• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amy Hennig has left Naughty Dog [confirmed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjohill

Numerous trusted sources close to Naughty Dog have verified Hennig’s departure from the studio. She was writing and leading development of Uncharted PS4. Her final day at the studio was Monday, March 3.
Sources claim Hennig was “forced out” by The Last of Us’ Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley, and explained that Uncharted may now come under their control.
Update: Sony has verified Amy Hennig's departure. A representative told IGN, "We can confirm that Amy Hennig has left Naughty Dog. Amy has made significant contributions to the game industry and we appreciate all she has done for Naughty Dog. The development timeline of Uncharted will not be impacted."
http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/03/05/uncharted-ps4-writer-amy-hennig-leaves-naughty-dog

Crazy that's she's gone

def sim

what the heck

A big, big reason I maintain interest in Naughty Dog games is because of her. I love the LoK series. This is truly disappointing to hear.

Whattttt

Perhaps Druckmann and Straley will control a team each? Hennig would be below them in pecking order but that's some big talent to lose

Forced out? No really, what the fuck?

Sources claim Hennig was “forced out” by The Last of Us’ Neil Druckmann and Bruce Straley, and explained that Uncharted may now come under their control.

Oh, makes sense.

I'm disappointed because she is amazing but also I think Neil is extremely capable so I'm not fearing anything quality wise, plus it might mean Amy might get to do something else...

....soul reaver pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom