• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP United Front Games

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Starting to leak out now.

Big ups to my friends and former colleagues, it's a tough go of it in the independent studio space.

I'll raise a pork bun this week in your honour.

PaulloDEC

Awful news if true. I got a lot of enjoyment out of Modnation and LBP Karting on the PS3. I hope everyone can find work again quickly.

Incidentally, where does this leave Smash + Grab? It looked really promising to me.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wishing the best for all employees. Hope you find good jobs soon, all.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Guess Smash+Grab didn't work out for them even with the free weekend.

RIP. May they find many a meat bun in their future endeavours.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Smash & Grab looks so good too.

Fuckin'... Fuck Square Enix for that Triad Wars shit. This is on them until I hear otherwise.

Zukkoyaki

Best wishes to every one that lost their job. United Front was a gem and it's unfortunate that Triad Wars imploded which seems to have been what did them in.

Kyoufu

Damn. I hope they all land on their feet.

A huge shame we didn't get Sleeping Dogs 2 in the end. The world needed more pork buns! :(

sikkinixx

What a shame! Sleeping Dogs was one of my favourite B-tier open world games that I hope the GTAs of the world steal some ideas from. I hope those affected can find work elsewhere.

wispsmoke

Neo Member
Damn, they made some really good games. Sleeping Dogs remains my favorite open world gangster game. Feels bad, man.

Best wishes to every one that lost their job. United Front was a gem and it's unfortunate that Triad Wars imploded which seems to have been what did them in.

It's unfortunate they had to made Triad Wars, and not Sleeping Dogs 2.

Everyone from the beginning warned them of the misstep they took. The beta was so poorly received that they shut it down, and now along with it, the studio.

ModNation Racers is an AWESOME game.
It's a shame the loading times are HORRIBLE.
So horrible, you don't want to switch maps. lol

That sucks, Sleeping Dog's was one of my favourite games of the last gen. On the other hand releasing an early access game then closing a couple of weeks later seems a little sketchy?

Top Bottom