• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming Influences Episode 6 – Pete Davison

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
In this episode I talk with freelance journalist Pete Davison about his history with video game journalism and we also share out thought on old games and HD remixes.

We also talk about the perception of video games in the mass media and how gamers have become more of a community since the dawn of the internet.

iTunes Link

Direct Link

RSS Feed

Official Blog

Shurs

pauljeremiah said:
if you listen to the episode you'll see it's far from Nepotism

It was a joke.

I think the reason why you're not getting the responses you're used to is because an interview can only be as interesting as the person being interviewed.

John Davison = Wow!

Dan Hsu = Wow!

Jeff Green = Wow!

Ashley Riot = Who?

Shawn Elliott = Wow!

Pete Davison = Who?

I'm interested in hearing how some of these well-respected luminaries got their start in the industry and their thoughts on the current state of things. I'm less interested in hearing Ashley Riot worry about whether her "hotness" has something to do with her popularity. Though that was good for a laugh.

Whoa cool, will definitely give these a listen. I was unaware that you were doing these interviews, very cool.

Also we are friends on Steam, I believe because of a 4-pack sale on CAG. :lol

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
Shurs said:
It was a joke.

I think the reason why you're not getting the responses you're used to is because an interview can only be as interesting as the person being interviewed.

John Davison = Wow!

Dan Hsu = Wow!

Jeff Green = Wow!

Ashley Riot = Who?

Shawn Elliott = Wow!

Pete Davison = Who?

I'm interested in hearing how some of these well-respected luminaries got their start in the industry and their thoughts on the current state of things. I'm less interested in hearing Ashley Riot worry about whether her "hotness" has something to do with her popularity. Though that was good for a laugh.

well one of the things I was hoping the podcast was to have game journalists who I respect on and create a larger audience for them.

Shurs

pauljeremiah said:
well one of the things I was hoping the podcast was to have game journalists who I respect on and create a larger audience for them.

I guess I didn't get too much insight with the Ashley Riot interview. She talked about how there are many "great" female games journalists but didn't really mention anyone specifically.

It would probably work best for me to read some of her better work. Could you link me to her best/most insightful article(s)?

Top Bottom