• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern Warfare 3 to debut during NBA Western Conference Finals

Just saw the teaser during the 3rd/4th quarter commercial break in the DAL/OKC game.

May 23rd I believe was the date, game 4 of this series.

Revenant

Sho_Nuff82 said:
It will be the most watched sporting event during the month of May in the US?

Well what about the NHL playoffs?

bahahahaha nah just kidding man noone cares about us.

Should be fun to see but I really only plan to rent MW3 this year and don't plan on spending much time in the MP

Nome

Target audience + grabbing new players. Modern Warfare is at a point where anyone remotely involved in non-casual gaming has heard of it. They don't gain as much selling to the hardcore crowd as they do grabbing new players.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Will wait till it hits the net.

Actually, this will be the only time I watch the NBA this year

Rahxephon91 said:
And it begins. Surprised BF3 wasn't dropped earlier.

I think he was joking. The battlefield 3 commercial (with actual footage) debuted during the first round of the NBA playoffs.

Duffyside

Banned
aparisi2274 said:
Didn't they debut a teaser for MW2 during last years finals?
Spending millions of dollars showing a trailer 7 months after a game's release is so stupid only EA would do it.

Jin34

The_Player said:
Not every peson lives in the US, you know.

Well if they could they would show it at the same time during an EPL game too, I'm sure they'll show it on tv in Europe too but NBA playoffs and CoD has a ton of cross-over, its all guys at work talk about.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
What's the most watched event in the UK and other PAL countries in May?
Erm... Have no idea. TV is not a very popular over here. But I believe soccer is nine times more popular than basketball in Europe, isn't it?

Jin34 said:
NBA playoffs and CoD has a ton of cross-over, its all guys at work talk about.
Oh, now I understand. Thanks.

aparisi2274 said:
Didn't they debut a teaser for MW2 during last years finals?

Considering that MW2 was released in 2009, debuting a teaser a full seven months after release would seem a bit counteractive :)

Sho_Nuff82 said:
What's the most watched event in the UK and other PAL countries in May?

Snorkeling.

friskykillface said:
*reads Bulls/Heat had a record number of people watching*

they picked the wrong series.

I'll be watching, want to see it now!

I came here to post that, maybe they will show another teaser for the Eastern finals as well.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
That was what they showed tonight. The Am3rica teaser that you can find in the current MW3 hype thread.
Okay well since that's all they showed in a teaser than maybe they will actually show something significant on the night of the finals.

Mik2121

upJTboogie said:
Okay well since that's all they showed in a teaser than maybe they will actually show something significant on the night of the finals.
I think that's the thing... they will probably show some cut-scenes like with Black Ops and maybe a very short glimpse of the multiplayer (seeing how that's what sells the most), then cut to black and have the MW3 logo show up, and everybody gets hyped lol....

legacyzero said:
I figured as much. Happens this way everytime with an IW game, doesn't it?

The gameplay trailers to Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops debuted during the NBA playoffs. It's just a trend in the entire series now.

legacyzero

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
The gameplay trailers to Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops debuted during the NBA playoffs. It's just a trend in the entire series now.
Oh Crap, I forgot Blops did it too.

Top Bottom