• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No more Edited Post notice?

Syriel

Recently realized that GAF no longer shows an edited line with the date/time when an existing post is edited.

Was this an intentional change?

(Remaining) mods started editing people's posts after the forum came back online, but then people noticed the "Last edited by..." so the notice was removed.

Blam

Never noticed. I wonder if we'll ever get reply notifications.

We will the forum would be doing that on the new software. Same software era is running on. Transferring an entire forum especially as big as this is a huge task so it takes time to do it right and guarenteed to fuck up at least once.

Breakage

We will the forum would be doing that on the new software. Same software era is running on. Transferring an entire forum especially as big as this is a huge task so it takes time to do it right and guarenteed to fuck up at least once.

Cool. I hope it happens. I've long thought that GAF was behind the times in that regard; it's the only forum that I know of that doesn't have reply notifications.

Blam

Cool. I hope it happens. I've long thought that GAF was behind the times in that regard; it's the only forum that I know of that doesn't have reply notifications.

Yeah a few things needed to be done such as the theme being redone for XenForo, and a converter for all the posts being made to work and transfer everything with little trouble. Also Facepunch doesn't have reply notifications.

Is the new forum software XenForo?

Yes.

Breakage

Yeah a few things needed to be done such as the theme being redone for XenForo, and a converter for all the posts being made to work and transfer everything with little trouble. Also Facepunch doesn't have reply notifications.
Cool. I didn't know that the the forum software itself doesn't have reply notifications. I just assumed it was disabled for some obscure reason.

Blam

That's correct. It's been publicly talked about in the past.

I mean pretty sure it was talked about last year.

Cool. I didn't know that the the forum software itself doesn't have reply notifications. I just assumed it was disabled for some obscure reason.

This one did but it was a plugin, and it was very shortly disabled because it was extremely intensive on the site itself.

Breakage

I mean pretty sure it was talked about last year.

This one did but it was a plugin, and it was very shortly disabled because it was extremely intensive on the site itself.
Oh, I must have missed the conversations regarding the reply feature.

Top Bottom