• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Poster Report: Sony cuts Vita shipment for France by 50%

[Nintex]

Sony has the cut the Vita shipment in France by 50% according to this report:
http://www.playportable-live.com/news-psvita-40-000-ps-vita-pour-le-lancement-franecais-40179.html

They won't ship 80.000 units for launch but 40.000 units instead. 75% will be the WiFi model, 25% the 3G model. So my fuzzy math says 30k WiFi, 10k 3G.

Doesn't seem that surprising to me because my retailer buddies told me that those European pre-order boxes with free ear buds weren't selling out by a long shot.

How much is Vita in europe?

I distinctly remember being told that Kinect was a complete flop in France after selling 300k at launch.

[QUOTE='[Nintex]Doesn't seem that surprising to me because my retailer buddies told me that those European pre-order boxes with free ear buds weren't selling out by a long shot.[/QUOTE]

I've seen special shelves with these pre-order boxes and you can tell if someone has taken and bought one from the way these pre-order boxes fit in there. And while it is purely anecdotal I have only seen one empty space in any of these shelves over the past weeks, meaning that only one of those pre-order packs has been sold in the stores I visited.
To be fair, though, we mostly pre-order our stuff online and we have no culture of advance payments for this kind of stuff, so it may not be all that bad.

Special J

Banned
earthdestr_51fqixe2.gif

Yopis

Wow im getting cold feet for vita with all the doom and gloom. Might wait a few months to see how things pan out in north america. Got burnt bad with the original PSP-3000.

The pre-order bundles have been incredibly disappointing.

I'm definitely getting a Vita. . .but I haven't seen a single bundle that appeals to me. Ideally I want a retailer to provide a greater discount on a game I want or provide a memory card at a discount rate.

Foffy

Banned
Wow im getting cold feet for vita with all the doom and gloom. Might wait a few months to see how things pan out in north america. Got burnt bad with the original PSP-3000.

I feel like cancelling my order, myself. It's not because of the doom and gloom stuff, I just realize that personally, there's not enough at launch for me to buy it. I bought a 3DS at launch, so I know the pain of there being no interesting games.

All that interests me is Uncharted (barely, I'm burned out by this franchise now...), Army Corps of Hell, and Shinobido 2. Jury's out on the quality of the latter games.

And the games I do want most (Tales of Innocence R, Ys IV) have yet to be confirmed for a NA release.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
[QUOTE='[Nintex]Doesn't seem that surprising to me because my retailer buddies told me that those European pre-order boxes with free ear buds weren't selling out by a long shot.[/QUOTE]

Pre-orders aren't amazing here either.

[Nintex]

Pre-orders aren't amazing here either.

Are there any demo's units around where you are? Because I haven't seen those either and I'm sure the hardware would impress quite a few people especially if they put something for the European market like Fifa or a nice racing title up for display.

This is getting scary......

Now I am actually not sure, if it makes sense to buy Vita on day 1.

I might wait for like 6 months.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was a price drop in the Fall. Either that or a really great bundle with a free game and a $50 gift card.

Elios83

Sony needs to work hard to make this a success.
Unfortunately games and support are not there yet. It's pretty difficult to justify a 250€ purchase with an other extra 50€ for the memory card to play an Uncharted spinoff or the usual Wipeout and Minna No Golf.
I feel that Vita will follow the footsteps of 3DS, miserable post launch sales, Sony in panic mode, price cut to 199€ and big games in time for holiday 2012.

I feel like cancelling my order, myself. It's not because of the doom and gloom stuff, I just realize that personally, there's not enough at launch for me to buy it. I bought a 3DS at launch, so I know the pain of there being no interesting games.

All that interests me is Uncharted (barely, I'm burned out by this franchise now...), Army Corps of Hell, and Shinobido 2. Jury's out on the quality of the latter games.

And the games I do want most (Tales of Innocence R, Ys IV) have yet to be confirmed for a NA release.
Ys IVr was basically cobfirmed by Falcom's president in that Gamasutra interview.

test_account

XP-39C²
Come to think of it, i havnt seen any signs that the Vita is coming out in Europe. No ads, no nothing. A friend of mine had heard about it, but he thought that the Vita was still years ahead to be released.

Probably because of the weak dollar. Converted from my currency to USD, then the Wifi Vita is 396 USD and the Wifi/3G Vita is 495 USD. And still i say that this is a fair price compared to other things on the market.

GeoramA

Wow im getting cold feet for vita with all the doom and gloom. Might wait a few months to see how things pan out in north america.
Getting the same feeling. Plus no good Wi-fi bundles announced yet, along with stupid pricing like Golden Abyss for $50.

Pisses me off, because this was going to be the first handheld I ever got at launch.

Top Bottom