• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless something changes, my Fire Emblem preorder is coming after the weekend. I could have ordered it today and gotten free one day shipping. They didn't even bother upgrading my preorder to one day shipping. So pissed right now.

superbad

Have any of you guys had experience buying tvs from factory direct? Im looking at this cheap 4k model there that reviewed positively in 2013 but im wondering how refurb tvs hold up?

Users on RFD slag Factory Direct to no end.

I bought a 50" 4K Vizio from them back in August and it's been nothing short of excellent.

If I sign up for Amazon Prime free trial, I just have to provide my card number and cancel at any time, or is that a trap to start charging for membership on the offchance that people don't realize?

Ventara

If I sign up for Amazon Prime free trial, I just have to provide my card number and cancel at any time, or is that a trap to start charging for membership on the offchance that people don't realize?

I'd say both. It'll charge you if you forget and don't cancel, but if you cancel, they won't charge you.

They're really good at offering refunds in that case. My parents forgot to cancel their free trial and got a full refund days after they were charged. They called Amazon support instead of using web chat though, if that helps.

They're really good at offering refunds in that case. My parents forgot to cancel their free trial and got a full refund days after they were charged. They called Amazon support instead of using web chat though, if that helps.

I'd say both. It'll charge you if you forget and don't cancel, but if you cancel, they won't charge you.

Thanks. Ended up signing up to finally get the tempered glass screen protector.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Unless something changes, my Fire Emblem preorder is coming after the weekend. I could have ordered it today and gotten free one day shipping. They didn't even bother upgrading my preorder to one day shipping. So pissed right now.

My Amazon order, placed Wednesday, arrived on time. Problem is, it was delivered to my office and I'm off from work this week..

Qwyjibo

The Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 for PS4 seems to be $44.99 everywhere (Amazon, Best Buy, EB). I guess it's finally time for me to try one of these games.

Luigi87

My Fire Emblem LE I ordered yesterday on Amazon shipped already surprisingly.
Of course it's Saturday of the long weekend, so I won't see it until Tuesday, but considering the estimate ship date wasn't until the 25th, that's pretty good.

My Fire Emblem LE I ordered yesterday on Amazon shipped already surprisingly.
Of course it's Saturday of the long weekend, so I won't see it until Tuesday, but considering the estimate ship date wasn't until the 25th, that's pretty good.

Yet mine has been "shipping today" for 3 days now.

farisr

Glad that Crash Trilogy was changed up for proper prime discount off 49.99. Cancelled my orders and made news ones. Looks like a couple of CSRs are gonna be happy they don't need to go back and do work on those orders anymore.

whats a good hdmi switch for the nintendo switch, the one i have doesnt seem to play well with the nintendo switch

I use a monoprice blackbird, works great. FYI some work with 4k signals, and some don't. So if you have an xbox 1 or ps4 pro, mixed with your Nintendo switch, and a 4k tv, make sure you buy the right one.

Iced

whats a good hdmi switch for the nintendo switch, the one i have doesnt seem to play well with the nintendo switch

If the issue you're having is that it keeps switching back to the Switch every once in a while, it's not the fault of the switch but rather the Switch.

mdubs

Banned
If the issue you're having is that it keeps switching back to the Switch every once in a while, it's not the fault of the switch but rather the Switch.
Nintendo's consoles don't seem to play nice with HDMI switches, I've had the same problem with the Wii U and the Switch

RS4-

I went to staples today to try it and it's really comfy. they were sold out so I'd have to wait till Tuesday to pick it up and I can't wait.

Thanks for showing me this awesome pick

No buy for me since I'm tall, and it'll just hit my back and shit.

The Ikea Volmar isn't bad, but it's $380, that's not worth it at all when you can get second hand Aerons, Leaps, etc lol. So instead of the Markus, I'm just gonna save up for Herman Miller, Steelcase, and such.

Nintendo's consoles don't seem to play nice with HDMI switches, I've had the same problem with the Wii U and the Switch

Me too. I have 2 HDMI switches from Monoprice, and they both seem to have an issue with my Wii U, specifically, they have an issue with displaying blue colour schemes. It;s especially evident when booting up Windwaker. For example, If I were to leave it on the intro screen, the screen will start to have flickering black lines appear, which only gets worse when the camera shows ocean/sky only scenes during that segment. It's quite frustrating. None of the other consoles that are also hooked up to the Switch (XBONE, PS3) have that same problem.

i was able to fix that problem on the wiiu but cant on the nintendo switch, would a hdmi switch with external power work better?

Sorry, I must have missed it, but what problem did you have with your Wii U, and how did you fix it?

Me too. I have 2 HDMI switches from Monoprice, and they both seem to have an issue with my Wii U, specifically, they have an issue with displaying blue colour schemes. It;s especially evident when booting up Windwaker. For example, If I were to leave it on the intro screen, the screen will start to have flickering black lines appear, which only gets worse when the camera shows ocean/sky only scenes during that segment. It's quite frustrating. None of the other consoles that are also hooked up to the Switch (XBONE, PS3) have that same problem.

Sorry, I must have missed it, but what problem did you have with your Wii U, and how did you fix it?

same as nintendo switch, would switch to wiiu when off,, fixed it by turning off all standby functions of the wiiu

trixx

Dint know the yellow joy cons were available for pre-order. I don't even know if I should buy it tbh, But I'll check around

Luigi87

Dint know the yellow joy cons were available for pre-order. I don't even know if I should buy it tbh, But I'll check around

I thought they were meh at first, then I saw videos of people using them and I was like "Dammit, I kind of want them..."
But then there are the Splatoon neon Green/Pink ones in the Fall, and I really want green joy-cons D=

jchung55

Anyone order Injustice 2 off Amazon? I've been waiting on it since launch, i guess its still back ordered. Anybody in the same boat?

There's not that much of a difference moving a 40" TV versus a 50" one really. It's just a few more inches in width and height (it's 10" diagonal)

I was surprised when I compared the 40 and 50 side by side and didn't hesitate for a second.

Edit : here's the 43" version at Walmart https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/vizio-...ltra-hd-full-array-led-smart-tv/6000196976153
I was doing some shopping at Wal-Mart today, and decided to pop over to the electronics section to check out some TVs. They didn't have any Vizio 43" in stock, but they had a 50" Vizio D50-E1 on display, and what a beauty. Decently priced, too.

You were right though, the size difference isn't as dramatic as I thought. Might actually end up going for a 50" in September. (still skeptical about moving it, though - it's a 3+ hour drive and my truck pan is pretty small)

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking to pick up a new 32 GB SD card for my 3DS. Haven't bought one in years, so I'm out of the loop with prices and quality. Any suggestions?

AtlantiC_CodeX

Neo Member
No buy for me since I'm tall, and it'll just hit my back and shit.

The Ikea Volmar isn't bad, but it's $380, that's not worth it at all when you can get second hand Aerons, Leaps, etc lol. So instead of the Markus, I'm just gonna save up for Herman Miller, Steelcase, and such.
I'm 6.05" thats why I had to try it before ordering. The chair was fine with me and comfy, the head piece is just at the right spot.

I found this in my local wm for 200$:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00HNJWU3G/

Is it worth it? Idk much about cams

NYR

I'm looking to pick up a new 32 GB SD card for my 3DS. Haven't bought one in years, so I'm out of the loop with prices and quality. Any suggestions?
At a $0.50 a gig and for 32 GB, you're not going to find a big difference among brands, you really can't go wrong with any of the major brands. Just make sure it is a class 10 SD card, you can tell on the SD card, it will have a number on it.

I'd go with this one:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B012PL6EMY/

JDH

At a $0.50 a gig and for 32 GB, you're not going to find a big difference among brands, you really can't go wrong with any of the major brands. Just make sure it is a class 10 SD card, you can tell on the SD card, it will have a number on it.

I'd go with this one:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B012PL6EMY/

Lexar is top notch, good rec.

-SG

Do GoPro HERO4 Silver's still go on sale at Costco from time to time? I remember my brother getting a sweet deal from there and now that I've decided to get one, I'm wondering where the best deal is.

Sylwest

I personally will not buy Lexar products. A while ago I bought two USB sticks and both were corrupted after a few months of use. At the time I only used them for school documents too. I really like Sandisk though. I've never had issues with that brand, but I think they're a little pricier.

For my New 3DS XL, I currently use a 32GB ADATA which I bought from Canada Computers. I think I got mine for 13.00 - 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom