• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concept Artwork For "Epic Mickey"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike

Sinatar said:
Warren Fucking Spector bitches.

This better not be leaking because it's cancelled or I'm gonna have to stab some folks.

I'll take care of it if it is.

w0knee.gif

Pretty sure it was the GDC 08 podcast of GFWradio where Spector had said he's working on something for Disney and the stuff he was showing them he was amazed at what they were letting him get away with.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Not hard to see the motivations - if Disney start making their own Disney games (given they have inhouse dev now) then they can start making their own bank without needing to collabourate with anyone else and share the resulting $$

Heard a lot of good things about the project, but not heard much in a while so hope it's still alive.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
wasn't warren spector working on something like this, or am I getting my wires crossed?

GhaleonQ

I want 2 things to make this different from the usual dance through Pocahontas or whatever: a Miss Ruby/Octavio from Sly Cooper or Gitaroo-Man-like rhythm section against mecha-skeletons from "The Skeleton Dance" and a horrifying tower level based on the famous "The Old Mill" short.

icecream said:
I haven't seen many platformers that go hand in hand with wonderful epics. Though perhaps I'm thinking too much of old 2-D ones.

Actually, yes. An adventure game in the vein of Heavy Rain/The Dig would actually be a pretty good idea.

0-2!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
JMC said:
Yeah. This is mentioned in the quote in the OP.
I read the first sentence and then got distracted by the awesome art. My bad.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I find it hard to believe Disney would have gone along with this... at least, the specific images.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
DavidDayton said:
I find it hard to believe Disney would have gone along with this... at least, the specific images.
I wouldn't have thought they would have released a PG-13-rated Pirates of the Carribean under the Disney label, but they did.

Linkup

The old Disney cartoons are so awesome. If this game could bring half of the humor, imagination, and feel of those worlds, we'd be in for something epic. The second and last pieces of art are great.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
What are the chances of getting some credible information about this any time soon?

icecream

Public Health Threat
Metal Gear?! said:
You know exactly what I meant
But in the context of western gaming, why would you think of the JP conventional style? Western ADVs are all about exploration games like Monkey Island or Broken Sword.

I feel a game with emphasis on free exploration and interaction with the world and environment without too many forced gameplay mechanics other than means to advance the story would be an awesome way to present a game like this.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
StormyTheRabbit said:
There has to be someone on GAF that has some fucking inside infooooooooz.
There's a rumor that he just did this as a test to convince Disney to hand over an IP he really wanted. Pretty sure this art dates back to 2007.

And JP was hiring for a dissimilar sounding project a few months ago.

But I really, really hope this is still in development.

Last I heard, it was cancelled.

I am pretty sure the concept has been pitched more than once in hopes it will make it. I doubt anything has come of it.

cuyahoga

If this canned or was just a pitch, can we turn this thread into a petition to convince Disney to reverse their decision?

cuyahoga

It seems the common enemies found in this game are called Beetles and Beetleworx.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
I sort of laughed at the idea of Warren Spector working with Disney's IPs. I take back my words, the concept art looks amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom