• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Paskil

YAAAAAAAS, I love the title. Can't wait to play this game. Great OP, pretty much on blackout so as to not spoil. I looked at review scores but didn't read any.

LotusHD

Banned
I sorta intended to get an Avatar gallery going but wasn't exactly sure if I wanted to go through with it or nah.

So here's one to start off and see if I should keep it up.

0e92xve.png
zgpRDtC.png

I won't be surprised if this all ends up culminating as a Photo Mode/Gravity Rush Artwork thread. Or hell, maybe someone will actually make KatGAF lmao

JB2448

No better place for this:
The Japanese title for Gravity Rush is GRAVITY DAZE/重力的眩暈:上層への帰還において彼女の内宇宙に生じた摂動. That roughly translates to Gravity Daze/Gravitational Dizziness: The Perturbation of Her Inner Space Caused by the Repatriation of the Upper Stratum.
The Japanese title for Gravity Rush 2 is GRAVITY DAZE 2/重力的眩暈完結編:上層への帰還の果て、彼女の内宇宙に収斂した選択.
I've yet to see even a fan translation of the title. Any ideas?

crimilde

Banned
Digital unlocks for me in 1h34 minutes. Can't wait. I'm so glad I'm working from home tomorrow too, I can wake up later than usual.

ys45

Oh yeah , this is my next game I'm going to play .
And , since when Sony release games on Friday in NA ?

Ferr986

Just played for more than an hour. Looks awesome, Controls like a dream, and Kat is still awesome... oh and lost some time collecting gems. Yep, is Gravity Rush 2.

Gonna make some dinner and keep going!

I'm still finding things out in the demo.

I was trying to figure out why the gravity slide feels so much more chaotic than in the first game.

The gravity slide no longer has a set ground. In the first game, you couldn't slide around the sides of a building: you'd fall off since the side you landed on was the new ground and it wouldn't change. In the sequel, you can. But that also makes regular sliding more difficult because now you slide up stuff you run into.

Also, lunar and jupiter mode affect the slide speeds. And while you can no longer drift, you can slide dodge so you don't fall off platforms.

Rainy

Banned
I'm almost done with Remastered and was gonna wait a bit...but man this thread has me hyped I might just put in a preorder today.

So happy this is finally coming out! I hope the challenges are a bit harder than they are in the original Gravity Rush, since that was one of my favourite parts of the game. Getting up early to pick this up tomorrow :3

Hope its okay to post in here, but over the last month or so i've been busy making this Diamond Painting(100's of tiny plastic squares) thing of some GR2 art. It's not perfect, but its pretty much the best that i can do.

xj6TLKP.jpg

dEvAnGeL

My copy has been preordered GAF, loved the original, actually i got a vota for persona 4G and Gravity Rush and today i preordered persona 5 and Gravity Rush 2!!!!! I can't believe it's so close o_O

silva1991

Fuck it, I bought it digitally(Saudi store)

Will play this in few hours. I just need a short video to remember the first game's storya nd how it ended before playing....

So happy this is finally coming out! I hope the challenges are a bit harder than they are in the original Gravity Rush, since that was one of my favourite parts of the game. Getting up early to pick this up tomorrow :3

Hope its okay to post in here, but over the last month or so i've been busy making this Diamond Painting(100's of tiny plastic squares) thing of some GR2 art. It's not perfect, but its pretty much the best that i can do.

xj6TLKP.jpg
Wow, great work.

Stiler

Does this game give a good refresher for the first game or does someone know of a decent yt video to get you caught up on the story?

edit - should have looked at the last page before posting lol, nm.

LotusHD

Banned
I went into GR2 not being sure if the new gravity styles would be gimmicks or not, but they were/are legitimately great additions to the game and feel just as legitimate as playstyles are her normal form does.

Also, dat Jupiter style melee punch.

That's good to hear, because admittedly they did feel somewhat gimmicky. Also glad that they have their own special attacks.

Heh.

xj6TLKP.jpg

I keep forgetting to reply to this, but this is great! Looks like it must've taken you awhile, but sure as hell looks like it was worth it lol

LotusHD

Banned
"YOU GET A REFRESHER VID, AND YOU GET A REFRESHER VID, AND YOU GET A REFRESHER VID!" -Lotus

Lol I'm happy to oblige. Finding that video was a godsend, it really is a good refresher lol

Using this one!

Dnabghc.png

Thanks!

Haha, enjoy!
Damn, I should've thought of using it.

Yay great OT! Can't wait.

Awesome.

Regarding the outfits from the first game, i only need a save from remastered for all of them right? Not a full save or anything? Because i have the remastered with a beginning save but never played far. (finished it on Vita)

No clue tbh

Oh, snap. I didn't know they were doing post-release DLC for free. I mean, I was going to buy it anyways, but props to them for taking care of their players.

LotusHD

Banned
Oh, snap. I didn't know they were doing post-release DLC for free. I mean, I was going to buy it anyways, but props to them for taking care of their players.

Yep, they did as a way to apologize for delaying the game to January. I wonder how much they would've charged for it.

Unfortunately won't be grabbing this at launch, but hopefully I can pick it up in the next couple weeks.

Haven't actually played the remastered version yet (have owned it for a while tho) so in the meantime I'd like to play and finish that.

Altairre

I had no intention of buying this game but tried the demo on a whim yesterday and now I have it preloaded and ready to go. A demo actually sold me on a game. What year is this?

Already watched the video summary, going to go through that anime thing now because why not.

LotusHD

Banned
I had no intention of buying this game but tried the demo on a whim yesterday and now I have it preloaded and ready to go. A demo actually sold me on a game. What year is this?

Already watched the video summary, going to go through that anime thing now because why not.

Lol, you play the Nier demo yet?

Top Bottom