• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LG promises HDR gaming input lag patch for 2016 OLED sets

EvB

The E6 is better, though. If not for the insane European prices, I would have had one (though I know someone who did find a killer deal on it so it IS possible to overcome)

The B6 and E6 have the same exact picture but the E6 offers more options such as 3D, which isn't bad to have.

Is the difference that significant? The prices look about the same to me

EvB

65" B6 (£2969) here in the UK is £1100 cheaper than an E6 (£4099)

The 55" have about a £500 difference.

E6 has the integrated soundbar I believe.

Ah, I don't think he was complaint about the difference in price between the models, but the price of an E6 in the US and the EU

Merovin

I think I'm a lost cause if I have a 55EF9500? Believe it's a 2015 model, had a browse online and can't find any details relating to a firmware update.

Ah, I don't think he was complaint about the difference in price between the models, but the price of an E6 in the US and the EU

65 E6 - In the US is $4000/£3162 compared to UK pricing of £4099/$5184

Still a fair chunk higher but obviously here in the UK 20% VAT

I think I'm a lost cause if I have a 55EF9500? Believe it's a 2015 model, had a browse online and can't find any details relating to a firmware update.

If it runs WebOS then based on my calls to LG then they are looking in to updating all WebOS firmwares to fix the issue, I've a 850V here in the UK which was a 2015 set too.

lg-hdr-game.jpg
Same input lag as in SDR mode? LG, you did well!

Maybe LG will improve the input lag in the general HDR mode, but since the 2015 sets don't have different HDR picture modes, a special HDR game mode is very unlikely.

Merovin

If it runs WebOS then based on my calls to LG then they are looking in to updating all WebOS firmwares to fix the issue, I've a 850V here in the UK which was a 2015 set too.

Brilliant, hopefully this is something they'll be updating soon then! I really don't want to end up regretting my purchase and it's too soon to be looking for another new TV.

b0bbyJ03

Oh man, I was back and forth between the C6 and B6. Had I known I would have gone with the C6. Oh well, hope we get an update for the B6 soon. They released a new firmware 2 days ago but it only addressed the PS4 HDCP problem not input lag

I don't think input lag has differed between 1080p and 4K for any of the TVs you'd want to buy.
Edit: Ok, there seem to be some.

airjoca

Besides the soundbar and 3D, the E6 also has a very slight edge on image processing and brightness compared to the B6, but it's negligible.

The C/E/G models have always had better input lag than the B series due to the better soc processor on board. I would hope they improve the B but it will likely not match the other series. Sdr gaming on the B was already 10ms higher than the C/E/G in sdr gaming.

f@luS

More than a member.
where is my EU firmware??

im still with my C6 with no hdr game ,and no fix for pS4 pro hdcp :(

Great work. Man, I hope the 2017 sets will improve on this also. Thats what I'll keep telling myself.

My ec9300 has served me well with its input lag in the 20's, but I can't just miss out on all the hdr madness can I?

LG CSs are full of BS though.
I asked them about the C6 model in Canada and they said LG would release the model in October, then November, then this year for sure. LOL. I gave up and imported one.

LG CSs are full of BS though.
I asked them about the C6 model in Canada and they said LG would release the model in October, then November, then this year for sure. LOL. I gave up and imported one.
I'll reiterate the statement I made at the bottom of the post:

Take that however you want in terms of believing LG CS folks, but there you go.

I would prefer to post some level of statement from their group than sit here in radio silence for the B6 owners wondering what's going on.

Adam M

User posted on AVS forum:

attachment.php

Censorship fail haha

I guess LG can't stabilize the input lag that's why the delay

Oh definitely. Have had my eye on both for a long time now. However, I live in the EU, where the C6 is almost as expensive as the E6 :/

I know the feel, I'm european as well and the 55C6 is closer to the B6 in terms of price but the 65 version is almost as expensive as the 65E6, both 65 version are like more than 60% more expensive which is absurd for extra 10 inches, I rather sit closer a bit... But what pissing me off that 65C6 is 20% more here than other EU countries like while the 55 inch version is the same as everywhere.

b0bbyJ03

User posted on AVS forum:

attachment.php

Thanks for posting this here. I hope this is true. Its the only thing that holds my B6 back from me being 100% happy with it. Other than this one thing is so phenomenal.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
It's been a few hours since the C6 firmware released, and the B6 is a different chipset to the others. So while I'm sure everyone is keen to see improvements, it's a bit soon to be getting too worried

It's been a few hours since the C6 firmware released, and the B6 is a different chipset to the others. So while I'm sure everyone is keen to see improvements, it's a bit soon to be getting too worried
Correct. I and others have mentioned this several times in this thread. B6 owners need to take a deep breath and be patient. The set has been on its own firmware path because of the varying chipset from the get-go.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I have a B6 55" and was prompted to update my TV just the other day. I haven't been home much the last couple of days to check what it did, but was that completely separate?

b0bbyJ03

Yeah.... a Tier 1 service rep is not gonna know anything factual

While I do agree with you, the reps generally seem unaware or unsure of things but when I asked (i was on the chat as well) the guy said it with such certainty that I kind of had to guess that he knew what he was talking about. I even said, will ALL 2016 OLED models be getting the update for HDR gaming, or just some, and he said all without hesitation and that it should be releasing in December.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I have a B6 55" and was prompted to update my TV just the other day. I haven't been home much the last couple of days to check what it did, but was that completely separate?
That was to address HDCP issues with the Pro. They certainly seem to be listening to gamers as of late as they should be.

That was to address HDCP issues with the Pro. They certainly seem to be listening to gamers as of late as they should be.

I have the same model. What was the version number of the update? I'm still running 4.30.40 on mine (in the US) and have not been prompted and nor does an update get pushed when I try to update manually from the set. The site lists the same version as well for download.

Did I miss something?

b0bbyJ03

I have the same model. What was the version number of the update? I'm still running 4.30.40 on mine (in the US) and have not been prompted and nor does an update get pushed when I try to update manually from the set. The site lists the same version as well for download.

Did I miss something?

they roll out in waves. different regions get them at different times. Usually with a week or so of the first areas having the update everyone will get it. The new one is 04.30.65. Keep an eye out for it.

they roll out in waves. different regions get them at different times. Usually with a week or so of the first areas having the update everyone will get it. The new one is 04.30.65. Keep an eye out for it.

Yeah, I know. They usually put the new version up on the site for download pretty quickly. Strange they haven't done that this time. I'm fine with manually updating. Hell, I got .40 on there manually.:)

Thanks for the heads up on the version number though.

noomi

This gives me hope for when I get an oled a year from now.

Hah! Wattup haines! Looks like you and I both think alike, planning on an OLED set next year as well. This will be the main living room tv, and then KS8000 will then move to the media room :p

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Oh good! So I can turn HDCP 2.2 back on? I'll try that later.

Glad to see they are taking this seriously. Hopefully a B6 fix is on the way so I can take my set out of the box. If not I'll just return it and pick up one of the 2017 models next year for too much money.

b0bbyJ03

Yeah, I know. They usually put the new version up on the site for download pretty quickly. Strange they haven't done that this time. I'm fine with manually updating. Hell, I got .40 on there manually.:)

Thanks for the heads up on the version number though.

For the last update I had to do it manually as well. It took them forever to update on the site but the weird thing is that when I did a google search I would still get the older firmware so I actually got a link from a forum member to the 4.30.40 firmware. I was confused cause the link he shared had that version but the google search gave me the prior version.

For the last update I had to do it manually as well. It took them forever to update on the site but the weird thing is that when I did a google search I would still get the older firmware so I actually got a link from a forum member to the 4.30.40 firmware. I was confused cause the link he shared had that version but the google search gave me the prior version.

Well if you get a direct link to .65 - don't be shy.:D

Top Bottom