• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushmo/Pullblox |OT| of pushing, pulling and QR codes

CoolS

a4xTf.jpg
v2IpK.jpg

Release:

JP: 10/5/2011 700yen
jcaj.png

EU: 12/8/2011 6€/5.40£
NA: 12/8/2011 6.99$

What is it?

It is a new 3DS eShop game created by Intelligent Systems; yes the team behind Fire Emblem and Advance Wars; which features 250 puzzles and the ability to create your own and share them with everyone (and especially GAF) via QR codes. The game is designed to make full use of the 3DS console's 3D screen as you grab and pull blocks to get to the top. Pushmo is the US name, while Pullblox is the EU name.

Here's a trailer to give you a better idea about the game:
Pushmo (3DSWare) Trailer

If you are still unsure after the trailer, check out this video review, which explains the game really well:
Video Review - Pushmo (thebitblock.com)

And Nintendo's official discription of the game:
Pullblox is a unique part-puzzle, part-platform game that will tax your brain and creativity!

Children in Pullblox Park have been trapped inside giant block puzzles – ‘pullblox’ – that are as big as houses. So it's tiny hero Mallo to the rescue!

Climb the structures, pushing and pulling blocks to use as steps, and rescue the children. If you make a mistake, simply rewind time and try again!

There are more than 200 pullblox to enjoy, and you can also create your own in Pullblox Studio and exchange them with friends via QR Codes.
Pushmo™ – Push, pull and climb through incredible puzzle-like climbing toys called Pushmo. Enjoy adorable characters, charming 3D graphics and endless replay value. Available in the Nintendo eShop for $6.99. (For Nintendo 3DS™)
JCAP_Pullblox_Screen1al_ENG.jpg
JCAP_Pullblox_Screen2b_ENG.jpg
JCAP_Pullblox_Screen3b_ENG.jpg

GAF QR codes (you might not be able to scan all puzzles unless you complete level 109)

jfWeL.jpg
MBF3J.jpg
KdJKGl.jpg

hni0049t.jpg
HNI_0012.jpg
6oTzN.jpg

17HNI_0019.jpg
J1QV5.jpg
ZRsl4.jpg

MuQ8D.jpg
623405Batman01.jpg
SDm8H.jpg

HNI_0012.JPG
qpcch.jpg
fEecC.jpg

bwkBml.jpg
xEUOY.jpg
Hi1W2.jpg

vW59v.jpg
2QKm7.jpg
pFp9W.jpg

E7U0s.jpg
AgMuBN7CIAAxURV.jpg:large
1SooM.jpg

0fYvr.jpg
V7hNm.jpg
HNI_0052.jpg

HNI_0053.jpg
sLbLt.jpg
WbpQm.jpg

Z8nqw.jpg
tumblr_lvy6rp7xgo1qejutxo1_400.jpg
tumblr_lvy6rp7xgo1qejutxo2_400.jpg

DdQ9b.jpg
9kZE9.jpg
HCT62.jpg

fp6W3.jpg
F4tgV.jpg
ZqPGK.jpg

tumblr_lvymhvvfN41qejutxo3_400.jpg
tumblr_lvymhvvfN41qejutxo1_400.jpg
tumblr_lvymhvvfN41qejutxo2_400.jpg

tumblr_lvymhvvfN41qejutxo4_400.jpg
R86Zr.jpg
HNI_0015.JPG

59sMf.jpg
rofqR.jpg
tFFOj.jpg

arSRE.jpg
4oEj9.jpg
HspQI.jpg

FURJz.jpg
WJsJ7.jpg
Iw1rV.jpg

7f5Op.jpg
QoU5a.jpg
pnXON.jpg

KCPi6.jpg
oHM3H.jpg
tumblr_lw2bidprKX1qejutxo1_400.jpg

tumblr_lw2bidprKX1qejutxo2_400.jpg
bK2nd.jpg
c9RSf.jpg

rWrdj.jpg
lzK8i.jpg
kKKFC.jpg

mYUpF.jpg
mYOeJ.jpg
HNI_0013.JPG

L7eGr.jpg
yPRPO.jpg
nGtTI.jpg

fYlPI.jpg
0Qyeg.jpg
bQfLN.jpg

kkUJh.jpg
t3GBU.jpg
2AtTz.jpg

NT9x6.jpg
xcBXk.jpg
9znwx.jpg

Zo21G.jpg
xzFhQ.jpg
HNI_0009_JPG.jpg

izIY7.jpg
M7Eek.jpg
JBJPW.jpg

AK6Vi.jpg
mT8nr.jpg
i4doQ.jpg

CAvF8.png

For other awesome non-GAF created puzzles, please check out this post!

I will try to keep this updated with the puzzles everyone hopefully will be posting in this thread :)

Intelligent Systems has me interested in this.

Not the best timing though. Small titles like this would get way more attention from me outside the holiday rush. Particularly if I'm going to build and share puzzles.

Erethian

Would be a good idea to put the QR code links to the eShop page in the OP too, once those start popping up on the product pages for each region.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Part of me wants to pick this up on impulse... The smarter part of me wants to wait for some reviews.
It's nifty little original 3DS game. Do you REALLY need to think about that?

isny

napkin dispenser
Wait, you can share user created puzzles with QR codes? This is going to be awesome =D

@MUWANdo

Banned
Yes. I think an update for online sharing is planned as well. Or is that already in?

The update added QR sharing to the original Japanese release; the international releases have QR sharing by default. There are no plans for being able to share/trade maps directly from the game via WFC, as far as I know.

Roto13

I'll be buying this this evening. I can't resist anything that uses pixels for custom content. I can't tell you how many times I've made Mega Man in games like Boom Blox and Animal Crossing (on shirts). :p

Alrus

Bought, played it for a while and it's pretty sweet. Nothing really hard so far but I'm still early.

Also, thank you nintendo for finally allowing to directly purchase game! No more wasted euros sitting on my 3DS for months :D

IntSys? Guess I'll check it out later.

/edit/ Seems like there are still no eShop cards available over here. Guess I wont check it out then.

RpgN

I just saw this on eshop and went straight here to see wether there are any impressions. The fact that it's made by IS is reassuring enough, it looks like it's made with care and has enough content. It seems to be worth the price but I'd still rather wait for some impressions. It's on my wishlist for the time being.

OMG Aero

I've only gone through the tutorials and some of the first few levels but this seems like a pretty fun puzzle game so far.

I also had a quick go on the level creator and that seems good too, kinda reminds me of making textures on Animal Crossing. Here's a level I made from the trainer sprite from Pokemon Gold:
jfWeL.jpg

Roto13

I've only gone through the tutorials and some of the first few levels but this seems like a pretty fun puzzle game so far.

I also had a quick go on the level creator and that seems good too, kinda reminds me of making textures on Animal Crossing. Here's a level I made from the trainer sprite from Pokemon Gold:
jfWeL.jpg

<3

GAF's first user created level is a sprite. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. Will be scanning the hell out of this bitch when I get the game later.

Question about level creation: Does it just automatically put in tunnels and stuff to make sure every level you design is solvable, or do you have to add those yourself?

isny

napkin dispenser
<3

GAF's first user created level is a sprite. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout. Will be scanning the hell out of this bitch when I get the game later.

It's not a penis or foreveralone.gif though.

Looking forward to the Noooooooo Vader one, lol

CoolS

So my very first brief impressions:

I really really like it a lot. It's very cute, but the mechanics are great. I love that it also involves some jumping around in addition to the puzzles.

Did the tutorial so far and scanned OMG Aero's level, I love the QR stuff, it works so well :) The tutorial was just the basic stuff but I could already tell that it's going to be a game were there will be quite a few headscratchers. Aero's Sprite took me quite a while to figure out just now :)

As for the puzzles, curently there appear to be 10 levels with 18 puzzles each in it, so together with the tutorial that makes rougly 200 Pullblox/Pullmos.
Additionally, you can create/save 90 custom puzzles, which is pretty good I'd say.

The 3D in this is great and feels very natural and I also like the music. So far, I can recommend it to everyone who likes a good puzzler, custom content and wants to try some exclusive 3DS content.

OMG Aero

<3

Question about level creation: Does it just automatically put in tunnels and stuff to make sure every level you design is solvable, or do you have to add those yourself?

When I was making that level it wouldn't let me use tunnels and other objects so I presume you have to reach a challenge level with them in before you can use them but to answer your question, no the game won't make your level solvable. Making your own levels is kind of like a puzzle in itself in that the game won't let you make a QR code for it until you complete the level yourself, so often when you are making a level you'll have to test it and add or remove blocks if you get stuck to make it solvable.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I've played it 15mn so far, what a charming little game :)
I love the presentation, the tutorial is easy so far but I expect a nice challenge around this concept.

JKTrix

I tried doing the "Download Later" thing where it supposedly downloads while the system is in sleep mode. Had it running for about 20 minutes, and the status was showing 0%. So I just downloaded it normally from the store in 20 seconds.

Alrus

So I'm at puzzle 62 (counting the tutorial ones I guess). And I must say I really love it, it's a fun puzzle game with a lot of content and is perfect for small sessions. Worth the 6 euros I paid.

It's also really cute, and the 3D works well (although it doesn't really add much).

You get the ability to go back in time if you made a mistake, so you don't have to reset the whole puzzle if you get stuck, which is a pretty nice addition.

CoolS

I tried doing the "Download Later" thing where it supposedly downloads while the system is in sleep mode. Had it running for about 20 minutes, and the status was showing 0%. So I just downloaded it normally from the store in 20 seconds.
Strange, it worked pretty well for me, though the download in store is definitely faster.

You get the ability to go back in time if you made a mistake, so you don't have to reset the whole puzzle if you get stuck, which is a pretty nice addition.

Forgot to mention that, it's a great feature :)

I took a try at my first custom created puzzle. I really suck at sprites and it's only the first version but it's so much fun creating these and trying them out to get them to work. It focuses a little more on jumping but is pretty basic I guess. Tell me what you think after you tried it :)

MBF3J.jpg

GhaleonQ

I don't know what Intelligent Systems is thinking (maybe they want to push it out before Fire Emblem), but I've been thrilled about this since it was 1st announced. It's really fun stuff, especially the un-Intelligent Systems-like aesthetics.

wsippel

Banned
Did you exit to the home menu before closing the lid?

thanks for the release nintendo. but.....

1. fuck you for taking so long.
2. fuck you for not putting out a good thing since DK94.....and
3. where the fuck is that picross the JP 3DS people have been enjoying? US dont like picross enough for you???

/rant

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Strange, it worked pretty well for me, though the download in store is definitely faster.

Forgot to mention that, it's a great feature :)

I took a try at my first custom created puzzle. I really suck at sprites and it's only the first version but it's so much fun creating these and trying them out to get them to work. It focuses a little more on jumping but is pretty basic I guess. Tell me what you think after you tried it :)

MBF3J.jpg
Ah ah awesome :)

Downloaded it. Only played a few levels so far, but it runs at 60 fps in 3D, which automatically = instant win in my book. The difference between 60 and 30 seems even greater in 3D than it usually does.

tolkir

MBF3J.jpg

Completed, it's good. With tree colors, it can't to do more.

Top Bottom