• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: PCPowerPlay to reveal Rome 2: Total War on July 18

Update:

Ok, so it might not be totally a rumor. A new Total War is said to be announced on July 6-7, according to one of the developers.

This will most likely be shown first at Rezzed, let me see if I can find the link.

Edit: Here it is.

Original:

In the latest issue of PC PowerPlay (the same magazine that revealed Dark Souls PC edition), there is a teaser for the next issue and it is a picture of Rome: Total War. So it is believed that this will be for an announcement for Rome 2: Total War:

lvGLe.jpg

Sethos

Banned
FINALLY!!!

I've been wanting this so bad for years, I say this every. single. time me and my mate are playing Shogun 2 "I'd rather play ROME 2 ... when is it coming". I don't like Shogun :(

MAHGAWD!

Pooya

I will get back into Total War with this I guess, last game I got was Empire and then I lost all interest in the series :s was very addicted to Rome.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
PC PowerPlay has always had big news on Total War, so I believe it.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Loved Shogun II, but yeah. Rome's where it's at.

Lost hundreds of hours to the first, will happily lose hundreds more to this.

Derrick01

Banned
Finally. Rome was my first total war game but I was so blown away by it and none of the others have matched that same feeling. I've been waiting for this for years.

I kind of hope they keep the same voice actors. I want the Australian Centurion advisor and the overenthusiastic battle announcers back.

"The enemy General is running away. This is no way for a leader to behave, but in battle, it's beyond belief!"

"THE DAY IS OUUUURRRRRRRSSS!"

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Oh man where is that crazy "YESSSS!" soccer fan gif when you need it?? That was exactly my reaction when I clicked this thread!

diffusionx

Gold Member
Rome is my favorite in the series by a mile. Just fix up some of the obvious historical inaccuracies with the map and I'll be set.

But the Total War community assured me that it was going to be either World War 1 or the American Civil War.

Very happy with Rome, still have the original installed alongside Shogun 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAlMaVYIzqw

I don't see how a WW1 TW game would work. IMO the latest period they could do is the American Civil War, or other events around the same time period, such as the Franco-Prussian War, Zulu Wars etc. And even then massed formations of troops and sword-wielding cavalry were going out of favour with breech-loading rifles and more advanced artillery coming into play.

FGMPR

Banned
I don't see how a WW1 TW game would work. IMO the latest period they could do is the American Civil War, or other events around the same time period, such as the Franco-Prussian War, Zulu Wars etc. And even then massed formations of troops and sword-wielding cavalry were going out of favour with breech-loading rifles and more advanced artillery coming into play.

Same. Trench warfare would not make a fun TW game, at all.

Ceebs

Am I the only one that plays these games without actually fighting the battles? I am AWFUL at large scale RTS, so I always just auto resolve combat.

Omiee

FINALLY

god i have been waiting for this for a long long long time.

cant wait to see what they can do with this amazing setting for a total war game.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Meh. Hopefully they'll improve AI some more before Shogun 3 comes out in 10 years.

Derrick01

Banned
Am I the only one that plays these games without actually fighting the battles? I am AWFUL at large scale RTS, so I always just auto resolve combat.

I get that way later into the game when I basically become unstoppable. I don't have the patience to spend 20-40 minutes beating on people every other turn. It gets even worse because in Total War games there's usually always one bastard who gets away and basically trolls you by running around the edge of the map. Rome TW1 was the biggest offender of this. You couldn't end the battle until you either caught them or they retreated, and if they kept running around the edge it was nearly impossible to get to them.

KorrZ

OMG Rome 2?>? I've been waiting for this to happen, please lord let it be true. Rome and Medieval 2 are my favourite games in the series by far.

Top Bottom