• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo brings Picross into a new dimension - this February!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggy

4224709035_8251d903e2_o.jpg

Publisher: Nintendo of Europe
Developer: HAL Laboratory
Releasedate: March 5th, 2010

Picross 3D is based on the worldwide popular Picross DS puzzle game. Picross 3D moves the action into three dimensions and blends the logical challenge of a number-based puzzle with the excitement of discovering the hidden images within.

Features:
# Players start with a solid block of cubes marked with numbers on the end of each row. The numbers represent the number of blocks that will remain in that row. If the number five is marked on the end of a row of six blocks, for example, one of those blocks must be eliminated. But which one? Players must deduce the answer based on the numbers marked on other rows.
# Players tap a hammer to eliminate blocks they think don’t belong or use a paintbrush to mark ones they think should stay.
# Once all the appropriate blocks have been chipped away, a fun object will be revealed. There are more than 350 objects to discover in the game.
# Picross 3D lets players create their own customised puzzles. Players can either share their creations with other Picross 3D players via a local wireless connection or use their broadband Internet connection and Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection to submit their puzzles into a monthly contest. Winners will have their puzzles featured in free weekly downloads available to all Picross 3D players.
# If multiple people want to play Picross 3D, game owners can also send a few sample puzzles to others via DS Download Play without the need of a second Game Card.

So it took them less than a year to bring it over...
Now it's going to be released together with Endless Ocean 2 :)

MrDaravon

I'd be more excited if we hadn't already imported this back in fucking March. With virtually no language barrier, it blows my goddamn mind that it keeps taking Nintendo so long to put out domestic versions of the Picross games. I'm glad they're doing it, but we never buy them because they take so freaking long to come out.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
This is such an addictive game; I recommend it wholeheartedly to anybody who likes Picross and logic puzzlers.

zigg

panda21 said:
came in this thread expecting NoA

I should have known better, but it's Picross, right? No big investment required, just jam in a few words and go...

...and NOA still sits on the thing.

test_account

XP-39C²
Thanks for posting this! :) I was actually wondering a few days ago when/if a new Pircross game would be released for the DS. My mother really enjoyed the first Picross game for the DS, so i will buy this new 3D Picross game for my parents as well (i bought the first Picross game for them). Hopefully the game wont feel totally different just because it is in 3D. But if it does, maybe my parents would still like it :)

and I came in here all excited-- thinking it was great how a Nintendo game not on the recently released schedule gets announced. Lo and be-fucking-hold, it's NOT NOa.

DustoMan

Banned
My wife has played Picross to death so this will make her happy whenever NoA gets their act together and releases this game.

HUELEN10

Knowing NOA, it wouldn't surprise me if it would hit us as a DSiWare release. :(

Will import if it't the case.

pubba

I love me some Picross and have downloaded all of the iPhone copies after finishing the First DS game and then playing the old SNES ones via emulator.

Now I'm going to have to buy a DS again. This sounds too good to miss out on. Picross in 3D? Bring it on!

Imported this last year and the game is absolutely fantastic. On the downside, just ordered this as a gift, and is on its way via play-asia :(

edit: Not NoA?! Well I guess the gift still works.

Kishgal

Banned
Cool, I guess. I'd be more excited had I not gone ahead and gone with the Japanese release ages ago. :\ Good news for people who were more patient than me, though.

nny

Finally! Been on the brink of importing since the game came out, only 2 more months then!

GO NoE <3

meppi

Finally! Been wanting to import this for a while but the asking price is crazy when you think it can be a €30 local release.

Now all they have to do is finally give us a date for Excitebots. Are you even listening NOE!!! :(

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
If NoA doesn't deliver, I'll just import the game. It's not like it'll be the first time this generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom