• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Izuna

Banned
Well it would make sense if they used that for everything else. For days(in terms of time played) now I'm always seeing my last 10 match K/D around 2-3. Sometimes even 5 or up when I had a really good game. It just feels kind of disappointing that the overall K/D vs players has hardly budged after all this time.

If they showed your deaths, we could calculate what sort of killstreak you would need to bump ti up, but yeah, you might need like 200 kills with no deaths to see it change a single time...

Which is why i was happy to get it to 2.4KD on Xbox from 1.6. (at least, i think that's my Xbox KD and not my PS4 one, haven't turned this game on... huh... since January?)

bigJP

Having trouble beating a team of tones on LTS...any general strats?

(my team is usually Ronin, Legion, Tone/Scorch, Ion)

i guess it depends on map. have the scorch control choke points. should be able to handle it fairly well on its own. thats what i would do. i usually have a ronin with me to help flank. i use legion to shoot from a distance. have the ions and tones run around where necessary. not sure if it makes any sense or if its smart but seems to work reasonably well for me

Naar

I know that but I can't help it but care about it. Too many years of COD has instilled that in me. I just thought at my rate I should have been around 1.5 already, but that's not the case. I wish they did reveal how many times we've died just so I could find out for myself.

Well it would make sense if they used that for everything else. For days(in terms of time played) now I'm always seeing my last 10 match K/D around 2-3. Sometimes even 5 or up when I had a really good game. It just feels kind of disappointing that the overall K/D vs players has hardly budged after all this time.

Well I get the same issue, but I also played a TON of games. So I would have to keep the K/D pretty high for at least 6-7 games before I can see overall average go up (and ever so slightly)

I think my K/D is 3.2 overall but last 10 games is I think 7.5 or something like that, and even though my last 10 games went up, my overall stayed the same because I played over 1000 matches. So having a high K/D the last 4-5 matches won't be enough to push it up lol

Discobird

I'm pretty happy with those balance changes as a PC player, although I know a lot of console players are going to be wondering where the Hemlok nerf is. I think they're doing the right thing by nerfing the Devotion's long range strength instead of trying to exaggerate its close range weakness.

Arrrammis

Ha, no more nuclear ejecting to get your Titan back instantly, it will be interesting to see if fewer players use nuclear eject now. Also, yay for Northstar core and mobility buff! I can't wait to try it out.

Izuna

Banned
I'm going to list everything I have a strong opinion about:

Advanced Hud: Disable Party-Member Coloring on HUD (some colorblind players may prefer this) <--- YES FINALLY, I hated that the Green was a "brighter" colour

Added Film Grain Slider <--- Thank goodness, finally!

When switching weapons while editing a loadout, the game will now preserve your mod choices if possible. <--- WOOOO

Nuclear Eject damage no longer fills your Titan Meter. <--- ;/ like... at all? Not even 1/3 like it used to be from the original? Hmmmmmmmm...

Tone Changes <--- Sounds like a huge nerf

Ronin Changes <--- He didn't need this, haha, but okay

Fixed the homing speed so it will once again track targets as expected. <--- Nice, I will be testing this

Fixed HUD display incorrectly showing number of Electric Smoke charges. <--- <3 <3 <3... Although with the Nuke damage going I don't think there were many instances of this happening anyway haha

General stability improvements. <--- I hope this means a framerate boost

PC Settings Changes <--- No need to tweak UI for better graphics now, nice.

Fixed texture streaming being disabled on GPUs with < 2GB of detected VRAM. <--- Uh, Megaton? DKo5 does this mean what I think it means?

WTF :(

No more meter gain for nuclear eject if I kill a titan with it? man that sucks!

It is a shame. It wasn't a huge balance issue outside of possibly affecting Bounty Hunt... But even so, it was a satisfying positive feedback loop that was hidden from the victims. I could understand reducing it, but removing it entirely? Hmm

I don't fully understand nerfing something that was mostly fun and not really complained about.

But looking at these notes, it would appear that EPG swapping is still in? That's fantastic. <3
Though tbh, if the EPG lost it's extra damage and quick-swapping, as well as Nuclear being nerfed the way it is, I wonder if this update will be "as fun". I guess I have to wait.

Gator86

WTF :(

No more meter gain for nuclear eject if I kill a titan with it? man that sucks!

Fuuuuuuck yes. Nuke is cheesy shit. It would be less bullshit if every map wasn't a narrow death corridor filled with Reapers boxing you in, but here we are so fuck nuke. Glad for the Tone nerfs too. Faster dashes should be for every titan, not just the Stryders. I don't know why Respawn is so anti-mobility for titan combat now. No mention of Hemlok. Time to get back to abusing that, I guess.

Also, thank God for the Ion shield fix. It's still the most broken matchup in the game, but slightly less so now.

deicide2673

Neo Member
Had a pretty good look through......no increase in gen?
I like to level up, don't care if I don't get anything for it I just like something to aim for.
What about the banners for G11-15 and the black camo?
I know some people on here will not care less about this but I would like to see it increased to at least it's original intended level.

Izuna

Banned
I like to level up, don't care if I don't get anything for it I just like something to aim for.
I know some people on here will not care less about this but I would like to see it increased to at least it's original intended level.

It was intended to be G10.

They are making the rewards unlock at G10 instead.

Ken Adams

Yes i swore they said we would get our black camo in this update, hope that hasn't changed.

deicide2673

Neo Member
That's a shame, I can't see me carrying on with it now. I've played 250 hours and been G10 since way before Christmas. I like to chase a level up, most of my clan are very disappointed in this.
Is it so hard to increase the G rate to 50!
I don't care whether anyone knows my Gen via a banner/patch, just let me level up for my own personal gratification.
Oh well, they release after a ridiculous amount of time a pvp mode (uugh) and a coliseum map lol.
*sigh*

Calderc

Tone might as well have a white flag for a weapon now.

Devotion nerf is welcome but by not nerfing the Hemlock at the same time just means all the Devotion users switch to the Hemlok while the current Hemlok players cintinue to cheese.

JaMarco

Like the holo pilot buffs and Devotion nerf. Hate like no Hemlock nerf...come on.
Devotion nerf us welcome by nit nerfing the Hemlock at the same time just means all the Devotion users switch to the Hemlok while the current Hemlok players cintinue to cheese.
Exactly, this just might make things worse :/

Cels

this:

We held off releasing FNN last week while we worked on polishing things up because we don’t reveal dates until the updates have passed cert.

doesn't apply to PC. why are they holding the PC update back?

Gator86

Tone might as well have a white flag for a weapon now.

Devotion nerf is welcome but by not nerfing the Hemlock at the same time just means all the Devotion users switch to the Hemlok while the current Hemlok players cintinue to cheese.

I think Tone will be fine without firing exploding school buses at people. A lot of Tone players are gonna struggle with the new swarms of pilots around them though. Good.

And yeah, we've reached the dawn of the Hemlok meta. Why didn't they fix A-wall being indestructible?

VeeP

Patch seems great, and while I'd rather have new maps, I will give Live Fire a chance and hopefully like it. And I'm really looking forward to the new matchmaking UI.

I'm a little disappointed no Hemlok nerf was mentioned. Hopefully in the next TU?

Arrrammis

What is a hidden Nellie?

Respawn hid little plushies of the Loch Ness monster in several of the levels and multiplayer maps, like this:
KW8wghR.jpg
1B8JDRY.jpg

Edit: Clarification from RespawnCoronach on Reddit about the nuclear eject changes:
Anonymous User said:
I'd rather they just reduce the meter you get so you'd need to catch like four titans to fill it all the way back up like in the first game, but this is fine too
RespawnCoronach said:
There are two primary sources that fill up the meter. Score Events and damage to Titans. We've prevented damage dealt to Titans from filling up your next Titan meter, however, killing Titans will still reward a smaller amount of meter from the Score Event. So, it now functions like you've described.
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5un9uf/full_patch_notes_for_live_fire_update/ddvf675/
So basically, you can still get your titan meter filled up a bit, but only if you actually kill the titans nearby. Simply damaging them does nothing for your meter. I like this change then!

Edit 2 Electric Boolagloo:
FNN said:
Featured Playlist - Here we will be swapping out new modes each week that we think you should play and for some of them we'll reward you with Double XP events for checking them out. We feel like this a good first step in giving some of the less populated modes their time in the spotlight and show off new ones.
This sounds fantastic as well. It's a good way to keep dead modes alive and give people some of that sweet double EXP that they've been wanting!

FNN said:
Live Fire will be a limited time mode that will show up on Featured Playlists. We'll be rotating this with other modes that we want to feature. Live Fire is different from what we've done with new modes in the past so we are keeping it as a featured mode only and will not be a part of the regular modes to choose from. We'll be monitoring how popular it is and decide how often we run in the Featured Playlist based on data and community feedback.
Not so fantastic. I mean... what? A completely new mode and it's only available occasionally? I would think that people who normally only play Pilot v. Pilots would enjoy playing this mode, but now they won't be able to unless the weekly mode is Live Fire? Hmmm.

The toggle option to hold a button for rodeo has me most excited, surprisingly, ha. Definitely happens too often where i rodeo a titan i don't intend to rodeo (thanks to the lack of height in maps, which i've bitched about before) But definitely checking that out asap.

Tone nerfs are both awesome and sad, being that i primarily run a tone... Oh well

new, better game finder, yay!

Devotion nerf, yay!

And as others have said, no hemlock nerf? Insanely lame. Community seems to be on the same page with this one yet we're constantly ignored? Can we at least have a reason why this gun remains untouched? There has to be one, why can't it be shared?

Donos

So what's up with the other prime titans? Whats the problem? That's a lot of missed $$$. Let ppl buy it when community is still large.

JaMarco

And as others have said, no hemlock nerf? Insanely lame. Community seems to be on the same page with this one yet we're constantly ignored? Can we at least have a reason why this gun remains untouched? There has to be one, why can't it be shared?
They've said it would eventually be adjusted. I don't get why it's such a low priority for them though, it's borderline breaking the game on consoles.

Gator86

They've said it would eventually be adjusted. I don't get why it's such a low priority for them though, it's borderline breaking the game on consoles.

Borderline before, disastrous now. All the devotion kids are going to go Hemlok so it's gonna be a goddamn pox.

Alx

It's a good idea to offer XP bonus for the modes you want to promote, but maybe it would be the right time to raise the max pilot level. Double XP doesn't matter much when you're already 10.50 and cannot go higher.

So two new maps for a new game mode that is only going to be part time. That just seems odd. I'm still definitely checking it out when it launches, but I need that content 'sprint' Rayme mentioned to come back to this game on a more regular basis.

That nuclear eject nerf is making me consider using that other perk that starts your core at 30%. Combined with the battery and you're already half way to your core from the very beginning. Half the appeal of the nuke eject to me was being able to get your titan back quickly besides getting a cheap kill.

As for Tone, I'll try her out and see how I feel. I think I can live with the changes but if she sucks now then I'll finally give Ronin a real shot.

Well I get the same issue, but I also played a TON of games. So I would have to keep the K/D pretty high for at least 6-7 games before I can see overall average go up (and ever so slightly)

I have also played the game tons. I'm sitting at 1713 total games right now. I looked back at my stats a while ago and I had a 1.2 K/D when I had 1180 games played. Since then I've probably played 90% Attrition and feel like I've had at least a 2+ K/D. That's all I ever see when I look at the last 10 games played and I do look at my stat page semi frequently. But math says I've probably only had a 1.5 K/D my last 533 games. I find that very hard to believe.

I really wish they listed the number of deaths so I can see it for myself and know that they're right or wrong. But leaving that out has made me skeptical because I really do think the numbers might be off.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
That nuclear eject nerf is making me consider using that other perk that starts your core at 30%. Combined with the battery and you're already half way to your core from the very beginning. Half the appeal of the nuke eject to me was being able to get your titan back quickly besides getting a cheap kill.
I'm glad if only because it was annoying to trade with a Titan in doomed state and not get anything in return because he nuked and I didn't.

Gator86

I'm excited about this patch. Nuke, devotion, and Tone were among my main irritations with this game. Now I'm just hoping for new content and fixes to stuff like network lag and melee.

Are the two new Live Fire maps supposed to be in place of an actual new map?

When are we getting the next map drop? And when can we expect a full year road map to be properly detailed?

Yeah....... people are stacking Ronin Nuke spam as much as they can before that cheese gets nerfed soon, let's stop playing until then.

Fighting against 3 or more of them that only use Ronin to spam nuke every match now, is annoying as hell.

Especially if it's a person camping with DMR A-Wall.

Is it wrong to like Crash Site? Don't get me wrong, I think the map sucks. But that map basically accounts for half my MVP's nowadays and I think the majority of my best 10 games in Attrition of all time(including my best of all time) have came from the map.

I use to cringe when I see it. But now I see it as a opportunity to rack up a high score as long as nobody else decent is around lol. I just skip that awful uphill/downhill battle at the beginning and head directly to the other side to feast on grunt kills and be the first one to get my Titan. Then I feast on pilots until everybody else starts dropping their titans. I just had a 179 point game which I'm sure is in my top 10 of all time. It's hard to hate on something that's been good to me lol.

Greddleok

Huh, I'm liking the titan changes. Once I get Ronin to G10, I'll go back and play Scorch again, that ADS sounds like a nice change.

Good to see a Devotion nerf, shame there's nothing for Hemlock. It's so close to being fine, just not enough damage drop off IMO.

The Nuclear Eject nerf is huge. I'll definitely be dropping it for Ronin now. Overcore sounds like it'll fill that hole neatly.

tsundoku

Tone:
Reduced Salvo Core's damage.
Increased the cooldown of Sonar Pulse.
Reduced the projectile size of the 40mm.
Leaving ADS now clears the charges

lmao goodbye forever tone
i do like the lie in the patch notes implying salvo core had damage dropoff though

Nuke eject not giving you a full titan meter for barely tagging titans and deleting half their lifebar

that's a start, its still not enough because the problem is always the idiot on the team who gets instantly killed by it, unless the killing blow itself is a significantly smaller amount of meter then the killing blow + all the damage pulses

e: looks like northstar's skillshot rockets that cant hit a stationary target also had damage falloff when she (by default without hover glitching) flies a set distance up into the air and her core is best used against far away groupings that wont instantly shoot her out of the air
lmao
i'll test it out after the patch comes down and see if the core is less absolutely terrible now

Tone:
Reduced Salvo Core's damage.
Increased the cooldown of Sonar Pulse.
Reduced the projectile size of the 40mm.
Leaving ADS now clears the charges

Wait what? I missed this when I skimmed through the changes at first. Is this about the tracker rockets? Meaning you have to ADS to get them and if you leave ADS you have to start all over again? If true, DAMN.

The other 3 I could live with because it wasn't like I thought they were going to cut the core damage in half or make sonar cool down twice as long. But this I just don't think I can deal with. Tone really is fucked. Ronin or Ion here I come.

Arrrammis

Wait what? I missed this when I skimmed through the changes at first. Is this about the tracker rockets? Meaning you have to ADS to get them and if you leave ADS you have to start all over again? If true, DAMN.

The other 3 I could live with because it wasn't like I thought they were going to cut the core damage in half or make sonar cool down twice as long. But this I just don't think I can deal with. Tone really is fucked. Ronin or Ion here I come.

No, the charges are specifically for the triple shot loadout. Previously, you could aim in to charge up the three shots, un-ADS, walk around, and then ADS and fire the triple shot without having to charge it. Rocket lock ons are the same AFAIK.

grendelrt

Some good changes, will be super happy to watch people freak out they cant use devotion anymore. I was really hoping they would add a penalty to people quitting games. Its an epidemic on PC, more than half my games today someone quit on my team. I was down to only 3 players one match so I just quit, which I dont like doing.

No, the charges are specifically for the triple shot loadout. Previously, you could aim in to charge up the three shots, un-ADS, walk around, and then ADS and fire the triple shot without having to charge it. Rocket lock ons are the same AFAIK.

OK, thanks for the answer. I've never used that kit. For the longest time now I've been using the kit that adds two extra missiles to the tracker rockets. With that said, I think Tone will still be fine.

I wonder if the Devotion changes will be all that bad. The fact that it kicks more on the first shot will definitely make it harder to use, but the only other change is the really long distance nerf. I don't know, I guess we'll see when the patch goes out, but it doesn't seem like it's a nerf that will make people completely stop using it.

tsundoku

I wonder if the Devotion changes will be all that bad. The fact that it kicks more on the first shot will definitely make it harder to use, but the only other change is the really long distance nerf. I don't know, I guess we'll see when the patch goes out, but it doesn't seem like it's a nerf that will make people completely stop using it.

it'll still be perfectly usable, the core problem is the absurd amount of autoaim the high recoil weapons get

Top Bottom