• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Release Date Accidentally Leaked

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
An article by The Guardian accidentally spilled the beans on exactly when you might be able to get your hands on Big Boss’s next adventure, but they were incredibly quick to remove the reference.

guardian-release-dateuliy0.png

That’s an awfully specific release date, considering the potential of it just being something made up by a fan of the franchise. More likely the date was given in private and then ‘accidentally’ published, only to be removed minutes later. The line now reads ‘early 2015,’ although no mention of the gaff has been made.

http://www.gamesreviews.com/news/07/phantom-pain-release-date-leaked/

http://www.theguardian.com/technolo...view-metal-gear-solid-phantom-pain?CMP=twt_gu

http://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearso...l_gear_solid_v_the_phantom_pain_release_date/

Edit:

from the other thread:

2014-07-1818_06_45-ne3sq8y.png

2014-07-1818_07_07-mezxon5.png

Alienous

Ground Zeroes released on the March 18, 2014.

Perhaps they confused the dates, and just fucked up. But the 17th of March is a Tuesday in 2015. So that would work out. Hmm.

Tucah

you speak so well
That's way sooner than I expected, I was thinking late 2015 for sure. I'll believe it when it's officially announced.

Dawg

At first, I was like "wow, sooner than expected".

But actually, it wouldn't be that strange. Kojima hasn't designed a new MGS game since Peace Walker. That game will be five years old when TPP hits. Hell, it's been seven years since he released MGS4, the last big MGS on consoles. I'm obviously not counting Ground Zeroes (which is part of TPP anyway) and the HD collections.

Elios83

If it's so soon it means that the announcement is imminent, Gamescom or TGS.
But imo it will be released later, mid-2015 (May/June) like MGS4.

Incredible, if so. Isn't Bloodborne releasing around then? Would be funny if both the Souls successor and Metal Gear got lumped together in March -- again. Anyway, seems early, but feels right the more I think about it.

Alienous

Thinking of it as a year after Ground Zeroes, almost exactly, I'm pretty sure it was a mistake, and removed because they confused the titles or assumed The Phantom Pain came out precisely a year after.

I don't think the date is right... much sooner than we all expected.

I think around next summer maybe.

Plus we already have so many games in the spring, it would nice to have one big game for the summer which is usually dry.

I hope Ground Zeroes will be a PS Plus / Gold game in February or March then. Konami would be stupid to miss the exposure they would get from that.

it would be amazing if they focus development on PS4 and churn it out by march. delay the other consoles a month or two for porting/optimizing

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Really hope it's true, would make a great birthday present

I hope Ground Zeroes will be a PS Plus / Gold game in February or March then. Konami would be stupid to miss the exposure they would get from that.

I woulda thought the sales for GZ will spike just before TPP, had I not allready played it I know I woulda broke down and bought it before the main event.

Shit, that means I need to beat MGS 2-4 and Ground Zeroes before then.

if you only play 1 make sure it's MGS 3. Not only is it by far the best, it's the only one set before MGSV so would probably be the most relevant.

Gurish

If nothing gets delay 2015 will be the biggest since 2007, until than we have to deal with 2014 where a Remaster is one of its biggest releases :)

Simo

MetalGear.net is still active?!

Wow. That place brings back memories. Is Leo still running it? He never had contacts with anyone in Konami before but then the site is one of the oldest MG sites around so who knows who Leo has had contact with.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
MetalGear.net is still active?!

Wow. That place brings back memories. Is Leo still running it? He never had contacts with anyone in Konami before but then the site is one of the oldest MG sites around so who knows who Leo has had contact with.

Yeah Leo still runs the site, absolutely love the new layout. He also streams some Metal Gear from time to time.

He hates me for posting this on GAF lol, he said he will get lynched.

boinx

Awww shiit if Metal Gear and Bloodborne are going to release in March, gonna be a month of goty contenders.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Awww shiit if Metal Gear and Bloodborne are going to release in March, gonna be a month of goty contenders.

in 2015, every month is the month of goty contenders

Top Bottom