• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Zero Punctuation Thread

As someone who has played a shit ton of Mario 64 and almost no Mario Galaxy (waiting to get a powerful enough PC) I find myself liking Mario 3D Land, but not loving it.

The majority of levels are really easy and just kind of boring. My favorite level is the semi-wide open desert one, probably because it feels the most like a Mario 64 level.

Gameplay-wise it just feels slow. I think this is a change they made from 64/Sunshine to Galaxy, but Mario just seems to need a lot longer to accelerate. It's fine and I'm mostly used to it by now, but it still just feels slow to me. The thing I HATE it how you jump higher the faster you are moving. It just doesn't make any sense to me and feels pretty bad on levels with tiny platforms and almost no room to accelerate. In some cases I guess the charged backflip can help with this problem, but a 64-esque double jump would have been nice.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Q5MaT.png

Uoczr.png

That was a comparison I didn't see coming.

Personally I think they just acknowledged S'06 since it was far easier to rip level assets and spruce them up a bit from modern games (hence all the other very recent stuff in the game) than create another 3 classic/Dreamcast zones.

Found it funny as always but I still really dug Generations.

IrishNinja

fun review as usual - which level was from '06 again? i loved the choice from Unleashed, really only Colors level was a let down for me, kept waiting for him to mention that.

Just saw the Zelda one.
First time I thought he could have gone WAY FURTHER.

Skyward Sword is a terrible, terrible Zelda game. It hurts me so because I love Zelda. The motion controls were the only thing it had going for it, actually. The rest was so bad it was depressing.

Zelda team has lost their way in the Lost fucking Woods.

Kokonoe

Banned
Personally I think they just acknowledged S'06 since it was far easier to rip level assets and spruce them up a bit from modern games (hence all the other very recent stuff in the game) than create another 3 classic/Dreamcast zones.

Found it funny as always but I still really dug Generations.

I know this is rather late, but the reason Sonic 2006 is in the game is because Sonic Generations is about the most important things in Sonic's history, whether it be good or bad.

Sonic 2006 played a major role in Sonic's history.

He destroyed Amy in that review

"If these guys had made Crysis you would only be able to run it on the fucken starship Enterprise"

lol

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So according to him:

RE4 > RER > RE5

Sounds about right.

Yeah, that's about my assessment as well. I was actually surprised how much he didn't hate it despite it's Resident Evilness. He basically described it perfectly as an older style RE with RE4 style controls. I'm not finished with the game yet but so far that's precisely what RE:R is.

Top Bottom