• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Rumor* The Order: 1886 delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

Just a recap. In the case this is real

Sony PS4's 2014 output
inFAMOUS: Second Son, MLB 14 The Game, TLOU Remaster, DriveClub

Sony PS4's 2015 output
The Order: 1886, Project Beast*, Uncharted 4*, Santa Monica project*

* = hypotetical, but quite possible

Anyone helping me complete this? Thanks.

P.S. If there's a separate list for DD only titles from Sony, it'd be much appreciated :)
Singstar for 2014.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Thank goodness. Game definitely needed a bit more time in the oven. Sony's fall gets emptier and emptier though, unless some E3 announced stuff makes it.

Gorillaz

Considering CoD was Xbox's biggest game for the last generation, not really that amazing. Its a popular strategy.

For the most part iirc they still had something else come out that September or October. Whether it was a Gears or a Halo

Mesonak

Delaystation 4 (to echo somebody from earlier in the thread) is in full force. This is incredibly irritating, at this point.

THAT BEING SAID, the game will probably benefit from it, so all will be okay in the end.

Liha

Banned
Since when has September been the Holiday season? 0_o

The sales must be huge or the game is a flop. I think the most people will play the new CoD, Dragon Age, Evolve, Battlefield 2014, The Evil Within, Alien Isolation etc. I think the competition is too hard for a new IP.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
50046778.jpg

i2kfNNwD8wS8d.gif

I'm not that fazed tbh, I'm still not actually sold on the game.

Jeels

Fine with me.

For me as well, I'd rather Sony release good games, and I am not interested in third person shooters anyway, and I was going to get Driveclub. But this is more of a concern from a healthy platform perspective. If there are no exclusives but Driveclub while Microsoft is giving it their all (admittedly, because they have to), then the tides can easily change (in North America).

Boke1879

The year of 3rd Parties. Destiny, Batman Arkham Knights, Reeeeeeeeeeeeeemasters, and the Crew. These machines are less than a year old, let em have the time to familiarize themselves with hardware.

This is the most real post right here. We KNOW Sony has games coming and we know we'll see games for 2015 this E3.

This fall is pretty damn crowded anyway. Seriously, Arkham Knight comes out in October thats going to fill a void for most people.

The Order benefits from more dev time and coming out right after the Holiday rush. It'll have time to be more successful.

Apath

Seems likely. Graphically intense games require LOTS of development time.

If it manages come out this year I'm willing to guess it'll be <8 hours long.
I am fine with a shorter length as long as the game is designed around replayability. I'd actually prefer a shorter game with a lot of depth to a longer game with none.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I have looked up the xbone's (exclusive) fall releases. But I get the impression that MS is far more aggressive and hungrier. Can anyone confirm? If so, I wouldn't feel bad if they win the holidays.

rrc1594

Now that I think about it they both are kind of on a even playing field when it comes to delaying shit.

Sony cancelled SSM New IP
Microsoft cancelled new Black Tusk IP
Halo 5 delayed a year
DriveClub delayed a year
Quantum Break delayed to early 15
The Order 1888 delayed to early 15

Halo 5 was never delayed tho. Nobody said QB was 2014 actually was The Order supposed to come out in 2014

wow

that's crazy, I expected that this year :(

if the fall is driveclub and HD remasters from Sony then I'll be so disappointed with my PS4 purchase

why did/does Nintendo get a lot of heat for pretty much doing the same thing, smh

krae_man

2007 for PS3:

Motorstorm
Formula One
Warhawk
Lair
Heavenly Sword
MLB The Show
Folklore
Eye of Judgement
Ratchet and Clank
Uncharted

2014 for PS4:

Infamous
MLB The Show
Drive Club

What a difference.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Money doesn't make time travel possible.

Depending on the project structure you can. It depends on the critical path (as in the list of tasks that most be completed consecutively). Sometimes you can throw a lot of manpower at it to shorten it, sometimes you can't... (or at leats not with a sufficient quality).

I would think they have to have something. Could Sony really have NO 1st party games for the holiday season?

Beyond Two Souls: Remastered
Ratchet and Clank: Remastered
Little Big Planet: Remastered
Heavy Rain: Remastered
Infamous: Remastered
Resistance: Remastered

Volcane

Disappointing if true. But if they need the extra time, probably for the best.

Or maybe some of the revealed E3 games may be for release this year. Maybe Sony want Uncharted 4 for there big title this year.

Hoje0308

Banned
I'm okay with this. The delay is short and gives the game a chance to shine (or not) based on its own merits, rather than whether or not people chose it over the glut of titles releasing September through November.
The big question is how Sony will fill the gap. Do they have another title to announce and release before year's end, or do they push harder for exclusive content?

Muzy72

Banned
I am fine with a shorter length as long as the game is designed around replayability. I'd actually prefer as shorter game with a lot of depth to a longer game with none.
Amen. I much prefer shorter games, because longer games usually are only longer because of all the unnecessary fluff. As long as the experience is awesome throughout those 8 hours I'm fine with the shorter length.

I have looked up the xbone's (exclusive) fall releases. But I get the impression that MS is far more aggressive and hungrier. Can anyone confirm? If so, I wouldn't feel bad if they win the holidays.

So far, the only confirmed holiday title is Sunset. But yeah, no shit, the guys in 2nd place are probably hungry and thirsty at the same damn time.

wtf. so we're looking at an HD remaster of LastofUs and a delayed launch game in DriveClub? maybe Sony should take a play out of MS's book and moneyhat some games this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom