• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor Warfighter - October. Danger Close. Frostbite 2.0

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/02/23/medal-of-honor-warfighter-revealed.aspx

The next Medal of Honor game is coming this October.

According to the latest issue of OXM, the game is called Medal of Honor: Warfighter. The sequel to the 2010 reboot is again being developed by Danger Close studios and follows the story of Tier 1 Operators. Multiplayer is being developed in house this time, not by DICE.

The game also uses the Frostbite 2.0 engine, the same engine that powered Battlefield 3.

EA will have more to show at the Game Developer's Conference in San Francisco next month. In the meantime, check out the new OXM for more details, interviews, and screenshots.

xnvkB.jpg

Cudder

Hope they keep the groundedness of the single player from the last game. Dat mission when you're on the bottom of the hill and have to survive..DAT MISSION

survivor

Banned
I got the first one for 10 dollars so it's not like I have much to complain about. The SP campaign was pretty average so I hope they will expand on it. Didn't care much for the MP, it was pretty boring so having no DICE involvement isn't a big deal to me.

LiK

Hope they keep the groundedness of the single player from the last game. Dat mission when you're on the bottom of the hill and have to survive..DAT MISSION
I really enjoyed the sniper mission. Want more of that.

Nizz

So they're not calling it MoH2, huh. Great that they're using the same engine for both the SP and MP. I felt a strong disconnect between the first game's SP and MP because of the different engines, felt like what it was basically: two games in one package.

The game should look good using Frostbite 2 but I hope to God almighty the game doesn't suffer the same input lag as BF3 on PS3.

quartet4

Neo Member
Dat mission when you're on the bottom of the hill and have to survive..DAT MISSION

Instead of trying to compete with Call of Duty and Battlefield they should make a multiplayer mode based on that mission. Give the "opposing forces" bigger numbers and less accurate or powerful weapons, while the fewer "allied forces" have to survive until the calvary arrives.

Fezan

first one was like complete garbage from forgettable singleplayer to bland multiplayer....hopefully sequel will be better

Ha! Hahaha, they did it, they finally did it! They made the most generic name! That's it!

Quick, drop balloons from the ceiling! CONFETTI EVERYWHERE!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I hope the campaign is more than 4 hours long this time. 2010 took 2 hours to get good/exciting and then the good part was over in a flash and the game was done.

I was even playing on hard to try to eek a bit more time out of it.

Veritas_

Instead of trying to compete with Call of Duty and Battlefield they should make a multiplayer mode based on that mission. Give the "opposing forces" bigger numbers and less accurate or powerful weapons, while the fewer "allied forces" have to survive until the calvary arrives.

Something I loved about the MOH multiplayer was the Combat Mission game mode. I really hope they either bring it back or expand on it like this. It was a nice twist on the usual rush formula to disguise it as a developing operation. If they introduced new game play components like "hold position X for Y time" then they could make something really cool. Maybe one "stage" of the mission is like that, where team A has to hold an objective for so long against instant respawn team B, but one person on team A gets to control an AC-130 or some other air support.

it's just a nice change from the usual team deathmatch.

That was funny. I was sailing through the game until that point. OMG it doesn't end, was all I could think. Very intense. Very impressive.

kuYuri

For those who don't know, Warfighter was the highest rank you could reach in MoH multiplayer. Hence the name.

Was anyone else pissed off with the way bullets hit you in single player, both in MoH and BF3? If you're crouched you stand up for a second and in the next milisecond you have at least 3 bullets lodged in you. The worst part (and you can see it in all its glory if you play co-op in BF3) is that the enemies don't even aim at you. They stand stand there, hiding, and bullets fly at you from some place you cannot fathom.

Massa

Because it's just another modern shooter that will be inferior to BF3/MW3 in just about every way?

If by "every way" you mean multiplayer, then maybe you're right. SP-wise Medal of Honor is the better franchise judging by the latest entries.

Shit. Thought it was gonna be a combat flight game.

That flight sequence in BF3 SP was fucking gorgeous! Best on rail sequence in games. period.

Effect

Actually looking forward to this. I enjoyed the SP in MoH, more so then BF3 (outside of the Tank and Russian missions. Those were pretty good.). That multiplayer in MoH though, ugh. Hopefully that will be better this time around.

The_Monk

I really liked this past year Medal of Honor SP. MP had some good moments but life in it was one thing that was lacking, still got one class maxed out.

Let's see about this one.

dummydecoy

I hope the framerate is solid with no screentear, especially the PS3 version.
subHD be damned.
Hated MOH1's framerate and quit BF3 coz of the screen tear.

Effect

A Wii U version of Battlefield 3 is likely out of the question at this point. So hoping that this gets announced for the system at E3 given the relationship EA has with Nintendo. Even if it's a month late.

Top Bottom