• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

tumblr_nfsnew5gou1s6n33uo2_1280.gif

THAT RAGE :lol:

Wait why is it Yellow? Rasengan 2.0?

Sai

Wait why is it Yellow? Rasengan 2.0?
It has been commonly depicted as yellow in the manga. The only exceptions have come from a select few Shōnen Jump covers, and the Fūton: Rasenshuriken(once, the Rasenshuriken was colored orange, as Naruto was using the Kyūbi's chakra).

I always thought it looked weird for Naruto's Rasengan to be colored blue in the anime, especially when he got Kyūbi Chakra Mode. The Rasenshuriken makes sense as blue, because of the Seishitsu Henka to wind.

Sharpeye

So what direction do you guys think the anime should take when they reach the end of the manga.

A) Continuing straight after the war and focus on everyone rebuilding and what the characters like Sasuke or Orochimaru are up to.

B)Right after the Last and have a focus on the couples but mostly on Naruhina(Starting a family, Hyuga clan) and sasusuka(This needs a lot more development) and perhaps introduce new villains seeing how it's a decade long gab.

C) Or just focus on the new generation and have it basically be Chunnin exams redux but have it in a more lightheated comedic tone.

Fj0823

So what direction do you guys think the anime should take when they reach the end of the manga.

A) Continuing straight after the war and focus on everyone rebuilding and what the characters like Sasuke or Orochimaru are up to.

B)Right after the Last and have a focus on the couples but mostly on Naruhina(Starting a family, Hyuga clan) and sasusuka(This needs a lot more development) and perhaps introduce new villains seeing how it's a decade long gab.

C) Or just focus on the new generation and have it basically be Chunnin exams redux but have it in a more lightheated comedic tone.

It will be a mix of A and B

Hinata being Narutos GF will be used as a excuse to give her more screen time and dialogue . And that also leads to the inevitable "I'm mad at him/her" filler episode and many other similar bs.

However only this kind of arcs would be boring so they'll mix it up with enemies and a focus on the support cast, maybe even leading to the pairings. With the entire arc making the relationship believable.

Kinda like the fillers we got each time someone needed even more death flags

Sai

It's supposed to be "Bolt". Homage to the deceased Neji, whose name meant screw. A bolt's a type of screw, which the kid also happens to have on the necklace he's wearing in Chapter 700.

With Japanese "engrish" it's pronounced "Boruto", which some take as homage to both Neji and Naruto. Maybe Kishimoto was going for that, but when it comes to characters and techniques that are clearly being spelled in english—like Guy, Pain, A, C, J and Killer B—I'm going to spell, and pronounce them that way.

If you want official word on the matter, until we get another Data/Fan Book the closest you're going to get is Viz, and they're saying Bolt... But then again, they still say "Killer Bee" too, if I remember correctly, despite the obvious naming trend for that village's prominent figures.

And while we're on the subject, they decided on "Sarada" for Sasuke's kid. It could be the engrish for salad, or it could relate to autumn in a way similar to how Sakura's name relates to spring.

Turok_TTZ

Thinking about Sakura and Karin, neither of which were of Kishi designs to begin with... I wonder how many other characters that kishi didn't originally come up with?

The only ones I'm aware of that were of Kishi's Design who were not pushed on by editors were Naruto, Hinata, Hiruzen, Ramen guy Teuchi.

Furyous

Does Kakashi marry Shizune? I refuse to believe the elders in the leaf village allowed Kakkashi to avoid marriage and not leave behind an heir. Kishi needs to explain this.

Turok_TTZ

Does Kakashi marry Shizune? I refuse to believe the elders in the leaf village allowed Kakkashi to avoid marriage and not leave behind an heir. Kishi needs to explain this.

That never happened, have you not read the last chapter in the manga?
Kishi is a funny guy though. apparently he was asked a question recently about that and he was all like: "oh, i could get kakashi to settle down with someone, its not a problem" or something along those lines. dont recall it very well. Kishi at his finest :lol:

interesting:

Kishimoto-sensei responds that after all of the things Sasuke has done, it would be tough to live in the village like everybody else so he went on a journey of atonement. Further, in Kishimoto-sensei’s mind, Sasuke has gone out into the world to find the answers to all of the unanswered questions. For example, who and what was Kaguya exactly? Sasuke wants to find out how her plan for revival was executed the first time around so it could be avoided in the future. In order to unnecessarily avoid lengthening the manga, however, Kishimoto-sensei decided to skip writing about it and he has no plans to continue that storyline.

also interesting:

While the manga was geared toward friendship, the theme in The Last: Naruto the Movie will be about love. Kishimoto-sensei explains the idea was originally from the anime producers. He himself was unable to write about love in the manga, it was something he avoided due to feelings of embarrassment, so he felt this could go well as a movie theme to further show Naruto’s growth.

Frog-fu

Banned
So the dude didn't write it himself. That explains the massive pandering towards Hinata then.

Anyone denying SP bias towards Hinata at this point is full of it.

Welfare

So the dude didn't write it himself. That explains the massive pandering towards Hinata then.

Anyone denying SP bias towards Hinata at this point is full of it.

Lol, the idea of a love story was SP, not NaruHina. Kishi even said he couldn't write about love, so he had someone else do it.

That was a reach and you know it.

Frog-fu

Banned
Lol, the idea of a love story was SP, not NaruHina. Kishi even said he couldn't write about love, so he had someone else do it.

That was a reach and you know it.

If the spoilers are to be believed, this movie is pretty much all about Hinata for the most part. She wasn't even that significant of a minor character in the manga, and yet she's overshadowing the vast majority of characters that actually had relevance.

Kishimoto was a glorified consultant. SP are the ones that actually wrote the movie, hence why it's not surprising because their bias has been obvious for years.

If the spoilers are to be believed, this movie is pretty much all about Hinata for the most part. She wasn't even that significant of a minor character in the manga, and yet she's overshadowing the vast majority of characters that actually had relevance.

...Because she's married to Naruto, maybe?

Frog-fu

Banned
...Because she's married to Naruto, maybe?

Like that's a good reason to dedicate an entire movie to a character that appeared in little over 2% of the manga.

Never mind the fact it should've been written in the manga, the movie could have just as easily developed the romance in the background as a subplot without revolving around it.

Frog-fu

Banned
A grown ass man "embarrassed" to write about his characters falling in love...

lol, and people genuinely believe this whole "first true love" nonsense was Kishimoto's idea.

This has SP written all over it.

Most of the movies are geared to characters that are hardly in the manga.

They are featured, but they aren't propped up to overshadow the majority of the relevant cast unless they're a movie-only character.

Turok_TTZ

that interview is old. Saiyan island sure took their time to translate that one.

the anime staff asked him if he wanted to get involved when they have finished their first rough draft and kishi said yes after he was told the theme would be love.

kishi ended up red penciling most of the script to his liking. may have well just written it himself.
also, to those who have missed it ill post kishi comments of when he attended the prescreening.

courtesy of NF's darkhope:
Darkhope said:
“I see Naruto and Hinata as if they were my children. So I wondered if I felt too embarrassing to see the last scene which they kiss. But I finally could see it. I feel wistful as if my children had grown up and left a nest. I think I won’t draw them so much anymore, but I’m relieved and happy that they finally settle down.

Also some actors told him about Saiino and Kakashi’s marriage. He said,

- “I just imagine Saiino isn’t as refreshing as Naruhina. Their relationship is more complicated like a soap opera. I don’t think about it in detail, though.”

- I’ll make Kakashi’s wife if you want, but there’s not any suitable person lol I don’t care if he will get married or not.”
lol kishi on kakashi's status.

edit: scrounging around as iirc, kishi credited as the story writer for the movie. I think SP gave him the idea which was the theme of love and kishi helped write the story along with his excessive red penciling. Kishi really should have just grown a pair and write the whole thing himself after his confession of his red penciling and subsequent apologizing to SP staff for it.

"脚本の結構な直しもーまあちょっとうるさかったと思うんですけど
I made them rewrite the script many times. Well they must have thought I was annoying."

lol kishi.

interesting:

also interesting:

New thread HYPE!!!

We better get a look into Sasuke's travelling adventures and his relationship with Sakura....they are the two most important characters after Naruto in the manga so it would be nice.

Also, my hype for The Last has gone considerably down since apparently its not a 699.5 but just a NaruHina love story. Hopefully the anime acts as a 699.5.

Jigolo

Wow I'm gone for a few weeks and we're on OT2, lol. Damn the animation from the movie looks ace, I can't wait.

EDIT: Fucking hell. You guys are still going on about the love shit. Let it go already

Kishi said himself that he made them rewrite the script multiple times and edited some stuff before he was satisfied

there was a interview last week stating this on NF.... Also SP on multiple occasions tease both pairings more so NaruSaku so the fact that you claim that they have some agenda is silly.... Frog just let it go and accept it

GOODNESS MAN

Frog-fu

Banned
Kishimoto probably only had them rework shit that actually mattered, e.g. the Ōtsutsuki clan and whatnot. By his own admission, he's not big on writing romance.

I've never read this manga or seen the anime, but I kind of want to now.
Code:
[IMG]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/317/b/5/kinniku_suguru_and_uzumaki_naruto_parallels_by_vergilx-d86a1s7.jpg[/IMG]

Turok_TTZ

Yeah Kishi is big on Kinnikuman and Dragon ball. you can tell very easily how those two influenced him.

he even admitted he wanted to do a timeskip like dragonball except for the ending.

In any case. I reckon Kishi done well all things considered as far as the last movie.
Can't wait to see it when it is released.

also apparently according to Takl:
Sasuke helps Hiashi... lol protecting the master eugenicist?

now the bigger question which is also going on in NF related to the movie concerning Hinata: How strong is Hinata now that she
has acquired Hamura's chakra?
bigger question is how strong was hamura in the first place?

Fj0823

"I rewrote the script countless times until I liked it, the staff must think of me as a monster"

Yep, sounds like the studio forced him to write the pairing guys, move on, NaruHina was never meant to be.

/s

Frog-fu

Banned
Legitimately hilarious.
Code:
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/3c50d8e40c8ecfa1eb756055276b6a88/tumblr_nft9j3bVzC1tddoueo1_1280.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://38.media.tumblr.com/25e99013aed579832a20c32ebc1d2041/tumblr_nft9j3bVzC1tddoueo2_1280.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://33.media.tumblr.com/fefa0c2ab93a0637a1b7de683392abf9/tumblr_nft9j3bVzC1tddoueo3_1280.jpg[/IMG]

Found another lol
sasuke going to ninja court to be sentenced for all the betrayals and attempts to ruin konoha

wearing a really big t shirt that has ICHIRAKU’S #1 CUSTOMER written on it from naruto and pink sweatpants that only go to his calfs that say L O V E across the butt from sakura because they didnt want him to look stupid in his v neck and purple diaper outfit
Code:
[IMG]http://media.tumblr.com/44e7dd39d60a289a131721355b9d5969/tumblr_inline_myp1xhyCbs1r1avvj.png[/IMG]

Zonar

Who is this?
Naruto%2Bending%2B269.jpg

He appeared on the twenty-second ending on Naruto: Shippūden. It began with episode 269 and ended with episode 281. Can anyone help me?

Who is this?
Naruto%2Bending%2B269.jpg

He appeared on the twenty-second ending on Naruto: Shippūden. It began with episode 269 and ended with episode 281. Can anyone help me?

I believe he was the artist of the song
He isn't black in real life but I guess he made his persona that

We've been given a second chance at life? Wonder how the thread's going so far, I mean obviously we'll have taken the lesson to heart and moved on from shipping, right?

