• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance demo is up on Xbox Live and PSN US. PSN EU whenever.

Awesome. This was about to sway me into buying that apparently terrible PS3 port of ZOE HD. Err, I didn't say that out loud Konami.

Had no problem with the PS3 version

loved it more than the PS2 version.. sure the port COULD have been perfect... but if you expect perfection out of everything then your going to be disappointed ...a lot.

It's perfectly playable. It's better than Bayonetta in the framerate department and even that was fine for me(didnt have a 360 to compare it to)

loved it more than the PS2 version.. sure the port COULD have been perfect... but if you expect perfection out of everything then your going to be disappointed ...a lot.

It's perfectly playable. It's better than Bayonetta in the framerate department and even that was fine for me(didnt have a 360 to compare it to)

Hell, that's a much better impression than what I read a while back when the game came out. I may keep it on my radar yet.

Skilletor

That really isn't saying much.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ZoE's port is bad, but no where near Silent Hill HD Collection level of bad. So...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nowhere near as bad as the SH HD collection can still qualify as god awful. :p

Naw, Silent Hill HD is god awful. ZoE's is bad. Like Splinter Cells, it's tolerable if you want to play it but you could get the non-HD versions and emulate/play those on PC and get a better performing game.

gj26dpajbq.gif
What the FUCK is this shit

Played the E3 demo last year and left disappointed. I have faith in Platinum Games though and can't wait to be blown away properly next week.

What is shown in the E3 demo, same as the ZoE demo?

Didn't play the ZoE demo. For the E3 demo, it was a tutorial area you were running through and learning the slicing mechanics. There were cardboard targets (enemies and hostages) and watermelons. It was a bad demo, poor framerate, poor textures and the game froze up on me while slicing a huge watermelon into hundreds of pieces. Thus having to hard reset my demo and just as I was about to get back in, I was asked to vacate the demo station.

Being a huge Platinum Games fan and Bayonetta being the greatest action game to mankind, imo anyways, the demo left a bad taste in my mouth. But like I said in my previous post, I have faith that PG will deliver.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
It was a bad demo, poor framerate, poor textures and the game froze up on me while slicing a huge watermelon into hundreds of pieces.

Funnily enough, this is exactly why my mate loved the E3 demo but didn't like the ZOE bundled demo. He too locked up the demo by spending most of his time meticulously cutting an object into as many pieces as he could. Low and behold, the ZOE bundled demo now has object cut limitations to prevent crashes.

Ya'll beta tested that fucker.

Haha, yeah, no kidding.

I guess I was more miffed about the fact that I spent three and a half hours in line to play the demo only to have said demo lock up on me and then asked to leave without getting much time to play it. Next week should change all that.

Hasney

I may have read the title and made an unintelligible noise of pure joy.

Considering I'm in work and was out last night, not sure if still drunk or extra, stupidly excited.

haikira

They reported that it will be the first chapter, and the Japanese demo wasn't the first chapter, so probably not. I've only skimmed over this video, but I'm pretty sure it's what the demo will be http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4oSwMx9xiEI

Wouldn't the footage from the latest trailer, be anything but the first chapter? Since Raiden has already
lost his eye

Though it's possible the game has a false start and the new trailer is the start of the game.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Can't wait to try it. Unfortunately, the demo is out just the day before an exam for me ._.

Serra

Its Platinum, so I will buy it regardless. No need to waste time playing a demo.

But I think releasing a demo is a smart move!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
nQiZpGg.jpg

Wonder if its the same demo as the ZOE HD one. I have to assume it is. Two demos would be a bit mad. Needless to say, I have yet to play it and I am hyped beyond hype. The region locking of the JPN one had me grumpy for days :mad:

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
What the FUCK is this shit

Disturbing.

Anywho, if this demo is different than the one released with ZOE HD I may not download it. I don't want to load up on too much bread before the main course.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
So the Euro demo is "3 stages" and the US demo takes place during "the first chapter"?

Do we think these are the same thing being described by different words or two different demos? (That would be crazy.)

I hope it's a new demo. I can't play the ZoE demo without the damn thing locking up on me. And no, it wasn't patched you fuckers. I downloaded the patch and reinstalled the demo, and the same shit happens everytime.

All I'm hoping for is a new trailer showing the weapon switching off... But I'm sure the 3 stages are just the VR or training stage, land on beach stage, and then the boss fight... (though crossing fingers that it is not that so I have something new to play!)

Top Bottom