• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 trailer (Full campaign co-op) [Oct 2, Length, No Wii U for now, more]

Kinyou

605604_120410_screen011.jpg

605604_120410_screen013.jpg
Ok, those two look pretty damn awesome.

Also the HUD doesn't seem to show the Partners health, so maybe I might be able to enjoy this game after all :p

But? But, wasn't that the huge oversight in 5 in that the team AI was so retarded that it spoilt the game? Just out of interests how does it differ in Revelations?

Really, I think they are setting themselves up a fall here

Revelations AI was perfect because they didn't bother you for ammo or get killed. They for the most part only existed for a few puzzles, distracting enemies or dialogue exchanges. Granted they were fairly useless most of the time against enemies and 99% of enemies went after you instead of your partner anyway.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah, some people should stop being so childish. I've grown up along with Leon, Chris, Sherry etc, this is fan-service to its max and I'm fucking enjoying the crap out of this. I love how everyone looks.

• Wesker Jr's real name is Jake Muller
  • Each playable character has a different gameplay focus
    [*]Leon = RE4, Chris = RE5, Muller = "something new"​
  • New enemies are a result of the C-Virus
  • A "totally new control scheme" has been employed
  • North America, China and Eastern Europe are locations in the game
  • Solo and co-op, both online and offline.
  • Zombies return.
  • The J'avo take damage based on where you shoot them.
    [*]Damage a part enough without destroying, that part mutates, becomes more powerful​
  • The C-Virus can make enemies undergo "Chrysalide", which "take the mutation process even further as they can undergo a full metamorphosis; spawning a whole host of horrific creatures"
  • Mercenaries Mode will return
  • Shooting while moving, sliding, rolling, cover and enhanced melee attacks are in
  • Demo included with Dragon's Dogma hits July 3rd for XBox, Sept 4 for PS3.

Colour me intrigued. I'm really interested, but I seriously hope that it isn't force co-op a la RE5, cause the AI was horrid when trying to play SP.

Derrick01

Banned
Lots of fan service in that trailer. Even I have to admit the chris vs leon part made me smile. This will be a pretty fun rental.

Lucent

The zombies get guns again? Preorder cancelled

I sort of agree with this. It was sort of shocking in RE4 when it happened. Then RE5 copy and pasted that in so that the same thing happened towards the end.

I came to accept that the reason the infected can use guns is because they were try'n to make bio weapons and super soldiers. So it makes sense.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Demo included with Dragon's Dogma hits July 3rd for XBox, Sept 4 for PS3.
This still infuriates me. Time-exclusive demos, in the year of 2012? Come on, boys. Spend those resources for next-gen or something.

Nemesis_

don't understand why that trailer didn't end with leon suplexing chris through the earth's core

And then Chris proceeds to punch the earth's core and destroy the world.

I wish more people played Revelation. My experience with that game coupled with the lack of partner health in screens bodes well for the franchise.

Dennis

Banned
So I am sitting here at work wondering when all the gifs start to show up.

Can't contribute, gif server is at home.

LeleSocho

Banned
Genuine question no troll:
Why you people are now so hyped up after this trailer? It doesn't even show some gameplay and from what we've seen of it is even more Gears of Warish than the others which should be a bad thing (at least i think).

Yoshichan

Why you people are now so hyped up after this trailer? It doesn't even show some gameplay and from what we've seen of it is even more Gears of Warish than the others which should be a bad thing (at least i think).
This trailer was just better than the last one, pure and simple. Also, more content, confirmations (Wesker Jr, Sherry), HUD + fan-service (Leon fighting Chris for Ada). New environments + C-virus explanation.

LiK

Past story threads are going somewhere and Leon and Chris are in the same game finally.

Risgroo

Okay, so I'm really in the mood for some RE now, and I'm looking at three options: Revelaitons, RE2(PSN), RE3(PSN) or Code Veronica(PSN). I haven't played any of them, and I'm currently leaning towards RE2, since much of RE6 seems to be related to it. What do you think, GAF?

1. CHRIS vs LEON
2. Ada returns
3. Sherry returns
4. Wesker stand in

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
I know what it is about Leon I don't like. He looks thinner than his RE4 model like he went on a diet and lost his athletic muscles. He better still have his suplex.

We need to bitch and moan to Capcom to include a Raid Mode. Raid Mode in Revelations >>>>>>>>>>>> Mercenaries in RE4/5

If you haven't had a chance to play Raid mode try to imagine RE mixed with PSO or Diablo. Four Player Raid mode has the potential to be the most played online mode in any game, next to COD.

Kinyou

This still infuriates me. Time-exclusive demos, in the year of 2012? Come on, boys. Spend those resources for next-gen or something.
Is this by any chance some Japanese developer thing? I think the only other game that did this was Ninja Gaiden 3.

Man im beyond hyped! And they moved up the release date a day before my birthday?! I'm in heaven. Can't wait to play the shit out of this with my bestfriend. Day 0 baby!

Yoshichan

The Leon Suplex sucked anyway, too many frames of vulnerability when he's trying to go back to his regular animation :p It's all about his round-kick, baby!

edbrat

Mercenaries mode and Solo /co-op online and offline (in story) confirmed in the press release.

Mercs mode for the overwhelming and massive win!!!!! Day 0 confirmed!!!!!

(please don't fuck it up please don't fuck it up please don't fuck it up)

might have to play some re5 mercs to address the huge levels of hype this trailer has generated. Definitely going on media embargo now for this game so nothing is spoiled, I know all I need to know for day 0 purchase.

Top Bottom