Jim-Halpert-Shrug-and-Leave-The-Office.gif

Who am I kidding, I'll be back no matter what lol
Let's just keep it civil and not degenerate into insults again

Frog-fu

Banned
Of all the crack ships out, SasuHina tends to have the best and most elaborate fan offerings. These two haven't exchanged a single word in any canon material but I suppose it could've been potentially interesting to see what Sasuke thought of the Hyūga and what impressions he got from Hinata.
Code:
[IMG]http://38.media.tumblr.com/bfcdf353ded0ac06c68abdca953772b7/tumblr_nftvv94R0i1rgq5aqo1_500.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://38.media.tumblr.com/0ab4734c5c4dade9a3f6a80736e3cf8f/tumblr_nftvv94R0i1rgq5aqo2_1280.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://38.media.tumblr.com/03a2374c2c75e1281a47068e1a5e8ada/tumblr_nftvv94R0i1rgq5aqo3_1280.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://33.media.tumblr.com/9267b26c4a49288a9c364c96c3965f0e/tumblr_nftvv94R0i1rgq5aqo4_1280.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://38.media.tumblr.com/a8a315d23c33424595adb8a158c9588b/tumblr_nftvv94R0i1rgq5aqo5_1280.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://33.media.tumblr.com/191da9873cbe48742bb6f12f74c5a29f/tumblr_nftvv94R0i1rgq5aqo6_1280.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://33.media.tumblr.com/d0a5b4756b3a17aaa6e3d792852833d9/tumblr_nftvv94R0i1rgq5aqo7_1280.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://33.media.tumblr.com/5f9327a55c15c2f5d4dea7b2ad649585/tumblr_nftvv94R0i1rgq5aqo8_1280.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://38.media.tumblr.com/a8ab0b6ca759defd172d40e0bd2bde08/tumblr_nftvv94R0i1rgq5aqo9_1280.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://38.media.tumblr.com/b2957638803548305215f7b65d63eace/tumblr_nftvv94R0i1rgq5aqo10_1280.jpg[/IMG]

Frog-fu

Banned
My favourite moment involving those two was Sasuke announcing he was going to become Hokage and everyone but Hinata reacting in some kind of way. Hinata just didn't give a fuck.

dumbyugi

Don't know if this has already been posted but if you live in Australia then you might be able to see The Last Naruto Movie in cinemas on 17/1/2015 thanks to Madman. It's only at selected cinemas and only for 1 day but I dunno, if you're a fan and in the area why not? Beats having to wait months for fansubs.

Kishimoto probably only had them rework shit that actually mattered, e.g. the Ōtsutsuki clan and whatnot. By his own admission, he's not big on writing romance.

I've never read this manga or seen the anime, but I kind of want to now.

Ultimate Muscle was ruined my 4Kids. RUINED

Turok_TTZ

this post from NF sums it up good:

yagami1211 said:
The official story is this.

- SP wants to make a movie, they start doing a early story draft. The story is about love.
- They ask Kishimoto if he wants to be part of it
- Kishimoto accepts, the story about love motivates him.
- We don't know if Kishimoto wanted a movie about NH, but since he made up his mind about NH a long time ago, it likely coming from him anyway.
- Kishimoto takes The Story Supervisor role, take their story outline as base and rewrite it until the smallest details to his taste.
- Otsutsuki Toneri, details about Naruto & Sasuke's battle, Naruto & Hinata's kids from chapter 700, Wheelchair Guy, Hokage Kakashi are added ( and probably a lot of others things we don't know since we didn't see the movie. )
- He takes too the role of character designer, giving canon designs for the characters of the movie.
- According to the spoilers, Naruto TNJ the villain, like in all recent Kishi stories.
- According to takL, the movie is in production since 2 years ago.

tl;dr, Kishi writes, SP animates. It's a collaboration.

The official movie site says :

Story Writer : Masashi Kishimoto
Character Design : Masashi Kishimoto

If his speech during the preview is any indication, he's quite pleased with the result.

that should remove doubt.

not fucking fair though, apparently the last naruto the movie gonna be shown in Australia relatively soon. not fair at all.

So for any doubters, NaruHina has been planned since at least 2 years ago. At least.

even before that seeing as he made the character (as Naruto's love interest) when he was planning for the series (before even creating sakura and sasuke) but sadly he had to change a lot of things do to editors

you got to admit Naruto hit the jackpot

just look at her beauty.... Plus the fact that she has a good personality and cares for people (and knows what to say if Naruto is in the slumps)

Top Bottom