• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Hawk269

Thanks, Hawk. That's great advice.

Are the price discrepancies at this point between a 7200 and a 5200 worth it at this point? Are we talking 3 seconds loading time difference etc?

On the Xbox One X we don't know how the different speed drive are going to be effected. MS has been claiming a 50% increase in load times and I believe the internal HDD on the Xbox One X is a 5200rpm drive..so you would be fine if you have an external at 5200. I personally would try to get a 7200 just to cut back on load times even more...but until MS or a Web Site does a analysis prior to launch we will not know.

There are deals all the time on external HDD's.

4TB at 5200 v 3TB at 7200

Guess I'll go with the latter

Edit: bought the 3TB and had it match priced with newegg at $70. awesome deal.

Thank you both for Info

Ooh, I keep forgetting about price protection. I may go ahead and get an external, and just price match a Black Friday deal. I’ll be going WD though as I keep hearing bad things about Seagate.

Fuck I have the Scorpio edition preordered and I cannot decide if I wanna keep it. I bought an S last year and I love it, but I'm gonna get the X eventually anyways and I could at roll at least part of it it into a Christmas present...damn I'm stuck lol.

I posted yesterday that my Amazon preorder was pushed to 24 November, despite me literally ordering as soon as it became available. The CSR I chatted with made an erroneous claim that Amazon wasn't receiving any units until then which made me think the whole thing was a mix up. However, I made a more formal complaint/inquiry with Amazon and just received the response. I am indeed pushed to 24 November. I ordered within the first minute of availability (probably first fifteen seconds) and they said they cannot fulfill my order on time and that they are fulfilling them on a first come, first serve basis. So all of you that ordered on Amazon, I wouldn't count on getting it on 7 November.

theDeeDubs

I preordered both versions because I wasn't crazy about the gradient even though I love the green Scorpio lettering. I ordered my Scorpio when they first reopened some additional units, so mine will definitely be pushed back if that's the case. Fixes my indecision of which one to keep if that's the case then at least.

Delryk

I preordered both versions because I wasn't crazy about the gradient even though I love the green Scorpio lettering. I ordered my Scorpio when they first reopened some additional units, so mine will definitely be pushed back if that's the case. Fixes my indecision of which one to keep if that's the case then at least.

In the end, does it even matter? I mostly play in a dark room and i highly doubt the dark grey radiant will even matter ---- it'll still look black; i'm just glad it's not another glossy finish... I think it's an issue that's been overblown for nothing...

theDeeDubs

In the end, does it even matter? I mostly play in a dark room and i highly doubt the dark grey radiant will even matter ---- it'll still look black; i'm just glad it's not another glossy finish... I think it's an issue that's been overblown for nothing...

Well if the only difference is how they look, it's the only thing that matters. Since they're the same box, I might as well get the one I like the look of more. Now if Scorpio had a bigger hdd, it'd be a no-brainer.

I personally think the gradient is ugly. Reminds me of ugly pants.

Hawk269

My crystal ball, which can get fuzzy at times is telling me that we might be getting a little surprise with our systems. Almost every system available right now or the great majority have something packed in with them....perhaps we might be getting a game or something. This is just me guessing not that I know anything so take it with a giant grain of salt, but I just think there are a few surprises that we are not aware of....at least I hope! :)

My crystal ball, which can get fuzzy at times is telling me that we might be getting a little surprise with our systems. Almost every system available right now or the great majority have something packed in with them....perhaps we might be getting a game or something. This is just me guessing not that I know anything so take it with a giant grain of salt, but I just think there are a few surprises that we are not aware of....at least I hope! :)

Yeah... No reason to believe that this would be the case.

I posted yesterday that my Amazon preorder was pushed to 24 November, despite me literally ordering as soon as it became available. The CSR I chatted with made an erroneous claim that Amazon wasn't receiving any units until then which made me think the whole thing was a mix up. However, I made a more formal complaint/inquiry with Amazon and just received the response. I am indeed pushed to 24 November. I ordered within the first minute of availability (probably first fifteen seconds) and they said they cannot fulfill my order on time and that they are fulfilling them on a first come, first serve basis. So all of you that ordered on Amazon, I wouldn't count on getting it on 7 November.

This really upsets me. I also preordered as soon as it went up. Didn't even occur to me that something like this might happen until they pulled the treasure truck thing with the snes classic preorders :(

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I think if I could change my Scorpio for a normal one I would but don't want to upset the apple cart so just gonna stick to what I've ordered.

Delryk

Well if the only difference is how they look, it's the only thing that matters. Since they're the same box, I might as well get the one I like the look of more. Now if Scorpio had a bigger hdd, it'd be a no-brainer.

I personally think the gradient is ugly. Reminds me of ugly pants.

yah.. i think the only diference is the side stand which almost nobody will use.. :( I think that's a waste for MS.. should have just added a little something else

deadfolk

yah.. i think the only diference is the side stand which almost nobody will use.. :( I think that's a waste for MS.. should have just added a little something else

Not a waste for MS. Probably consts pennies per unit - if that. Makes it look like the early-adopters are getting extra value.

A waste for consumers? In most cases, yes.

I've seen a few people mention the Gamestop "coupon" so far and I've been confused by that. My local store claims that the extra trade value is happening right now and that there is no coupon. If I can walk into a store on launch day and get $150 for my One S, I'll probably buy the X right away. The value of that box is only going to go down from here.

Also: I really feel for those of you who used Amazon for this. They very clearly don't give two shits about their gaming customers anymore which is a real shame. Between that and the SNES Classic stores I've read I don't see any reason to shop with them for game pre-orders.

I've seen a few people mention the Gamestop "coupon" so far and I've been confused by that. My local store claims that the extra trade value is happening right now and that there is no coupon. If I can walk into a store on launch day and get $150 for my One S, I'll probably buy the X right away. The value of that box is only going to go down from here.

Also: I really feel for those of you who used Amazon for this. They very clearly don't give two shits about their gaming customers anymore which is a real shame. Between that and the SNES Classic stores I've read I don't see any reason to shop with them for game pre-orders.

I’m sure they’ll have plenty on launch day, but they’ll be on their magic trucks lol.

4TB at 5200 v 3TB at 7200

Guess I’ll go with the latter

Edit: bought the 3TB and had it match priced with newegg at $70. awesome deal.

Thank you both for Info

Any chance for link to this product? Can't find it.

I believe they're talking about this one:

https://smile.amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-Desktop-External-STEB3000100/dp/B00TKFEEJ4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1507914619&sr=8-3&keywords=seagate+3tb+external#Ask

But from I can see from the Questions section, it's not actually a 7200RPM drive, but a 5900RPM drive according to Crystal Disk Info.

Did you get an email it was pushed? I just looked at my pre order and it doesn't have a date

iJudged

Banned
2nd wave of Xbox one x arrives around 30th November.
c4jt321.png

Did you get an email it was pushed? I just looked at my pre order and it doesn't have a date

I did not get an automated e-mail regarding the order. My status still doesn't have a date on amazon.com. I made a complaint regarding the CSR stating my order was pushed back and the response came via e-mail that it was indeed pushed back. However, the story gets even more interesting. I continued my complaint and questioned the first come, first serve fulfillment given that I ordered immediately upon the preorder opening. Long story short, now I'm told it will ship on 7 November and I will receive it on 9 November. At this point I'm really not sure what to expect, but I have that ship date in writing now.

If thats true I doubt any of us will get the systems on launch day. I ordered from Amazon before the page even had the images of the system displayed, literally seconds after they were made available. So if I don't get one on the 7th I'm gonna be extremely upset. I'm gonna see if I can still get a standard edition from anywhere around here on launch day and if I can I will cancel Amazon and never use them again for anything gaming related.

I did not get an automated e-mail regarding the order. My status still doesn't have a date on amazon.com. I made a complaint regarding the CSR stating my order was pushed back and the response came via e-mail that it was indeed pushed back. However, the story gets even more interesting. I continued my complaint and questioned the first come, first serve fulfillment given that I ordered immediately upon the preorder opening. Long story short, now I'm told it will ship on 7 November and I will receive it on 9 November. At this point I'm really not sure what to expect, but I have that ship date in writing now.

So you didn't get an email, and the status still doesn't have a date, then why did you make a complaint? In what context were you talking to your CSR about a ship date? Did you just call them up out of nowhere and ask what your ship date is?

dakilla13

I had a terrible experience pre-ordering the Switch from Amazon. Didn't get a tracking number on launch day. CSR insisted that it would show up by 8pm despite this. Never showed up, and at 10pm the status changed from shipping to damaged in transit and returned to distribution center.

Needless to say I pre-ordered the X from Best Buy and no longer use Amazon for any gaming related purchases.

I remembered the conversation from the other day about Kinect, and decided to do some quick research. Looks like it's now "out of stock" on Microsoft's online store and Amazon sells the sensors for less than half the MSRP of $99. I'm pretty sure that it's just discontinued without "official" word at this point.

Calvinpewpewpew

Neo Member
I had a terrible experience pre-ordering the Switch from Amazon. Didn't get a tracking number on launch day. CSR insisted that it would show up by 8pm despite this. Never showed up, and at 10pm the status changed from shipping to damaged in transit and returned to distribution center.

Needless to say I pre-ordered the X from Best Buy and no longer use Amazon for any gaming related purchases.

I am very, very concerned about my Project Scorpio edition from Amazon and desperately wish I had done it locally. Is there any chance local retailers might open up PS versions in the next few weeks again?

It seems as though people that ordered from Amazon in the UK have posted images of their orders showing they'll receive on the 7th. I highly doubt Microsoft will under ship Amazon here in the US. I'm gonna wait and see before I become more upset. We still have over 3 weeks to go...

So you didn't get an email, and the status still doesn't have a date, then why did you make a complaint? In what context were you talking to your CSR about a ship date? Did you just call them up out of nowhere and ask what your ship date is?

The whole thing started upon me asking a CSR about the status/ship date of the order. I was promptly told 24 November.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I am very, very concerned about my Project Scorpio edition from Amazon and desperately wish I had done it locally. Is there any chance local retailers might open up PS versions in the next few weeks again?

If anyone that I can think of might, it might be GameStop or ThinkGeek in a bundle. Outside of that, you might score one in a store randomly as a result of someone not pickin their pre-order up.

The whole thing started upon me asking a CSR about the status/ship date of the order. I was promptly told 24 November.

I trust the website over a CSR and am of the opinion that your inquiry was premature. Amazon/Nintendo issues are well known, but I'm still expecting my OneX from Amazon on release day.

Calvinpewpewpew

Neo Member

https://smile.amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-Desktop-External-STEB3000100/dp/B00TKFEEJ4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1507914619&sr=8-3&keywords=seagate+3tb+external#Ask

But from I can see from the Questions section, it's not actually a 7200RPM drive, but a 5900RPM drive according to Crystal Disk Info.

Hmm thanks for the info. I really wanted a 7200 RPM for an external. I use a 512GB SSD for all the games I actually play with regularity.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

I am almost certain this isn’t happening. There is no reason for it to happen. Pre-orders are sold out(I think), and. They are including three months of Live Gold and one month of their other subscription service. That’s what we’re getting.

Calvinpewpewpew

Neo Member
So, my Amazon order says "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date"

Was supposed to be release day delivery, and it doesn;'t even know delivery is in 3 weeks? Color me worried as well.

I am almost certain this isn’t happening. There is no reason for it to happen. Pre-orders are sold out(I think), and. They are including three months of Live Gold and one month of their other subscription service. That’s what we’re getting.

*14-day Live Gold trial and 1 month of Xbox Game Pass

Hawk269

Is it just me or is it really quiet on a PR front from MS?

Yup. I mentioned this in detail a page or 2 back. Seems a little strange really. I would think there would be TV commercials specifically talking about it, but lately all I have seen are Shadow of War ones where they show the Xbox One X and Xbox One S side by side. But you would think they would of started the marketing machine already. Perhaps they are waiting for the 2 week out mark to start. I have worked retail for 32 years before semi-retiring and we always had "walk-in" stock. So it should not be that they don't have enough units which is causing them to not advertise the system.

I still think we are in the dark on a lot things though. Like how 360 BC and Non Patched games will run on the system. A good video showing the differences in a few games would go a long way for many people, especially with Phil hinting that there are few things about BC that we are not aware of.

Hopefully the marketing machine starts soon...but with a console 3 weeks out and MS going dark is a little odd.

Yup. I mentioned this in detail a page or 2 back. Seems a little strange really. I would think there would be TV commercials specifically talking about it, but lately all I have seen are Shadow of War ones where they show the Xbox One X and Xbox One S side by side. But you would think they would of started the marketing machine already. Perhaps they are waiting for the 2 week out mark to start. I have worked retail for 32 years before semi-retiring and we always had "walk-in" stock. So it should not be that they don't have enough units which is causing them to not advertise the system.

I still think we are in the dark on a lot things though. Like how 360 BC and Non Patched games will run on the system. A good video showing the differences in a few games would go a long way for many people, especially with Phil hinting that there are few things about BC that we are not aware of.

Hopefully the marketing machine starts soon...but with a console 3 weeks out and MS going dark is a little odd.

I saw Larry Hyrb say that he wasn't doing a "free code friday" contest this week due to preparations for launch. They're also having a big launch event at their store in NYC so I expect the PR machine to go into full effect soon. Besides that, it was just last week IIRC that sites put out those "making of" interviews.

So, my Amazon order says "We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date"

Was supposed to be release day delivery, and it doesn;'t even know delivery is in 3 weeks? Color me worried as well.

I'm not counting on getting one in the first batch. I'll believe it when i have a tracking number and it's on a truck.

Hawk269

Hmm thanks for the info. I really wanted a 7200 RPM for an external. I use a 512GB SSD for all the games I actually play with regularity.

LOL. I do the same thing, I have a 512gb SSD for my main games and I have a 5TB HDD for all the others. I recently finished moving everything from the internal 2TB drive from the Xbox One S to the external so I am ready for plug n play when the X comes out.

Sad thing is that some of my main games are most likely going to be close to 100gb with 4k assets, meaning my SSD will only have 4 games on it. Hmmm...time to move to a 1tb or more SSD!

Mediamarkt hasn't called me yet but I'm fully expecting that my Scorpio Edition won't be happening anymore.

With all this extra power and clearly a significant part is used by the OS I'm expecting the dashboard to run much faster. Certainly hope that's the case. It's a whole lot better than it used to be but still isn't quite a PS4 menu so to speak.

Either way I'm thinking about going to the store tomorrow and ask them if they have some more info now. Not the end of the world if it's not the PS edition but I sure as hell want my X on day one.

No no no.

The reviews and questions are for all models without distinguishing the differences between them. Never look at the questions for a product with multiple models on amazon

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
If you've followed my posts on this topic
, you havent,
you know i've been wavering on buying the x. i already own an xbox one, i'm not sure the results i'll see on my 1080p set will be worth it, i'm not even sure the results on a hdr 4k set would be worth it, and most important of all, i have no idea how i'd convince the wife its worth it if i'm not myself already convinced!

Still, i have the thing preordered because i cant help myself.

QUESTION: Would anyone potentially be interested in buying a 2 or 3 day old, very slightly used project scorpio edition a few days after launch at a slight discount, say 40 or 50$ off? Or even see value for someone else to do so? (am i crazy)

I'm thinking it would be worth it to keep my preorder and give it some time hooked up to my set to really see how it all pans out and potentially eat a small cost to do so if i end up unhappy. if you dont already have a launch unit and you'd definitely be interested, shoot me a pm. otherwise, feedback pls

Top Bottom