• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Will Be Out This Holiday For ‘All Home Consoles,’ Leaked Poster Says

Delay if old

Watch Dogs Will Be Out This Holiday For ‘All Home Consoles,’ Leaked Poster Says

Watch Dogs, the impressive-looking game that stole the show at last year's E3, will be out this holiday for "all home consoles," according to leaked marketing materials received by Kotaku today.

Check the images below to see both the front and back of the marketing materials, which mention a quote from G4 about the game being a "truly next-gen adventure."

All home consoles. Truly next-gen adventure. Could publisher Ubisoft perhaps be hinting at something? As most people predicted last year when the French publisher showed Watch Dogs in action, this is indeed a next-gen game.

Ubisoft has already confirmed that the stunning open-world game—a cyberpunky adventure that involves a lot of computers—will be coming to PC, PS3, and Xbox 360. Now it's become clear that it will also be on the next Xbox and PlayStation, which have not yet been announced but are expected this holiday season.

But will Watch Dogs also be out on Wii U? Ouya? Shield? "All home consoles" could mean a lot of things.

We've also recently heard that Watch Dogs was originally a Driver game. We've asked Ubisoft for comment both on that and the console situation, and we'll update should we hear back.

Here's the poster:

medium.jpg
medium.jpg
http://kotaku.com/5984553/watch-dog...iday-for-all-home-consoles-leaked-poster-says

PS360OrbisDurangoU

I don't think it'll hit Ouya or Shield. Wii will still be selling this Fall, I doubt it'll be out for that....

Derrick01

Banned
This could be a big game for the 2 next gen consoles to have around launch if it ends up looking and running like it did at E3.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I imagine this has been slated for the Wii U for a while.

But I think its fair to question at this point whether Ubisoft will just cancel the Wii U version.

pargonta

is that revenge backstory new?

i don't remember all that.

also lol, former thug, the seeds of obsessive violence are sewn beautifully in there.

Revven

Could be a cross-gen game, for sure. If it's on the Wii U and has interesting features because of the GamePad I might pick it up for that. If not, PC or PS3 it is.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Kotaku's Editorial Department said:

But will Watch Dogs also be out on Wii U? Ouya? Shield? "All home consoles" could mean a lot of things.

Ehh, not really.

CengizMan

So... Will it be a multiplatform and multigeneration game? Or does it simply mean "available for consoles that we aren't allowed to talk about yet"?

73V3N

Banned
I imagine this has been slated for the Wii U for a while.

But I think its fair to question at this point whether Ubisoft will just cancel the Wii U version.

If they cancel the Wii U version, why not just also cancel the PS4/Duranto version?

i mean, the Wii U userbase is bigger than those anyway.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I think its smart for pubs to do this, i think alot of fall games will be both current and next gen releases.

There is going to be a ton of 3rd party stuff that releases on 4-5 home consoles for a while I think, one reason I'm a bit hesitant to declare that PS4/720 will be hits right out of the gate.

Derrick01

Banned
I really do wonder if they will do somewhat enhanced PS4/Nextbox versions.

The game was being designed on a high end PC with the goal of putting it on the next gen consoles. I think at the time (last E3) the only concern was if both or even one would hit the Fall of this year.

If anything the ps3/360 version will just be thrown out there.

evangd007

I think its smart for pubs to do this, i think alot of fall games will be both current and next gen releases.

Might be good for publishers, but bad for platform holders. I feel it will hurt sales of the new consoles.

Buy the PS4! It has all the same games as the PS3!

Horns

I am expecting many will be slightly delayed for the next gen release. So we'll get a bunch of the Fall titles on current gen, then during Q1 of 2014 we get the next gen versions with a few tweaks and improvements.

Top Bottom