• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge Wii Proto/Concept Screenshots

Can't find this posted yet.

http://www.unseen64.net/2009/07/22/mirrors-edge-wii-proto/

clipboard02o.jpg

Nice concept art, too bad there's nothing else.

I wonder if the Wii version would have been as awful as the PS3 version. :p

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
That looks quite cool. I wonder how well they would've translated it to in-game though? We'll never know.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Make it look a tad more like Wind Waker, work good with motion, and you could have a decent Wii Port.

StuBurns

Banned
Would they have ported UE3? There was a rumor a publisher was going to port UE3 themselves because Epic don't want to.

I AM JOHN! said:

Woah there, pilgrim: what's wrong with the PS3 version? I just started playing it and the only issue I can find is the lack of AA.

Freedom = $1.05 said:
Wooh there, pilgrim: what's wrong with the PS3 version? I just started playing it and the only issue I can find is the lack of AA.
Nothing wrong with the PS3 version itself; in fact, I'm pretty sure it's the best version. I just straight up hated the game.

°°ToMmY°° said:
it's a shitty game.
Yeah, this.

mrWalrus

Banned
Nice concept art!

Slightly off topic.. but this got me thinking about the Natal version of Mirror's Edge.. can't wait to start jumping over living room furniture. :lol

AceBandage said:
Interesting.
I wonder if EA will ever considering finishing it.

In all honesty, they'd be foolish not to.

epmode

I AM JOHN! said:
Nothing wrong with the PS3 version itself; in fact, I'm pretty sure it's the best version.
Sure, if you ignore the PC port.

And Mirror's Edge is awesome and you're all horrible people.

Struct09

I like the art style, but it seems like you would need a 3rd person perspective to enjoy that art the most (pure conjecture). I wasn't a big fan of the first game, but I'll keep an open mind for any sequels that are released.

farnham

Banned
well i hope it will be 3rd person

i was irritated by the 360 version and did not touch it (its practically unsealed and is laying on the shelf)

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Oh right, because DICE made an pacifist achievement/trophy, so you decided to go for it first try and got annoyed whenever you died.

le.phat

I AM JOHN! said:

just as awful would be pretty impressive for wii.

jett

D-Member
I dunno about Wii port, I guess it could be done but a big part of the ME experience is the amazing visual presentation.

BTW Mirror's Edge is a fantastic game and if you don't like it you fucking suck.

edit: oh dear god someone asking for ME to be in 3rd person. Could this thread get any worse?

McBacon said:
Oh right, because DICE made an pacifist achievement/trophy, so you decided to go for it first try and got annoyed whenever you died.
Yeah, too bad that even if you weren't going for it, the combat was beyond awful. :|

epmode said:
Sure, if you ignore the PC port.

And Mirror's Edge is awesome and you're all horrible people.
I just couldn't imagine playing it on anything but the Dualshock. The game feels like it was designed specifically for that bad boy (and yes I know you can probably play the PC version with the Dualshock hooked up through USB).

And tell me something I don't know. :p

Firestorm

jett said:
I dunno about Wii port, I guess it could be done but a big part of the ME experience is the amazing visual presentation.

BTW Mirror's Edge is a fantastic game and if you don't like it you fucking suck.
Didn't expect to say this, but I agree with jett 100%.

AniHawk

jett said:

I could totally see a cel-shaded game based with the abstract levels found in the DLC. That could apply to any version, but it'd probably be the best way to get around a Wii release.

McBacon said:

Going for the no gun run was awesome. You can't do it right away though, because you have to check out the time trials and do the speed runs to really understand the depth of the level design and all the shortcuts.

McBacon said:
Pretty much my story.

I always try to go the non-lethal route as much as possible in games that allow it or reward you for it. But near the end of Mirror's Edge I was a killing machine.

Pctx

Banned
The gameplay mechanics on the Wii would make for a fun and interesting tromp through the ME world. People who continue to say ME sucked obviously didn't play it for more than 5 mins or haven't experienced the PC version.

I'm all for more of ME in whatever form.

Sneds

McBacon said:

I did that achievement first time and still loved the game. There's only a handful of occasions in the game anyway where the focus is on fighting rather than escaping.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
AniHawk said:
Going for the no gun run was awesome.

yeah, but doing a wall run while shooting someone with an uzi in slo motion was pretty badass too...

Gwanatu T

Very interesting, looks just like the animated cut scenes in the original. Might be really cool if they do it well; nothing like first person games on the Wii.

angelfly

I don't doubt EA is considering the game one Wii but I don't it'll be the same game.

McBacon said:

I went for it on my first playthrough and loved every second of it.

XPE

May by Dice could use the wiimote to enhance the disarming/ hand to hand controls, i always though its was the disarming/ hand to hand controls that brought the game play down.

Peff

Sneds said:
I did that achievement first time and still loved the game. There's only a handful of occasions in the game anyway where the focus is on fighting rather than escaping.

This. The thrill of evaluating a situation and setting things up to defeat your enemies alone is great. But yeah, there were a few parts where doing this was pretty much impossible (the garage :-/) and those weren't so good.

Top Bottom