• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2014 Tokyo MX, er, Anime |OT1.5| ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Bullet 4-

This just feels so damn generic on so many levels. The show is like the epitome of grimdark herp a derp shit. Oh and that fight was unsatisfying as fuck.

What's in the basement?

WHAT'S IN THE BASEMENT?

Dude the manga is way better it's just the anime makes it seem generic. The anime also rushed too many things like the fight and really good dialogues that actually make you feel sad it's just here it doesn't do much. Someone even told me the Author doesn't feel to happy about the adaption, and since it's from Kadokawa or whatever their called they always fuck up adaptions like Deadman Wonderland for instance.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
if I could take just a moment to discuss what kind of show selector infected WIXOSS really is, Ipfhfhfffffffffhfhahahfhahahajhfahhahjahjfhhah I can't do it. No pics or webms this week. You can't encapsulate this episode's crazy in a cherrypicked sequence of images. It really, really is Meguca: The TCG: The Show. Oh man. For those of you not watching, just consider the following:

The premise of the show is that girls who play the TCG WIXOSS (and only girls, because boys are gross) will rarely pull a card that contains a sentient kawaii sprite creature thing called an LRIG. Possessing an LRIG turns the girl into a Selector, which means she's forcibly entered into a competition against all other Selectors with the victor becoming the Eternal Girl who can have any single wish granted. If a Selector loses three battles against another Selector, they cease to be a Selector and are out of the competition.

Ruko, the protagonist, becomes a Selector, but she's unique among Selectors because she has no wish. I FEEL LIKE THIS WAS THE DEFINING CHARACTERISTIC OF A CERTAIN FAMOUS PROTAGONIST. HUH. Her friend Yuzuki is also a Selector and wants to fuck her brother. They both befriend Hitoe, a shy girl whose wish is simply to make friends.

By episode five, Hitoe is happy. She says that her wish has already been granted without becoming the Eternal Girl because she befriended Ruko and Yuzuki. She had already lost two battles against Selectors, meaning she was only one loss away from elimination from the competition, but she doesn't really care because she doesn't need magic for her wish to be granted now. Hitoe's LRIG expresses vague concern at the beginning of the episode, telling Hitoe to get rid of her because "something bad will happen". No further explanation is provided. Later that day, Hitoe, Ruko, and Yuzuki agree to meet up for a WIXOSS tournament against non-Selectors. Ruko and Yuzuki are held up, and Hitoe waits alone.

Suddenly, Hitoe is ambushed by a mysterious figure and forced into a game of WIXOSS. She loses and ceases to be a Selector. Because she's vanished from the meeting spot, Ruko and Yuzuki begin to search around the neighborhood for her, finally finding her stumbling out of a tunnel with an empty expression. When they address her, she doesn't recognize them. When they touch her, it causes her physical pain.

Of course, Ruko and Yuzuki both immediately ask their LRIGs just what the fuck is going on here. The answer? "Oh, BY THE WAY. We neglected to tell you because LOL IDK, but IF YOU LOSE THREE TIMES, NOT ONLY ARE YOU NO LONGER A SELECTOR, YOUR WISH IS ANTI-GRANTED. You're not merely ineligible for your wish to be granted, but THE OPPOSITE OF YOUR WISH BECOMES REALITY. FOREVER. But it was just SOOOOOOOO HARD to tell you."

Examples are provided: if you wish to be rich and lose, you'll be poor for the rest of your life. If you wish to be able to play the piano, you'll lose your fingers. Because Hitoe's wish was to make friends, she'll never have another friend for the rest of her life, and if anyone tries to befriend her, she's automatically repulsed by pain. ahahahahahaha. Character who's happy that she won't be alone anymore only to be immediately taken out? NOPE, DOESN'T RING ANY BELLS.

So now, Yuzuki's brother will *gasp* never want to fuck her if she loses. Ruko actually tries to do what it took Meguca the whole series to do and declares that her wish is to undo the curse on Hitoe, but her LRIG immediately informs her that you can't do that because reasons.

Oh yeah, and there are two bitchy psycho fashion models named Akira and Iona who are incredibly strong players and Akira has had this weird sadistic stalker complex toward all of the protagonists and wants to defeat and humiliate them all because who knows.

The SHOCKU #gamechanger plot twist in this episode is such wonderfully fertile ground for batshit Okada drama that this isn't just about quietly enduring a weeby show to screencap some backgrounds. I want to see what happens now, because it's going to be one of those shows.

The other question is which anime endings have left yall feeling satisfied completely?
I would say shows like Full moon O Sagashite, Kinos journey, Steins;Gate, Haibane Renmei, Kokoro connect

Steins Gate left me satisfied, but the movie is definitely worth a watch to leave you even more satisfied. Very well done.

As to the anime whose ending left me the most satisfied it'd have to be Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. My criteria for most satisfied is: I ended the show and felt like I could get nothing more out of it. I didn't feel the need/want to spend more time with the characters, they took me for a ride and I was left very satisfied with its sappy happy ending. I've loved other endings, but this one gave me the most closure. Which is what I hope for in an ending.

The other question is which anime endings have left yall feeling satisfied completely?
I would say shows like Full moon O Sagashite, Kinos journey, Steins;Gate, Haibane Renmei, Kokoro connect

I don't know if that ever applies to me.
Any series that I really liked, upon completion I feel more bittersweet and hollowed. Disappointed that I've reached the end as I had grown quite attached I suppose you could say.

Worst case was upon finishing Evangelion, man that was a roller-coaster.

Mature

The SHOCKU #gamechanger plot twist in this episode is such wonderfully fertile ground for batshit Okada drama that this isn't just about quietly enduring a weeby show to screencap some backgrounds. I want to see what happens now, because it's going to be one of those shows.
Rad. Please keep us updated.

if I could take just a moment to discuss what kind of show selector infected WIXOSS really is, Ipfhfhfffffffffhfhahahfhahahajhfahhahjahjfhhah I can't do it. No pics or webms this week. You can't encapsulate this episode's crazy in a cherrypicked sequence of images. It really, really is Meguca: The TCG: The Show. Oh man. For those of you not watching, just consider the following:

The premise of the show is that girls who play the TCG WIXOSS (and only girls, because boys are gross) will rarely pull a card that contains a sentient kawaii sprite creature thing called an LRIG. Possessing an LRIG turns the girl into a Selector, which means she's forcibly entered into a competition against all other Selectors with the victor becoming the Eternal Girl who can have any single wish granted. If a Selector loses three battles against another Selector, they cease to be a Selector and are out of the competition.

Ruko, the protagonist, becomes a Selector, but she's unique among Selectors because she has no wish. I FEEL LIKE THIS WAS THE DEFINING CHARACTERISTIC OF A CERTAIN FAMOUS PROTAGONIST. HUH. Her friend Yuzuki is also a Selector and wants to fuck her brother. They both befriend Hitoe, a shy girl whose wish is simply to make friends.

By episode five, Hitoe is happy. She says that her wish has already been granted without becoming the Eternal Girl because she befriended Ruko and Yuzuki. She had already lost two battles against Selectors, meaning she was only one loss away from elimination from the competition, but she doesn't really care because she doesn't need magic for her wish to be granted now. Hitoe's LRIG expresses vague concern at the beginning of the episode, telling Hitoe to get rid of her because "something bad will happen". No further explanation is provided. Later that day, Hitoe, Ruko, and Yuzuki agree to meet up for a WIXOSS tournament against non-Selectors. Ruko and Yuzuki are held up, and Hitoe waits alone.

Suddenly, Hitoe is ambushed by a mysterious figure and forced into a game of WIXOSS. She loses and ceases to be a Selector. Because she's vanished from the meeting spot, Ruko and Yuzuki begin to search around the neighborhood for her, finally finding her stumbling out of a tunnel with an empty expression. When they address her, she doesn't recognize them. When they touch her, it causes her physical pain.

Of course, Ruko and Yuzuki both immediately ask their LRIGs just what the fuck is going on here. The answer? "Oh, BY THE WAY. We neglected to tell you because LOL IDK, but IF YOU LOSE THREE TIMES, NOT ONLY ARE YOU NO LONGER A SELECTOR, YOUR WISH IS ANTI-GRANTED. You're not merely ineligible for your wish to be granted, but THE OPPOSITE OF YOUR WISH BECOMES REALITY. FOREVER. But it was just SOOOOOOOO HARD to tell you."

Examples are provided: if you wish to be rich and lose, you'll be poor for the rest of your life. If you wish to be able to play the piano, you'll lose your fingers. Because Hitoe's wish was to make friends, she'll never have another friend for the rest of her life, and if anyone tries to befriend her, she's automatically repulsed by pain. ahahahahahaha. Character who's happy that she won't be alone anymore only to be immediately taken out? NOPE, DOESN'T RING ANY BELLS.

So now, Yuzuki's brother will *gasp* never want to fuck her if she loses. Ruko actually tries to do what it took Meguca the whole series to do and declares that her wish is to undo the curse on Hitoe, but her LRIG immediately informs her that you can't do that because reasons.

Oh yeah, and there are two bitchy psycho fashion models named Akira and Iona who are incredibly strong players and Akira has had this weird sadistic stalker complex toward all of the protagonists and wants to defeat and humiliate them all because who knows.

Don't make me watch this dammit.

Nananana's treasure 4
Tensai is very awesome, certainly best of cast. Juugo is a bit better than a bland protagonist getting dragged along but I don't quite a fixed opinion of him yet

Branduil

idsfeL8BvZipj.gif

Okada... finds a way.

Shergal

I'd almost like to say I want to watch that card game show, but much to my own shame madp's summaries are more than what I need to 'appreciate' it every week.

Black Hat

I'll admit the only reason I'm watching WIXOSS is because J.C. Staff are doing it and I usually enjoy what they put out... and I've found that it is surprisingly not bad for a show whose true aim is to sell cards/products.

inugami-san 4

glasses are alright. the amount of people i know that don't have glasses or contacts is super low these days.

happy bday to biribiri.

Bie8hG5IQAAQbVB.jpg:large

Puchimas!! 27

Producer as a final boss is very anti-climatic.

Youkai Watch 09

ReDlO04l.jpg

Mecha vs not mecha, fight!

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V 04

Seeing smugface lose was best thing ever.

Atelier Escha & Logy 04

God, focusing on unimportant characters is making this adaptation terrible.

No Game No Life 04

I like the crown being cut in half and worn by each sibling.

Ginga e Kickoff!! 06

Fight, Reika Fight!

Kvik

Anybody watching the new Break Blade? How does it compare with the miniseries? From the PV it seems like they reusing old assets :-\

Just a normal, healthy sibling relationship.

http://a.pomf.se/xxycvd.webm

Betrayal by your own card: the unkindest cut.

http://a.pomf.se/pytvwp.webm

Man when you can't trust in the heart of the cards, what can you trust in?

Anybody watching the new Break Blade? How does it compare with the miniseries? From the PV it seems like they reusing old assets :-\

It's not a new series. They just re-edited the movies into TV anime form with a few extra scenes. I don't think it ever attempted to call itself a new series lol

nanana 4

come on one punch man anime...

and 3d splunky on famicom? and the last place to see some half decent CQC this season.

I think the show is getting a bit up its ass, but i like how master detective is badass, and the protag is kinda badass too.

also fgc ain't this moe.

iMabWeehOwP7L.gif

cajunator

Banned
nanana 4

come on one punch man anime...

and 3d splunky on famicom? and the last place to see some half decent CQC this season.

I think the show is getting a bit up its ass, but i like how master detective is badass, and the protag is kinda badass too.

also fgc ain't this moe.

iMabWeehOwP7L.gif

why would someone
kill a cute person like her?
She must have done something.
I really love the eye designs in this show a lot.

Nananana Treasure 4

Not a very satisfying conclusion to this little arc.
Glasses dude was aiming to kill Juugo and he gets off without a single punch. That's not some shit you can just say sorry for and expect everything to be okay. Dude's posse deserved shit as well.

CorvoSol

Ok. I think I need to watch Wixoss right now.

I confess I feel tempted to do the same, haha.

Just a normal, healthy sibling relationship.

http://a.pomf.se/xxycvd.webm

A hairbrush is just one side of the head away from being a toothbrush.

Armored Trooper VOTOMS 22

Hey kiddos, do you like the animus? Yeah! They're really great shows about all kinds of friendly, cool things, huh? Like take them there giant robuts for instance! Ain't nothin' kid friendlier than a show about dudes in giant robuts beating up baddies, right?

'Cept there's this really weird thing where when a robut isn't so giant, stuff stops being so kid friendly. And instead you get to watch a war criminal mercenary blow up a family of innocent people with a machine gun to get his jollies off. Or fire upon a temple full of priests who cannot defend themselves and go on a tirade about how he was right because it was a secret enemy base. Or how a good man joins up for the military for no reason when he'd be better off with his new girlfriend and not bleeding in this miserable jungle for a cause in which he has no investment at all!

What I'm trying to say is, short of seeing actual gore, VOTOMS is doing an amazing job of showing you just how fucking horrifying Space Vietnam is. And if memory serves, this arc did begin with some gore when a machine gun blew a man in two right at the start.

Holy crap this show, man. Why can't Gundam get this real?

Link Man

Banned
Inugami & Nekoyama 4

I must say, I think I appreciate Inugami's taste in girls. Also, know that new glasses feeling all too well.

Yes and no. JP ones are largely.
With anime though 90% of US releases are locked and so are UK releases. (that don't get US ones.)

Not true, most anime is released in Japan and most Japanese anime is region free!

Oh, ok. Didn't know that most JP ones are region free. Only knew that some box sets were.

You know, i may have finished it but some questions about Ergo Proxy still linger with me.
Just what exactly was the "Pulse of the Awakening"?
What exactly is up with Proxy One and Ergo Proxy?
What is so special about Vincent/Ergo that lets him survive everything in the final episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom