• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My friend just got his 360 banned, presumably for downloading Rayman Legends.

He just got kicked offline and message me that his system was banned. His account didn't get banned though which is a little unusual for situations like this. He used the Bosnia account trick to get the game for free. Also it is written in the terms of service:

"Utilizing fraudulent methods in order to obtain region-specific marketplace content or circumvent regional pricing."

Doesn't seem like now is the best time to start banning people for this type of stuff with next-gen right around the cornet. I don't think MS want a lot of angry people with their only console banned going into next gen.

Edit: Sigh, his second account is HeedlessZebra36 which did get banned. Along with the xbox the game was downloaded to.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
*rubs chin*

I don't know... this all sounds so... familiar... I can't quite put my finger on it...

jayu26

This
dejavu1zm7.jpg

and (because it is funny) this

HORRORSHØW

Is your friend upset/surprised by the outcome? It seems like a foregone conclusion that he would get banned for "utilizing fraudulent methods in order to obtain region-specific marketplace content or circumvent regional pricing."

I bet it was for something else. Otherwise you'd think there would be mass waves of bannings.

Is there anything your friend isn't telling you, OP?

yami4ct

Your friend or do you mean yourself?

Well, more materials for DetectiveGaf to play with I suppose.

There's a Xbox Live profile with the same name that's currently not banned. At this point, I would really believe that it's his friend.

As for your friend getting banned, he likely did some bad crap that's he's "forgetting" or just not letting on.

Ranger X

He just got kicked offline and message me that his system was banned. His account didn't get banned though which is a little unusual for situations like this. He used the Bosnia account trick to get the game for free. Also it is written in the terms of service:

"Utilizing fraudulent methods in order to obtain region-specific marketplace content or circumvent regional pricing."

Doesn't seem like now is the best time to start banning people for this type of stuff with next-gen right around the cornet. I don't think MS want a lot of angry people with their only console banned going into next gen.

What's the surprise there? Why not play fair.
Also, this will influence nothing. Nobody will care that someone got banned because they were pirating or cheating. I mean, at worse it will make sense to people.

Blackage

Seriously, "I got banned for some mysterious reason" shouldn't be a gaf topic unless there were mass account bannings, one person whining about getting banned is just he/she said/microsoft said.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Good thing Sony has safeguards in place to stop me from purchasing Japanese-only games off the J-PSN.

Oh wait, they don't.

Seems like a very petty thing to ban someone over.

Oh god, not this shit again. Didn't people learn from the last thread?

Grimløck;83575165 said:
Is your friend upset/surprised by the outcome? It seems like a foregone conclusion that he would get banned for "utilizing fraudulent methods in order to obtain region-specific marketplace content or circumvent regional pricing."

Gettings banned for circumventing regional pricing is a bit extreme. That means MS wants to lock up their console to each region which is the very opposite of what they are trying to do right now.

May be the OP can provide the gamertag of his "friend" so detectives can get to work?

yami4ct

Yes, friend. Not me. My gamertag is MR BLACKMAGIK for the "detectives" to look up.

If you really want Detective-Gaf to do their work and get you an answer, give them your friend's Live ID. Give them something to work with. As it stands, not much to talk about given the info you offer.

Top Bottom