• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII Won't Be at TGS + Other S-E TGS Line-up News

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
No Versus at TGS... think most people knew this though. Nomura has already decided on the timing of its next reveal, however.
THEATRhythm is the first game as a part of the 25th Anniversary for Final Fantasy.

Their confirmed TGS titles are XIII-2, Type-0, KH3D and Theatrhythm. They'll have the open mega theater again, and the PVs will eventually be released on the web.

KingDizzi

Banned
Will have grandchildren by the time this game releases. Got through the end of high school, sixth form and entering my third year of uni since it was announced. Amazing stuff.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I don't believe it, they haven't fixed the mapping issues two years after they delayed it during E3 2009? Is this a joke.
I'm not impressed, at least give me a taste of this exclusive optimized RPG for the PS3, this is just uncouth.

Seda

I've graduated high school and college since this was announced. Maybe I'll finish graduate studies too before I actually play it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
lol... oh versus.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Seda said:
I've graduated high school and college since this was announced. Maybe I'll finish graduate studies too before I actually play it.
Are you intending to graduate before January-March 2013? That's probably the earliest it will release in the West.

Might be later though, so if you're graduating that semester, you still have good odds.

NateDrake

Maybe they'll shock the world and surprise reveal at Gamescom! I know, I know it won't happen. Wonder how long it'll be until the next showing for Versus.

MrDenny

Im guessing FFXIII-2 will be the focus.
Versus big reveal wont be until SE yearly conference probably in jan.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
NateDrake said:
Maybe they'll shock the world and surprise reveal at Gamescom! I know, I know it won't happen. Wonder how long it'll be until the next showing for Versus.

lol. XIII-2 isn't even going to be at Gamescom.

Seda

Nirolak said:
Are you intending to graduate before January-March 2013? That's probably the earliest it will release in the West.

Might be later though, so if you're graduating that semester, you still have good odds.

It'll be at least 4 years from now if I stay on the PhD track. I just started.

Still, I just want Kingdom Hearts: DDD info this TGS from SE. That's it.

I am still hopeful and excited about this game. I don't know anything about branding or marketing, but would it be practical or even possible for Square Enix to re-brand this game simply as Final Fantasy XV?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Unsurprising.

Versus had better be mindblowing and be really really really good when it's released for the people who are still waiting for it.

Kagari said:
THEATRhythm is the first game as a part of the 25th Anniversary for Final Fantasy.
There are more, eh?

we.are.the.armada said:
I am still hopeful and excited about this game. I don't know anything about branding or marketing, but would it be practical or even possible for Square Enix to re-brand this game simply as Final Fantasy XV?

Yeah, I think they may rename it XV now.

ampere

I finally finished XIII the other day so I have somewhat of an interest in XIII-2, but this game still smells like vaporware.

Defuser

wytRh.jpg

SQUAAAAAREEEE!!!

The rate this is going, it wouldn't shock me if this thing did end up as FFXV. It's also starting to get to the point where we honestly may not see it on PS3, rather PS4, or the next Xbox/Wii U.

Two games of having to put up with effing Light, and this still has no real info. Le sigh.

This game is setting a new record for developement time.. I cant believe they're revealing it in absurdly short glimpses with such long intervals inbetween.

Square's japanese studios are really getting shitty in HD.

VertPin said:
Versus XIII is such a joke.

It has really high production values, a very fun looking combat system, dynamic combat modes for the party members, beautiful music, a seemingly interesting and dark story, etc.

Why is it such a joke, VertPin?

VertPin

SMT said:
I don't believe it, they haven't fixed the mapping issues two years after they delayed it during E3 2009? Is this a joke.
I'm not impressed, at least give me a taste of this exclusive optimized RPG for the PS3, this is just uncouth.
Mapping issues?

The Lamp

Square is a joke lol. This game is probably better as an idea than a tangible product.

-Pyromaniac- said:
Totally expected, when FFXIII-2 comes out, then it will be Versus coverage time :(

We said that about FFXIII...and FFXIV...

Top Bottom