• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Super Mario Odyssey trailer

DoubleYou

Q1opD5t.gif

Holy shit

roytheone

Hopefully there are still quite a few kingdoms not yet shown in the game. It feels like we have seen footage of a lot of kingdoms already, would be a shame if there aren't many surprises in the full game left :(

Blues1990

I spotted Cave Man Mario and Mario sporting his Donkey Kong arcade overalls in that trailer.

Anyone know what Mario-related game the Cave Man Mario is referencing?

GamerJM

Banned
Feel free to pile on, but this trailer honestly didn't blow me away like the first one did. I'm still really excited for the game, but the more I see that this game really is 64-2 the less excited I get since I didn't really love 3D Mario until Galaxy.

Looks incredible.

Japan has been killing it in 2017. It's probably been since 2005/2006 where we've last seen so many quality Japanese games.

woopWOOP

Alright, pre-release excitement is finally kicking in for me with the release getting ever closer.
No more previews for me after this trailer. Time to stop looking at new footage and discover the open Mario world for myself next month :D

Hopefully there are still quite a few kingdoms not yet shown in the game. It feels like we have seen footage of a lot of kingdoms already, would be a shame if there aren't many surprises in the full game left :(

Didn't Koizumi literally say that there were more surprises regarding Kingdoms that they were not going to show now?

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
This looks absolutely phenomenal. It gets better and better everytime we see it.

I bought Switch as my second console behind my PS4 Pro but the Pro is struggling to get a look in with all these games. Nintendo deserve huge props for the line up they secured for year one, it's crazy.

God, this game looks amazing. It's interesting to see nintendo's new "shrine" approach that we're seeing with BotW and Oddysey (if that makes any sense). Maybe this is their way of subtley tackling quick portability sessions?

EDIT: Also GRAND DAD

Betty

Banned
Utterly remarkable, it's everything I wanted in a sequel to Mario 64 and so much more I could never have dreamed up.

Seems like they upped the resolution finally (900p dynamic I'm guessing). The locales are very creative and the movement options amazing. Looks fantastic, can't wait.

Top Bottom