• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III - Desmond Trailer

Wait, wait, wait.

- Hidden video
- Uploaded on October 12th
- Only 161 views
- Official channel

Am I seeing something Ubisoft doesn't want me to see yet? If so why is it uploaded? And how did you get the link to a hidden video? Is it form that code website? (EDIT: Yeah, it is.)

The trailer is alright, but doesn't really tell us anything we didn't know. Seems like it's for newcomers of the franchise.

Sai-kun

Banned
Wait, wait, wait.

- Hidden video
- Uploaded on October 12th
- Only 161 views
- Official channel

Am I seeing something Ubisoft doesn't want me to see yet? If so why is it uploaded? And how did you get the link to a hidden video? Is it form that code website?

The trailer is alright, but doesn't really tell us anything we didn't know. Seems like it's for newcomers of the franchise.

Check this thread out:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=496302

haikira

Thought i was going to be clever, since i spotted john de lancie's voice. But checking IMDB, i see he was in the last game too, which I've yet to finish.

The model used in this trailer seems to indicate it's at least more faithful to it than what was in Revelations.

I listened to a Revelations developer podcast and they said they brought back in the original actor and recaptured his face with better technology for Revelations. So in fact, Revelations was probably more accurate to the actor's face than the previous games. But I guess there was a big enough outcry about it that they probably modified the model to split the different between the real actor and the way he looked in AC1/2.

Ezio's face also looks *way* off in this intro cutscene from any other version of him. In fact he probably looks closer to the Soul Calibur V model in this.

El-Suave

I wasn't the biggest fan of the Desmond parts in AC1 and AC2, but in Revelations, it just clicked. So I welcome more of his story.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I wasn't the biggest fan of the Desmond parts in AC1 and AC2, but in Revelations, it just clicked. So I welcome more of his story.

Really? I thought Desmond's part in Revelations was rather minimal compare to previous AC games... although i did skip a lot of optional things when i was playing this game, maybe it was all Desmond stuff.

El-Suave

Really? I thought Desmond's part in Revelations was rather minimal compare to previous AC games... although i did skip a lot of optional things when i was playing this game, maybe it was all Desmond stuff.

They were indeed optional. You can argue about platforming gameplay in his segments, but they did a good job of making me care about him.

jgminto

They really have to keep focusing more and more on that ancient God/end of the world crap? It was such a terrible story idea. The conspiracy theories from the original and early in 2 were great, but now I struggle to care about any of the central story points.

maybe it was all Desmond stuff.

The first person puzzle platformer stuff was all Desmond.

I do think they've done a good enough job with Desmond to turn him from Urist McBland to a bit more of a character, but he really suffers from still being the wimpy kid of a series that is characterised by strong male characters.

I'd probably be bored/uninterested in the story if it didn't have all the crazy shit. Because if it didn't go all out with that, it would just end up being some boring, badly written conspiracy junk with a forgettable plot anyway.

At least with this its so batshit insane that it gives the series some charm.

Marleyman

Banned
They really have to keep focusing more and more on that ancient God/end of the world crap? It was such a terrible story idea. The conspiracy theories from the original and early in 2 were great, but now I struggle to care about any of the central story points.

I completely disagree.

Marleyman

Banned
They were indeed optional. You can argue about platforming gameplay in his segments, but they did a good job of making me care about him.

Those segments painted a picture about Desmond that made me care about him much more than I did before them.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I listened to a Revelations developer podcast and they said they brought back in the original actor and recaptured his face with better technology for Revelations. So in fact, Revelations was probably more accurate to the actor's face than the previous games. But I guess there was a big enough outcry about it that they probably modified the model to split the different between the real actor and the way he looked in AC1/2.

Ezio's face also looks *way* off in this intro cutscene from any other version of him. In fact he probably looks closer to the Soul Calibur V model in this.

Sounds like this podcast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqMAKGL1DpM&feature=relmfu

And yeah it's probably more "accurate", it just doesn't look right to what you're used to and the new model looks nothing like real life Francisco Randez. I hope they've tweaked it somewhat to resemble to older version of Desmond in AC3 (Connor looks different again, but that's fine).

Necrovex

I enjoy Desmond's story. I'm excited to see the finale of this series...during the winter break. Heh, maybe I'll play AC3 on the 21st.

Sounds like this podcast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqMAKGL1DpM&feature=relmfu

And yeah it's probably more "accurate", it just doesn't look right to what you're used to and the new model looks nothing like real life Francisco Randez. I hope they've tweaked it somewhat to resemble to older version of Desmond in AC3 (Connor looks different again, but that's fine).

There was a picture that came out maybe last week with Desmond in AC3 and he definitely looks more like his old self. That being said I don't think the Revelations face was too different from the version of Desmond that Ubisoft originally made in their aged Desmond look tests. Problem is that in the story he shouldn't have aged which is why it looked weird.

SJRB

Gold Member
you know, i played through all the games and i never realized that the story was so silly after watching this trailer.

It took a turn for the worst after the second game. Now it's overly complicated and vague simply for the sake of being vague.

In fact, Revelations made me realise that the Templars are actually the good guys in all this. So there was at least a revelation in that game after all.

It took a turn for the worst after the second game. Now it's overly complicated and vague simply for the sake of being vague.

In fact, Revelations made me realise that the Templars are actually the good guys in all this. So there was at least a revelation in that game after all.

How are the templars good? their whole objective is to
use the pieces of eden to give themselves the power to control and enslave humanity, same as how they theorize the 'ones who came before' did

I had no idea AC plot was this ridiculous.

You have a strange definition of ridiculous. Personally I always love me some conspiracy. I love anything that includes "what if..." and I like it when someone toys with history and talks about things that no one can neither deny nor confirm.

he looks like the man child of Adam sandler and Lance armstrong

Damn I've been trying to put it into words. That's perfect.

Is this series basically western Kingdom Hearts in terms of convoluted stories/timelines etc? I want to get Liberation because Ubisoft really looks like they're putting in a lot of good effort, but I'm not really interested in the series as a whole.

D5N0G.jpg

Desmond watching a UFC fight? I just threw up a little...

Welp, we know the next UFC event will probably be sponsored by AC3.

I will let it all pass if they don't go so far to include actually real life fighter cameos in the game. NOOOOOOOO!

Top Bottom