• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Monsters Joker (DS) dated in Japan

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
DQ on an platform on a trajectory for unpredecented growth, smack dab in the biggest sales week of the year?

Won't sell.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
typhonsentra said:
Why are you guys excited about this one? Weren't the previous Monster games not so great?
Uhhh.... what? DQM IS AWESOME! GTFO!

ethelred

VicAlpha said:
That game is going to compete with pokemon directly, poor DQM

Yeah, poor DQM, it's going to sell over a million. Square Enix is going to be weeping all the way to the bank.

typhonsentra said:
Why are you guys excited about this one? Weren't the previous Monster games not so great?

Why do you exist?

Snaku

Banned
Watch DS sales continue to skyrocket, and Joker sells exponentionally well.

Dragon Quest IX....DS exclusive? :lol

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
typhonsentra said:
So is ignorance really as blissful as they say? Give me some SUGAR.

duckroll said:
Wow.... just wow. DQM Defenders to the rescue! :lol

Because if someone made the same comment about MGS4, DMC4, or Halo 3 there wouldn't be a similar flood of shocked responses.

DQM is a respected, strong selling series. His comment was ludicrous. Someone laughing at it isn't some "defender." That person has common sense.

Good move by Square-Enix.

How Nintendo is going to actually have enough systems availible ... gawd knows. If they can manage 400,000 for that week it should be OK (though still well short of demand).

Jiggy

VicAlpha said:
That game is going to compete with pokemon directly, poor DQM
Don't worry. By three months after Pokemon hits, the ~6.7 million or so who bought it will be ready for DQM.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
ok, ive asked for the list of upcoming games for japan atleast 3 times and never got it, it time now, whoever you are!

i don't understand the gaf hype for this one either- no videogame side series has ever been good.

metal gear acid, dragon quest monsters, pokemon snap

it's all a waste of time, but ohh, the japanese love it, so i must love it too, else my credibility takes +9 forum damage!

hey i call games wanda the colossus and jet set radio because i garner respect amongst my peers! ooh

art-monster04.jpg

if only us gaijins could create art this good, then we'd be revered by people who buy soiled panties through vending machines, slimeachu i choose you, wear this ring of dexterity and cast this charm spell on my character in an attempt to convince me that this is fun!!!

pika1.jpg

Vic

Mike Works said:
i don't understand the gaf hype for this one either- no videogame side series has ever been good.
you know that spinoff called super mario bros?

Mike Works said:
oh yeah, mario is missing, great game there

isn't that right, gamerankings.com?

39% Average Score

Next time do some research before you decide to step up to the plate, junior.

Errr ... I believe Super Mario Kart would be the first full fledged spin-off of the Super Mario series.

Super Mario RPG, Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Paper Mario, would be others.

Vic

Mike Works said:
oh yeah, mario is missing, great game there

isn't that right, gamerankings.com?

39% Average Score

Next time do some research before you decide to step up to the plate, junior.
wtf Mike Works? Super Mario Bros is a Donkey Kong spinoff, wth are you blabelling about? know you're stuff before posting kid

He didn't say the spinoffs of Super Mario Bros., he said the spinoff that was Super Mario Bros.

Hey, if we're dragging Gamerankings into this:

Dragon Warrior Monsters: 78.9%

Dragon Warrior Monster 2: 82.3%

Solid titles, no?

duckroll

AdmiralViscen said:
Because if someone made the same comment about MGS4, DMC4, or Halo 3 there wouldn't be a similar flood of shocked responses.

DQM is a respected, strong selling series. His comment was ludicrous. Someone laughing at it isn't some "defender." That person has common sense.

Huh? What? I was going to reply and defend the game myself, but I was just surprised to see so many people already smack him down. I think you're a *little* bit too sensitive. :p

It actually was a serious question. It received good but not amazing scores (The earlier games) but this game is receiving a massive amount of hype here, and me even asking about the game seems to cause strong emotions. What's special about it?

Bebpo

Banned
typhonsentra said:
It actually was a serious question. It received good but not amazing scores (The earlier games) but this game is receiving a massive amount of hype here, and me even asking about the game seems to cause strong emotions. What's special about it?

1. DQVIII has made thousands of new fans of the DQ series.
2. It has great graphics for the system its on.
3. Look at what system it's on.

typhonsentra said:

Check the sales numbers for previous entries, not review scores.

The original game was way better than Red and Blue at the time. I've been waiting for a sequel for half a decade, regardless of what platform it's on.

That said, I don't think you could call the GAF hype for it "massive."

duckroll said:
Huh? What? I was going to reply and defend the game myself, but I was just surprised to see so many people already smack him down. I think you're a *little* bit too sensitive. :p

Judging by Mike Works and Bebpo's attitudes towards fans of the game, I'd say no.

As a longtime DWM/DQM fan, I don't feel like being lumped in with Japanophiles, DS fanboys, and sales junkies.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
typhonsentra said:
What?

duckroll

AdmiralViscen said:
Judging by Mike Works and Bebpo's attitudes towards fans of the game, I'd say no.

As a longtime DWM/DQM fan, I don't feel like being lumped in with Japanophiles, DS fanboys, and sales junkies.

Why do you care though, it's pretty clear who has played a DQM game and who hasn't. :)

Bebpo

Banned
AdmiralViscen said:

What? I'm on the hype train sucker! :p It's gonna be GoTY DS 2006 (I've said that in almost every DQM thread). I was just listing why more people care about this entry than the previous ones and it's true!

duckroll said:
Why do you care though, it's pretty clear who has played a DQM game and who hasn't. :)

Definitely.

I just get sick of all of the "____ defender/crusader" labels that apply to fans of... every damn thing.

Realized I had misread your post, chose not to edit my post out, probably should've added that I made a mistake.

VicAlpha said:
didnt wanted to miss ds christmas arent they?
christmas is like easter in Japan ;)

and last week of December is the hottest week there, i think it's a good period for shipping, people will look for PS3 and it will be sold out, so they buy DQMJ and play it while they are in queue for PS3 restock :lol

Aeana

This is great news, though I was kind of hoping it would be released sooner. At least it will be out this year! I cannot wait.

Top Bottom