• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My girlfriend is a lesbian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the opposite.

I may not fully understand open relationships, but by its own nature, doesn't it mean she no longer has any strong emotional attachment to you? If someone no longer wants to remain sexually exclusive to you then its a strong possibility that the same is true emotionally. Were you surprised by the breakup

Arthrus

Sorry about your loss, OP. In highschool, one of my closest friends dated a girl who was known to be a bit of a nymphomaniac. After about half a year of their relationship, he figured out that he was gay and broke up with her. He then stayed in the closet about it until two years into university, since he was afraid of being ostracized by his mother and his friends.

Seeing how hard it was for my friend to figure out and accept his sexual preferences, I believe your ex made the decision that will be best for her in the long wrong. Best of luck finding a new partner.

BlueSteel

I may not fully understand open relationships, but by its own nature, doesn't it mean she no longer has any strong emotional attachment to you? If someone no longer wants to remain sexually exclusive to you then its a strong possibility that the same is true emotionally. Were you surprised by the breakup

For us, or at least what I thought we both shared was that our emotional bond was strong, and that the sex was separated from that.

Eh, I don't know haha. I wasn't too surprised by the breakup because after we went into that phase I think I saw the lesbian issue coming.

Tek

I did it reverse - I dated a lesbian for two years who claimed I was the only guy she ever had feelings for. Took her virginity then she became a jehovah witness and became really weird....

and apparently she is back to being a lesbian and the JW are totally cool with that since their latest Watchtower changed the game once again.

The lesson I learned as a 30 year old man dating an 19 yr girl is that..

DUH

Steelrain

For us, or at least what I thought we both shared was that our emotional bond was strong, and that the sex was separated from that.

Eh, I don't know haha. I wasn't too surprised by the breakup because after we went into that phase I think I saw the lesbian issue coming.

rdNeE.gif

The Lamp

So she told you she wants to seek a relationship with a female?

Why are you saying you'll have to be the one to "let her go"?

You are still being confusing as hell.. SPELL IT OUT.

And use bisexual / lesbian appropriately, or indicate what you've meant this entire thread by lesbian.

Calm down. Obviously by "let her go" he's talking about emotionally/metaphorically.

Maybe he doesn't know if she's bisexual or lesbian. His ex-girlfriend could just be using the terms interchangeably to describe herself; after all, it seems like she was confused until this past week.

OP: I know exactly how you feel.

Two months ago my girlfriend of two years broke up with me. At first I thought it was just because we were arguing a lot and some other things. It looked like we were getting back together and then one day she said she didn't want to get back together with no reason why. I kept bugging her about it because it made no sense to me (The week earlier she wanted to get back together)

She finally said that she was wanting to try out girls. I freaked out. I mean we had always talked about having a threesome and who we would pick etc etc but I never thought it was serious. She had an OkCupid profile and that was that. I was pretty devastated for a while.

After a monthish of being broken up and a roller coaster of an emotional ride we ended back together. Apparently she was seeing a girl from OKC and realized that it wasn't her.

So I think you should just hope for the best, better yourself, work out, bang a few chicks and maybe you'll end up back together.

I'm going to tell gaf a secret to staying with beautiful women.

NEVER STOP HAVING SEX WITH THEM. EVER, not one week.

If they're dating another guy, still ask for friendship sex, blow jobs, and try to please them. If they're dating women, the same applies.

As long as you continue to have sex with a woman, she's tied to you. And nobody is going to swoop in getting more sex as long as you're still there.

If they're dating another guy, still ask for friendship sex, blow jobs, and try to please them. If they're dating women, the same applies.

As long as you continue to have sex with a woman, she's tied to you. And nobody is going to swoop in getting more sex as long as you're still there.

Aren't you the guy who got deported because your girlfriend reported you to the police?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485058

Pff, wow. Thanx for the Pro-tip.

Good luck with that strategy.

Aren't you the guy who got deported because your girlfriend reported you to the police?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485058

Yup, I should have never stopped fucking her. When I tried to switch the relationship from physical to emotional I didn't realize that when I stopped requesting sex from her she stopped caring about me.

And actually, if you continue into what happened to me. Her muslim parents and her lied to the police to get me deported. And the police continued to bully me into a guilty plee that I should have never taken. I was deported because of a shit system, because I never threatened or hurt her. I never did anything more than to try keep communication cause I thought I needed her.

Truth is, she just liked being used.

Since than I know whats up. Sex is all there is to a relationship.

I'm a guy. She was the one who first wanted a relationship. We fought a lot at first, but god I loved her. Marry type of love.

Then slowly things started unraveling. She wanted to be in an open relationship last week and wanted to explore other girls. That was my first hint. As the days went by that fear grew.

Bracing yourself doesn't make the impact better.

I know she hasn't found "new vag," but I'm still crushed.

EDIT: No she didn't know, but I'm guessing she had a suspicion of it and held it in.

I know if she is one, then I have to let her go. Still hurts.

That's a hell of a hint.

Yup, I should have never stopped fucking her. When I tried to switch the relationship from physical to emotional I didn't realize that when I stopped requesting sex from her she stopped caring about me.

And actually, if you continue into what happened to me. Her muslim parents and her lied to the police to get me deported. And the police continued to bully me into a guilty plee that I should have never taken. I was deported because of a shit system, because I never threatened or hurt her. I never did anything more than to try keep communication cause I thought I needed her.

So you'd want to keep a relationship with that kind of person going? lol.

Satch

Banned

Let me grab my Handy Dandy Notebook so I can maybe help you get a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom