• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Hitman concept art

Pooya

Radogol said:
Where's the barcode? Is that a scar on the back of his head?
adhesive-bandage5wax.jpg

Nothing to tell from it. All I hope is for more suburb, bright, happy, and public places. Nothing makes you feel like a sneaky assassin like walking out when everyone is still just going about their everyday activities.

EmCeeGramr said:
1) Yes

2) 2 and Blood Money, though they're all good games. Blood Money is the latest and is an amazing game.

co-sign

2 and Blood Money are the best in the series and some of the best stealth games ever. Hitman Contracts (err...3) is 'ok', and Hitman 1 is ambitious for the time but if you're new to the series, 2 and BM are the ways to go.

MMaRsu

Banned
I dont know who to blame IO or SE :lol

Ofcourse, this is just a concept art. However, why are his clothes gone?

Acosta

This is what I call jumping the shark...

Really guys, it´s a teaser image, it´s not even in the category of "vague PR description" to be worth of jumping into conclusions. I really doubt IO is going to take Hitman and transform it on a shooter after all these years and having a developed series with it´s fanbase and all.

Messi

No but transforming it into a post apocaliptic stealth game would be terrible....or hitman in hell... :( please IO make this better.

Messi

disappeared said:
The fire overtones may just be tied into the plot. I doubt IO's stupid enough to pull a RE5 Chris Redfield makeover.

I am hoping that is true, but what about the scar and the back of his head?

Comic-con reveal?

MMaRsu said:
FUCK THAT SHIT?>???!?!!?!?!? That's not happening is it? I want my REAL HITMAN with a suit and tie and no Olyphant fucking this shit up for me man.

I've waited too many years for this sequel if they fuck this shit up because of the mainstream shit going on these days I will never forgive IO! Don't turn this into a Hitman LITE.
hehe, agree completely. but it looks like him doesn't it? think so

MMaRsu said:
However, why are his clothes gone?
hitman is a suit doods sim after all, maybe he is mid-suiting :)))

Ephemeris

Rocksteady33 said:

It's funny. I have played the sequel and yes, it was meh

So lackluster, I totally forgot about it when I made my post. :lol :lol

Seriously. I still don't remember a thing about it. I'm sure I owned it though.

Barakov

Gold Member
I'm waiting for IO to show off the game proper before pressing the panic button.

disappeared said:
The fire overtones may just be tied into the plot. I doubt IO's stupid enough to pull a RE5 Chris Redfield makeover.

This is what I'm hoping for based on the concept art.

PowderedToast

i would like to say that I intensley dislike this concept art and whatever it may stand for.
also; who gives a shit about plots in hitman games. you're a hitman who assassinates people in a variety of ways. all that clone bs has always been the worst part of the series.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
They finally got rid of the stupid bar code behind the head.

"Hi. I'm your local 6.5' feet tall bald dangerous-looking straight-faced flower delivery guy with a bar-code tattooed behind his head and I'm not here to kill you."

Mindlog

I've always wondered. Are the Hitman games any good? Which ones should I play? I only want to play them because Jesper Kyd does the music for them.

sogoodgif
Jesper Kyd did such an amazing job with the soundtracks.

In my ideal world Hitman is marketed to look more like Don Draper than John McClane.

MMaRsu

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
They finally got rid of the stupid bar code behind the head.

"Hi. I'm your local 6.5' feet tall bald dangerous-looking straight-faced flower delivery guy with a bar-code tattooed behind his head and I'm not here to kill you."

Barcode was awesome.. People aren't even supposed to see you anyway.

MMaRsu said:
Barcode was awesome.. People aren't even supposed to see you anyway.

Good point. The good clean kills were always made when nobody even saw your face. Like wiring a barbecue and watching from the treehouse!

edit: calling it now, there's going to be a fire in this game. Somewhere.

Forkball

I had no idea there was a Shadow Man sequel.

And it looks like Hitman is in hell or something. Maybe you assassinate Satan in the last level.

X26

Banned
love the franchise, but ugh, that doesn't look promising

I was hoping for hitman 5 to stop with agent 47's backstory, and concentrate solely on awesome mission that aren't connected (although blood money's real last mission was fuck awesome)

MMaRsu

Banned
disappeared said:
Good point. The good clean kills were always made when nobody even saw your face. Like wiring a barbecue and watching from the treehouse!

edit: calling it now, there's going to be a fire in this game. Somewhere.

Exactly, and generic scar isnt even half as good as a barcode tattoo.

Also, why change the character when he doesnt even need to change! Nobody in the fanbase even asked for this did they? No they didnt. Which leads me to believe IO has taken some freedoms with the Hitman formula.. Ofcourse all just guesses from me..

Pooya

This is not related to the game :p
“Unfortunately, the concept art was created as part of a portfolio,” IO Interactive PR manager Tom Stratton told us. “[It was] intended to showcase an artist’s style or method of work and does not represent any new Hitman game.”
scrawlfx

MMaRsu said:
FUCK THAT SHIT?>???!?!!?!?!? That's not happening is it? I want my REAL HITMAN with a suit and tie and no Olyphant fucking this shit up for me man.

I've waited too many years for this sequel if they fuck this shit up because of the mainstream shit going on these days I will never forgive IO! Don't turn this into a Hitman LITE.

They already did that, it was callled Hitman: Contracts. Thankfully they realised their mistake and gave us Blood Money next.

MMaRsu

Banned
Sorry for bumping this but the other thread was locked..

Like I said I sent an email to IOI asking and stating that they really couldn't change the franchise all that much..
Hi

Given that the information you are referencing is a fake rumor started by unknown persons, we really cannot comment on this in any effective way. Rest assured that we’re not going to damage the Hitman games by doing something the fans won’t like.

Thanks

Top Bottom