• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 Coming to NA

test_account

XP-39C²
Lazy = no decent sales potential?
It comes down to money and sales potential indeed. One might wonder how big of a financial risk it actually is to release it though. The game is already made and the translation is already done. All that basically needs to be done in developement is to apply the translation to the Vita version. There will be no costs with making physical copies either.

hitmon

Looks like I'll have to import an Asian PS3 version if there is one. I prefer a physical copy.

Also unfortunate there will be no Vita version in NA.

zeopower6

Unfortunate that there's not even a digital VITA version. More games = more of a reason for people to even get the system... :(

Someone explain their logic for these games release history?

Ken's Rage - 360/ps3
Dynasty Warriors 7 - 360/ps3
DYNASTY Warriors Gundam 3 - 360/ps3
Dynasty Warriors 7 XL and Empires - ps3 only
One Piece Warriors - ps3 only
Warriors Orochi 3 - 360/ps3
Ken's Rage 2 - 360/ps3
One Piece Warriors 2 - ps3 only

Not port begging but the inconsistency is annoying and more than a little illogical.

Deal with it. 8 might be exclusive too.

Takao

Banned
If for some godly reason Project Versus J is announced only for PS3 ... I will send a brand new Vita to Namco Bandai's US headquarters, with a message that reads, "Do you eat shit?".

Of course that won't happen, because A) Project Versus J ain't being localized, and B) if it was I imagine Scamco being Scamco, will wait for long after the JPN release so that people can import the expensive version, and then double dip. At which point it could be revealed that the game is a turd so I wouldn't want it anyways.

Also, with them not interested in OP:pW2 Vita we can also rule those Digimon World, and Idolm@ster trademarks as them sitting on more stuff because they can.

SykoTech

Seemed like a given, but nice to get the 100% confirmation anyway.

A little worried about how much this game is going to cover tough. It's coming out in March in Japan. Yet Skypiea, Eneru, Kuma, and timeskip versions of the rest of the Straw Hats are the only big reveals so far. I really hope they're just keeping a lot of things under wraps this time or something.

Seemed like a given, but nice to get the 100% confirmation anyway.

A little worried about how much this game is going to cover tough. It's coming out in March in Japan. Yet Skypiea, Eneru, Kuma, and timeskip versions of the rest of the Straw Hats are the only big reveals so far. I really hope they're just keeping a lot of things under wraps this time or something.
Thriller Bark is bound to be in(so likely Moriah and possibly Perona) since the scan with Kuma confirmed zombies. So there's that, at the very least... I'm hoping for more bosses/villains to be playable and the inclusion of Smoker is definitely necessary this time around.

SykoTech

Thriller Bark is bound to be in(so likely Moriah and possibly Perona) since the scan with Kuma confirmed zombies. So there's that, at the very least... I'm hoping for more bosses/villains to be playable and the inclusion of Smoker is definitely necessary this time around.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention Thriller Bark. I hope Perona gets in alongside Moria as well. She's awesome and her fight with Usopp was my 2nd favorite moment of that arc. But yeah, still waiting for some solid info on just how large the game's scope will be compared to the first. Something that makes it clear that this isn't just a quick "expansion" sequel and that they're going all out. Smoker would be a great start, but something like "all of the Warlords present and playable" would hit the spot a bit more.

Speaking of that, I hope Kuma's confirmation means that all "villains" present in the previous game are playable this time (okay, those were actually Pacifistas but virtually the same thing). I need my playable Crocodile.

RyoonZ

Banned
Will get Asian disc version.
Love Musou-esque game. The PSP's Naruto Ultimate Ninja Impact is awesome too. Hope CC2 will make the sequel for it on Vita with more character.

No Vita version in the UK = No buy.

Not going to get this for PS3.
US isn't getting the Vita version either. And why, pray tell, are you my going to get the PS3 version? Not getting a game just because they didn't release it on another system is dumb. That's like me not wanting to buy Ni no Kuni because they aren't bring over the DS version too.

Wazzy

Banned
I completely forgot that the first game is out. I'll have to pick it up sometime this week. Hopefully it's not too expensive since I already have a couple other games I'm looking into buying.

As for the sequel, I don't have as much time for console gaming so it's unfortunate to hear this isn't coming to vita.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Another game I won't be getting for my Vita. I don't know if I'll ever increase my purchase rate past 1 Vita game per year if they keep not releasing stuff I want.

For 360 owners, of course.

I'm disappointed they didn't put DW7+XL on Steam because more audience numbers is good among slagging software sales in the west.

Once again too much work for them when they generally focus on Japan and Japan doesn't really care about PC.

Even though it could have been pretty easy because they already ported DW7 and XL into one package onto PC last year I think.

SykoTech

Oh shit. And here I was complaining about underwhelming reveals so far. Was even certain Perona would show up, let alone be playable.

HYPE.

US isn't getting the Vita version either. And why, pray tell, are you my going to get the PS3 version? Not getting a game just because they didn't release it on another system is dumb. That's like me not wanting to buy Ni no Kuni because they aren't bring over the DS version too.

Rather it is because I don't think the game will be that great, and there are games coming out for the PS3 during the same time frame that I will be playing in the time allot to home gaming.

Rather it is because I don't think the game will be that great, and there are games coming out for the PS3 during the same time frame that I will be playing in the time allot to home gaming.
Oh, I thought it was because we weren't getting the vita version. My fault.

Also, time skip Perona sounds like a good time. Think ill start the first one this weekend.

crinale

Oh wow, what, just noticed this on Play-Asia.

http://www.play-asia.com/One_Piece_...ish_Version/paOS-13-71-1ae-49-en-70-3uw0.html

One_Piece_Pirate_Warriors_2_English_Version_180000.1.jpg

One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (English Version)

From other thread.. So English version for Vita exists after all?

Jawmuncher

I forgot all about this. Regardless if the reviews are to my liking ill definitely grab it on vita. Also Namco has been doing good work on localizing games as of late.

Top Bottom