• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GWENT closed beta now underway

Qvoth

woke up and still nothing
wtzgU.gif

Wagram

I was playing World of Final Fantasy then I got a random invite.

I am absolute shit with the starter Scoia deck.

so civ6 came out.
now i'm installing this...

how will i get any work done this week :(

it feels like it has been decades since i've played a card game (or any strategy game) without a resource cost for playing things

Outrun

I think the whole presentation part of the game isn't like to change very much, unless they get a lot of negative feedback Since this is is my own personal opinion, I don't assume a lot of other players are going to feel that way. Could be wrong, though.

Plus, if you can't criticise, what's the point of a beta?

I agree.

To more feedback that is given to the dev, the better.

I think the whole play area is more small.

The cards are hard to read.

The art direction looks like it is a step back with The Witcher III Gwent subgame.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The impulse triggers on the Xbox One version can be a little much at times.

Yeah this is legitimately hilarious. Whenever you use something like Scorch or pass the turn the controller has the fiercest vibration I've ever felt.

Jerrod

I've played the tutorials and 2 games online and like it so far except that I dislike how nearly every card buffs or debuffs one or more units, it feels like it makes it pretty unpredictable what your opponent's strength will end at.

I assume the beta isn't cross play right?
It is, there is an option to turn cross play off and the game even tells you about it the first time you go to play online.

This game is great. Been on a winning streak with an Monsters/Eredin deck.

So far this doesn't seem as tied to RNG as other card games which is nice. There still is that aspect, just not so frequently.

Edit:

I've played the tutorials and 2 games online and like it so far except that I dislike how nearly every card buffs or debuffs one or more units, it feels like it makes it pretty unpredictable what your opponent's strength will end at.

At certain points in the game, aren't you betting on that? If my opponent has 2 cards left, I want to determine whether he is going to try to take the round or play defensively. That could even impact if I decide to pass when I'm well ahead.

Got an invite, played through the tutorials, opened some packs and built a Monsters deck. Have won 4/5 matches so far, and I only played a game or two in my time so far in TW3. Is Gwent any where near as deep as Hearthstone?

Got an invite, played through the tutorials, opened some packs and built a Monsters deck. Have won 4/5 matches so far, and I only played a game or two in my time so far in TW3. Is Gwent any where near as deep as Hearthstone?

This is basically a new game so know one can really say how deep it is. It's still being balanced as well

anyone able to buy kegs for $$$ yet?

it's not working for me

also the shuffler is trolling me.
i'm drawing my 1-of adrenaline rush as my extra card for the final round every time. the RNG is still strong in this game

TheYanger

The small changes from the witcher 3 version keep throwing me off. Like horn not being a 'buff' but just being a one time use. Also ran into what I assume was a bug where I rezzed a unit of mine and it went to the other side like a spy. Lost me that game :/

dex3108

I still don't like that pass means pass until end of the round. I know that it is there as strategic move but still.

I still don't like that pass means pass until end of the round. I know that it is there as strategic move but still.

That's part of the core design of the game. The fact you can't pass your turn and always have to play a card, but you can pass the round, giving it up or hoping it will give you a strategic advantage.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The small changes from the witcher 3 version keep throwing me off. Like horn not being a 'buff' but just being a one time use. Also ran into what I assume was a bug where I rezzed a unit of mine and it went to the other side like a spy. Lost me that game :/

Yeah I've been having some moments like that as well. Minions that get buffed seem to reset after a weather effect if you clear it too.

I've been following the changes in the new Gwent version, but maybe one of the surprises for me is the amount of cards with the new wounding mechanic. It isn't just a few.

Dantis

This might sound dumb, but if you have XBL Gold, can you play the beta online. I only have Silver and I think all my games have been against CPU players.

TheYanger

I got into this beta but really have no interest in playing it.

Curious, have you played Gwent or just not interested in card games at all? Seems funny to me when people literally sign up for every beta on earth with no idea if they care about the game or not :p

Either way, I'd recommend trying it if you're not giving your key away. Gwent in TW3 was amazing fun, and this is a lot more complex, if not a bit buggy atm. The bluff game is strong.

Top Bottom