• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Draw Something

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, how many here are addicted? I seriously can't stop playing this game. I have about 20 active games right now. One of them I'm up to 35 turns on. I love it because it's so simple, turn-based (so you can draw when you have a chance), and it provides so many hilarious ah-ha! moments.

EDIT: ADD YOURSELF TO THE NEOGAF
thinks they can
DRAW SOMETHING CLUB
!

View Spreadsheet of Current Members

Direct Link to Add Yourself

Credit to japtor for setting this up.

BTW, I came across this guy's tumblr... AMAZING.

http://saybobby.tumblr.com/

tumblr_m0o3emccTe1rr4nexo1_500.png

tumblr_m0o3bsh7uJ1rr4nexo1_500.png

tumblr_m0o3aalFMx1rr4nexo1_500.png

He must be on a Galaxy Note, though. Still amazing.

Anyway, if you're on this, add me. Same username as my name here. Oh, and spend the $.99 for the full version. No ads makes the game run so much smoother and snappier, and you get more words to draw.

EDIT: Conversation between a friend and I

fJ4an.jpg

lol. I don't know how you could play competitively...? Maybe by drawing worse? Hahaha.

JGS

Banned
I don't understand the rules of it. A friend of mine told me to download last night and I've been playing with here. It's hilarious because we both suck at drawing. However, I simply don't get the point.

I don't understand the rules of it. A friend of mine told me to download last night and I've been playing with here. It's hilarious because we both suck at drawing. However, I simply don't get the point.

There's no point other than finding ways to keep volleying back and forth like a friendly tennis match. Plus, it's fun to see how high you can go in terms of "turns." With my friends, we set a rule that we can only draw medium or hard, so it keeps things interesting.

Haven't used the iOS version, but the Android version is insanely buggy and slow and riddled with basic usability/interface issues.

Spend the 99 cents and you'll forget about that buggy mess known as Draw Free. I was seriously put off by the fact that it would crash every three or so turns on my GNex, but I purchased the full version on a whim and discovered it runs perfectly.

JGS

Banned
There's no point other than finding ways to keep volleying back and forth like a friendly tennis match. Plus, it's fun to see how high you can go in terms of "turns." With my friends, we set a rule that we can only draw medium or hard, so it keeps things interesting.
OK.

I was so confused. I couldn't tell who got more points and how you could get stuff wrong. I drew a horrible picture for wizard and it took my friend forever to solve it but she was still allowed to.

It is fun and funny.

Cromat

Me and everyone I know played non-stop this for four days. Then we all got tired of it because once you have too many games you don't have the time to really make nice drawings :/

reKon

Banned
Game is good but isketch is such a better game and it was more addicting to me. People with the galaxy note probably dominate.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I sadly don't have any devices that could play this, but it reminds me of Broken Picture Telephone. I wish the creator of that hadn't just let it die and abandoned it.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Funny my sister had me to get this app just last night.

I only do hard and one of my words was "Wutang" so I drew a picture of a fat baby Jesus on the cross. Took her like 20 minutes but she finally got and it blew her mind.

incredibly annoying to play on iphone. Still sorta fun though. I rather enjoy drawing all of the musical celebs.

I can imagine. It's why my friend advised me to just get it on iPad.

My friend and I are in a game and she just drew this:

lq7Az.png

It's a pretty fun game. Strangely I still wish something like this existed on 3DS, but I imagine you can make these kinds of games on Swapnote.

Ryaaan14

Banned
This game is my new favorite activity to do while pooping and during tv commercial breaks.

Amazing drawing by one of my partners:

crLrKl.jpg

This guy is seriously too good. He's the sole reason why I'm buying a stylus to use on my Nexus and soon-to-be-in-my-possession new iPad.

tumblr_m0pgaj6WCm1rr4nexo1_500.png

tumblr_m0owtokbGF1rr4nexo1_500.png

tumblr_m0o3kljsIZ1rr4nexo1_500.png

tumblr_m0o3iebAwd1rr4nexo1_500.png

zbeeb

This guy is seriously too good. He's the sole reason why I'm buying a stylus to use on my Nexus and soon-to-be-in-my-possession new iPad.

tumblr_m0pgaj6WCm1rr4nexo1_500.png

tumblr_m0owtokbGF1rr4nexo1_500.png

tumblr_m0o3kljsIZ1rr4nexo1_500.png

tumblr_m0o3iebAwd1rr4nexo1_500.png

wow, and i thought some of my drawings were good! these are incredible.

absolutely loving this game, literally just spent the last hour playing non-stop with the family haha

GrizzNKev

Banned
This game doesn't really appeal to me. There's no challenge, it hands you the answer before you even have to look at the drawing. If there was a number of spaces limit, that'd be fine. But giving you a selection of letters? Boring and easy.

This game doesn't really appeal to me. There's no challenge, it hands you the answer before you even have to look at the drawing. If there was a number of spaces limit, that'd be fine. But giving you a selection of letters? Boring and easy.

Wait what? What's the point of playing if the player just has to unscramble the word?

Ryaaan14

Banned

Yep, that's called mass appeal.

Wait what? What's the point of playing if the player just has to unscramble the word?

Sometimes people suck at drawing. Sometimes you have brainfarts. To me, it's good fun. I love drawing things different than what you'd expect. For example, for Bubbles, I drew the PowerPuff Girl of the same name instead of a fish underwater as I've seen most people do.

It's pretty damn stupid. There is no way to win and it's easy to guess even if the drawing is crap. Not to mention you can't progress past 99 turns. Wtf is that shit about.

iSketch is so much better.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I worked for OMGPOP (the dev) for a while, this game was actually out for Facebook like a year ago and it wasnt popular ... Funny seeing how a good UI and crazy word of mouth can change everything, theyre well over 15 million downloads and its straight up saving the company, its good to see.

I personally didnt work on this though, it was mostly all outsourced except for the UI. Funny that the one megahit happens on the project with 3 people on it, lol

Nori Chan

It's fun as hell and love it. I also bought the paid one just to get some more color into it.

You're also right in saying that it's much smoother. I have like 5 games going on, and my gf and I are on turn 38 so far. Not gonna lie, we text each other a couple answers lol when it's obviously nothing that we both can draw.

This game can be pretty bad when you come across people who aren't good at imagination or charades.

For instance, some gun drew a random girl singing.

I'm thinking how the heck am I supposed to know what that is? I was stuck for the longest time until I remembered that the game had proper nouns AND i'd come across something like this. So I typed in Miley. Got it correct.

This person drew something so generic, and unspecific.

When I got that word I hinted "Hannah Montana"

It's fun as hell and love it. I also bought the paid one just to get some more color into it.

You're also right in saying that it's much smoother. I have like 5 games going on, and my gf and I are on turn 38 so far. Not gonna lie, we text each other a couple answers lol when it's obviously nothing that we both can draw.

Add me. I'm fun! RJNavarrete is the handle.

428759_10150653291703236_561258235_9001591_703828563_n.jpg

419195_10150599840656519_571596518_9098014_1693527416_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom