is no skyfall/capped 8 second move time and has a very unique fixed team

Well, that's going to be strange. No way to deal damage except to combo your ass off. and like 700 hp and attack total. I guess you heal to full on three hearts, so that's something. What an odd choice.

Is D.athena even that strong? I don't see what the big deal is. She seems like a dark Balbartemis.

Yeah, her multipliers aren't groundbreaking, but my understanding is that she is very consistent and generally easier to play than similarly powerful leads. D. Athena herself is also pretty nice with a very cool active, great attack, three TPA, a bunch of skill boosts, and unbindability. Notably, balboa/artemis is bindable (at least on the artemis side, possibly on the balboa side).

I also think one big issue is her ability to capitalize on the current 7c awakening craze. She was up there on the JP tier lists for a while, but then she pulled ahead of the pack when it became clear that she could really abuse the awakening with R. Haku, Sima Yi, and R. Loki. On the other hand, part of this is just that 7c is shaking everything up, as some lists have moved R. Kush over her (probably due to being even more 7c awakening friendly).

Really, it just seems that the current JP lists are all about who runs R. Haku the best, more than anything else.

I'll admit, I don't quite get why she is being heralded as the second coming, but I get why she is very good.

Bladelaw

She is, except with 3 TPA, a bonkers attack, the ability to use the most broken sub in the game, unbindable (for both leads), 3 SB, and a more useful active.

The gameplay is largely the same but consistency goes through the roof.

Yeah, but it makes more sense to have that godfest when people know they will be getting her soon. Right now, it is just speculation.
They should have announced her imminent debut before that GF hit and failing to do so was very unwise IMO both from a business and community relations perspective.

Being in the games industry I've been able to attend company seminars that talked about the science and behavior involved in micro transactions. People who have IAPed in the past are more likely to IAP again and obviously they are likely to spend more if they are made to feel good about their decision beyond the good feelings that come from spending by default.

I spent $60 last GF and got another Haku, which was worth it on its own. However, if I knew DAth was coming there's a good chance I would have IAPed for my alt account as well to try for a Loki or its second Haku, knowing it could sell the other rolls to get up to 750k for coop DAth. I doubt I'm the only IAP player in this situation.

Basically, most people won't spend money on micro transactions but those that do will enjoy it and are likely to do it repeatedly. All they need is a reason to justify it to themselves and they really want justifications because it makes it easy to feel good about the decision. DAth subs are the best reason to IAP right now given the hype and they missed the perfect opportunity to make people crack their wallets more so than usual.

Negator

You know what, I might have IAPed on my alt since it already has two Haku, but since I didnt know she was coming, I didnt bother.

It's weird that there is no indicator that the super carnival is active.

I made a yolo roll and got a dupe Shaitan, that's it for me.
If you tap Details it shows you what is active. GH's FB announce says, "To sweeten the pot, the featured monsters will appear at level 30!" as if levels really mean anything anymore with all the globes and metal dragons flying around. I guess it's to entice new players?

2 rolls
GrimRock - Fuck off
Ars Nova - meh

Jagernaut

If you tap Details it shows you what is active. GH's FB announce says, "To sweeten the pot, the featured monsters will appear at level 30!" as if levels really mean anything anymore with all the globes and metal dragons flying around. I guess it's to entice new players?

2 rolls
GrimRock - Fuck off
Ars Nova - meh

There is usually a small banner that says x carnival above the rare egg machine button, just like the current evo carnival banner above the pal egg machine button.

Quantum

yolo:

crap on main (ruka)

sheen on alt - dont really run time extend teams so while its a hit in the right group its not beneficial to my game at this time

Negator

Antonio just joined the PAD Reddit discord and confirmed no Dath will appear. So if you were holding that torch its time to drop it.

Aesnath

Antonio just joined the PAD Reddit discord and confirmed no Dath will appear. So if you were holding that torch its time to drop it.

Like ever, or just not this stream?

Either way...poor Antonio. I'm not really a fan of him, but that is a thankless job.

Quantum

If they never release her that might be enough to drive me away. I could never support a company so dumb and still respect myself. Hopefully, they'll get smart eventually.

at this point its all about voting with your wallet.

The heroines got me playing for awhile, but i'm back to not using much of my stamina, If dath doesn't come I hope something better is released as almost all of the recent buffs and inherents have done nothing to change how I play or fuel my desire to farm the same dungeons I've farmed for years.

Personally I don't really get the feeling that Antonio has his pulse on major game decisions, he is like an actor hired to sell and the streams still don't generate that many concurrent viewers given the supposed number of US players.

regardless I'm afk for most of the evening (dinner/drinks); wouldn't watch the stream if I didn't have plans given how little information they have provided in the past.

not going to drive me away, but the game evolving into something else on my phone rather than the reason to have my phone at certain times.

Bladelaw

I'm glad they got out in front of it but I wish they were less cryptic and just flat out stated "no dark Athena on stream."

I'll still watch because I actually enjoy the show they put on.

b33r

VOOOOOLLLLTTTTTRRRROOOONNNNN!

New Markab system lead!

A couple really nice actives to inherit but the cards themselves are ok.

I was only kinda paying attention, but the silvers have some good inheritance actives. As far as leaders, the big one looks like a fire Aizen, but with hp instead of rcv. We know how that turned out with awoken Ichigo vs Meri.

Bladelaw

I was only kinda paying attention, but the silvers have some good inheritance actives. As far as leaders, the big one looks like a fire Aizen, but with hp instead of rcv. We know how that turned out with awoken Ichigo vs Meri.
Yep. I'm still rolling because I like the property. Voltron leading elgenubi and Markab sounds dumb and awesome. I'll need to inherit something like Ceres just for the heal though.

MightyKAC

VOOOOOLLLLTTTTTRRRROOOONNNNN!

New Markab system lead!

A couple really nice actives to inherit but the cards themselves are ok.

Agreed.

And here I a am with 100 stones saved up like a crazy person in anticipation for some super strong Votron cards :p

Oh well, at least Allura and Voltron himself look pretty cool.

W-00

What was Voltron's per-cross multiplier again? 3x? Did it have an attack multiplier besides that?

On the stream they suggested that Elgenubi would be a good Voltron sub, but I'm thinking that once she gets her ult (and RCV multiplier) she might actually be a better partner than sub. She's a 5o1e lead, so crosses work for her as well. You lose some HP and a considerable amount of ATK (if going for two crosses), but you actually have a shot of healing up from gravities.

Sure, 1.5x RCV isn't great, but it's better than nothing.

EDIT: Okay, 2x by default and 3.5 per cross. So with a single cross, dual Voltron leads would be 49x attack, while Voltron and Elgenubi would be 42x. With two crosses, Elgenubi of course loses, but how often are you gong to be making two crosses?

b33r

Yep. I'm still rolling because I like the property. Voltron leading elgenubi and Markab sounds dumb and awesome. I'll need to inherit something like Ceres just for the heal though.

Whatever happened to that awoken Ichigo paired with the other collab card, I forget which one, but it was basically an rcv version. Did we not get it yet?

Spoit

Whatever happened to that awoken Ichigo paired with the other collab card, I forget which one, but it was basically an rcv version. Did we not get it yet?

The row one? Wasn't that the not-aizen cross guy from the ruroni kenshin collab?

If so, no we haven't gotten it yet. I'm impaitently waiting, since that will allow me to finally move on from my awoken panda team

W-00

Well, Azazel is just stupid-easy to farm if you have ALB and Grodin (so glad I finally pulled a Grodin!). And since his dungeon drops Lumiel's skill-up fodder and my alt just got one, I guess I know what I'll be farming for most of the next day.

And I suppose Azazel's skill could be useful sometime. Not on any team I run right now, but maybe in the future.

b33r

The row one? Wasn't that the not-aizen cross guy from the ruroni kenshin collab?

If so, no we haven't gotten it yet. I'm impaitently waiting, since that will allow me to finally move on from my awoken panda team

Yeah he had rcv to match Ichigo hp, want to really try that team.

And yes, the new dungeon is easy, Aizen got me my stones, but many leads can kill it.

Jagernaut

Well, Azazel is just stupid-easy to farm if you have ALB and Grodin (so glad I finally pulled a Grodin!). And since his dungeon drops Lumiel's skill-up fodder and my alt just got one, I guess I know what I'll be farming for most of the next day.

And I suppose Azazel's skill could be useful sometime. Not on any team I run right now, but maybe in the future.

Azazel looks like a good inherit for sdr protection. Only need to invest 3 Tamadras, no xp or evolution needed​. And 31 turns unskilled means you don't have to worry about accidentally charging it.

yeah azazel is the default SDR-equivalent in a lot of JP farm setups I see (i.e. the ALB discord teams)

anyway at work I just got annoyed with MHera and 3-stoned it with Myr (solo). Frustrating dungeon. I haven't checked super close but I don't think any of her mats are exclusively found in her dungeon, so if 0-stam normals really are next week then I can basically free-farm the rest of my YomiDra mats.

I wish there were a Dark-resist cheese setup -- Revo Hades is actually kind of fun and easy and I have a lot of great dark TPA subs due to D.Athena anxiety.

W-00

Just going to save for the next Godfest then

Speaking of the next Godfest, I hope we find out what will be in it before the Super Carnival ends. This week's free stones have me feeling like I could roll again, but only once, so I want to go with the better option.

W-00

I might roll once or twice for an orb unlocker, they are silver and a good inherit.

I expect most active players will roll at least once. Those free Rank 50 pulls, after all.

If we basically look at this collab as GungHo NA giving us a free orb-unlocker, it really isn't that bad. It just sucks that they aren't including an equivalent for the dark-Fujin guy.

Anyone up for C9 with ALB?

What's the build for C9?

I'm looking on the ALB server and I think I have most of what the teams floated around are asking for (max-skill orochi, Grodin) but I don't have Vaan and my Leeza is as-of-yet untouched, although I could dump a few Pys into her if I knew the SB situation.

Jagernaut

What's the build for C9?

I'm looking on the ALB server and I think I have most of what the teams floated around are asking for (max-skill orochi, Grodin) but I don't have Vaan and my Leeza is as-of-yet untouched, although I could dump a few Pys into her if I knew the SB situation.

I found this on discord:

A:Alb(grodin)/dios/dios/leeza(orochi)/chester(australius)
B:Alb (vaan)/dios/dios/dios/leeza(diaochan)
F1: A:4c then B:7c
F2: A:dios
F3: B:alb(grodin) + dios
F4: A:chester(aus)
F5: B:dios
F6: A:leeza(orochi)+dios then ping then ping
F7: B: leeza(diaochan)+dios+alb(vaan) 7c

I can bring Maeda instead of Diaochan and Kaoru instead​ of Vaan. I can do either side.

hm.

If A:Alb(vaan)/dios/dios/leeza(orochi)/chester(australius)
B:Alb (grodin)/dios/dios/dios/leeza(maeda)

works then I could do team b.

edit: wait, I just looked at the dungeon, there is no way I will be able to 7c without TE help, sorry :(

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I can't get over how bad the Voltron REM cards are. This could have been the type of event REM I wouldn't have felt bad pulling a few times from just for the novelty of having cards from one of my favorite cartoons as a kid but every one of those cards is totally worthless outside the 6 star which ain't even that good itself.

This Voltron collab is really underwhelming, though not unexpected. There's no way JP will let this collab have any meta changing cards; otherwise, JP players will totally flip out. Yes, the cards are reskins, but they couldn't even throw a bone and include the good cards from the Crows collab. It just shows that NA never really had final say in this despite being an "exclusive" collab.

LiQuid!

The art for Voltron itself is even sucky. Why is it so fuckin small?? Is it supposed to be like actual toy sized?

jiggle

Voltron is like big neon sign that says "poverty server" lol

Although being on it paid off for once
0 stamina coming after all the recent reincarnated evo is nice

Time to max level all your monsters!

Top Bottom