• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Trailer (Also no paid-for DLC characters)

Wow, these are awesome! What's the source for these? I want to make sure I get the entire collection.

They're up on TEKKEN NET (it's the online system the arcade machines are constantly connected to)

Namco was holding up a little lottery draw game thing on the site for members to play, it was a simple card flip game where you get the chance to win in game gold or these illustrations.

http://web.tekken-net.jp/tag2/campaign/htw201203/top.html

That list I posted was all the illustrations people have won so far and shared online. (mostly on Japanese boards)

If I find some of the last few I'll post them up here or at the Tekken OT.

They're up on TEKKEN NET (it's the online system the arcade machiness are constantly connected to)

Namco was holding up a little lottery draw on the site for members to play, it was a simple card flip game where you get the chance to win in game gold or these illustrations.

http://web.tekken-net.jp/tag2/campaign/htw201203/top.html

That list I posted was all the illustrations people have won so far and shared online. (mostly Japanese boards)

If I find some of the last few I'll post them up here or at the Tekken OT.

Ah, I see. Thanks for posting them.

AAK

Honestly, FW deserves a medal at the very least for all his persistence in digging, extracting, and compiling all that information.

/respect

Pachimari

We're on home stretch with these 2D illustrations. Almost complete, but they make for some decent phone wallpapers so thought I might share them. These arts are done by 3 artists that currently work over at or with Namco, most will be 480x640 size but few are full sized 1600x1200 images.

Tekken Net 2D Illustration Lottery Draw:

Tomio Fujisawa's Illustrations-

ALISA | ANNA | ARMOR KING | ASUKA | BAEK | BOB | BRUCE | BRYAN | CHRISTIE |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DEVIL JIN | DRAGUNOV | EDDY | FENG | GANRYU | HEIHACHI | HWOARANG |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JACK-6 | JAYCEE | JIN | JINPACHI | JUN | KAZUYA | KING | KUMA | LARS | LEI |
LEE | LEO | LAW | LILI | MARDUK | MIGUEL | MOKUJIN | NINA | PANDA | PAUL |
RAVEN | ROGER | STEVE | T. OGRE | WANG | XIAOYU | YOSHIMITSU | ZAFINA |

JUNNY's Illustrations-

Shunya Yamashita's Illustrations-

~~

Also another neat thing about these illustrations is that these illustrations are also able to go into the character select screen in game like so:

You just have to unlock them first. :p

Oh and Anastacio you don't have to go through the trouble of re uploading them anymore. <3
Oh I won't. I saw all the new ones on TZ and thought "wow that's a lot" lol.

Can you post that table of artwork in our community thread as well?

Fantastic work!

Btw to folks who don't know. There will be Kotobukiya figures of the girls based on Shunya's art.

Tizoc

dragunov3lwil6.jpg

That is a pimp coat.

Wow, props to Harada for that attitude. Every character does have it's fans and it's nice to know that they are taking that into consideration.

Thanks Jintor.
I thought the roster was locked at 50. That is a beastly number. I wish Mahvel had 60 characters. :'(
We're on home stretch with these 2D illustrations. Almost complete, but they make for some decent phone wallpapers so thought I might share them. These arts are done by 3 artists that currently work over at or with Namco, most will be 480x640 size but few are full sized 1600x1200 images.

JUNNY's Illustrations-

~~

Also another neat thing about these illustrations is that these illustrations are also able to go into the character select screen in game like so:

These are pretty cool. I definitely see myself using a lot of Fujisawa's colors.

So hyped! Always been a 3D fighter at heart, just hasn't been anything that has caught my attention since the Soul Caliber 2/Bloody Roar days. I need a break from all this 2D nonsense anyway. Who really even likes fireballs and shoryukens?

Asuka/Lili all day every day from the get go. I might not even play with any other characters. Idc how bad their chemistry will be or what negatives in battle i'll have because of their "rivalry". Far and away my favorite character designs in the series

Also, that artwork is amazing. Fujisawa's style is superb

Sayah

JUNNY's Illustrations-

~~

Oh and Anastacio you don't have to go through the trouble of re uploading them anymore. <3

YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!

I would love a normal sized ogre, just so I can dress him up like Seth or Gill!

How much more customization is there? I hated how in T6 the only stuff I could buy for marduk was either football crap or a wrestling outfit. I would love to make my Jack look like P. Jack or something else that isn't just gaint guns and big metal pieces everywhere. I'd kill for a Hawaiian shirt on him!

Having seen a bunch of screens, I'm pretty sure that a lot of items are shared between characters now. I've seen both Bryan and Baek wearing the same suit with a kevlar vest on top, as well as a bunch of other stuff. While that's cool, I can't help but feel that it'll take away from some of the uniqueness of each character. On the plus side, I think you can customize inner and outer layers like in Saints Row 2.

Pachimari

You'll be able to pit your customised Combot against other players online. "Currently we hope to be able to use them in Arcade mode and online play," says Harada. "Obviously there's a problem with ranked matches, but other than that we hope to have other modes available."
I surely think Harada is thinking of the Combot issue online.

One of the first minigames lets you to pull of complex attacks and combos by tapping any button successively; the aim here is to teach players the importance of basic timing. After this prologue sequence, Violet/Lee accidentally destroys the Combot, and you start again with a new unit - and full controls.
This actually sounds like the "button mashing" sequence in the 'Fight Lab' trailer.

Another suggested idea is a Juggling tutorial where players must hit Gon up into the air and then keep him afloat with successive strikes. With each successful hit Gon expands like a beachball, until he eventually pops.
Gon might not return but I think it's funny how Harada uses him as an example anyway. "Trolling" the fans? =p Maybe a hint?
Anyway, I thought another article mentioned this very idea but with Ganryu instead of Gon, weird.

VideoGamer.com

This Gon stuff is being mighty weird, isn't Bamco making a game or an anime series with the thing now? Hopefully I don't deal with any 'guest characters' at all. Especially tiny annoying farting assholes.

Glad to hear some people liking the artworks, good to hear after some whining along the likes "off proportion, lol marduk and not character-like"

Anyways, seems like I found some of the missing illustrations as we speak, updating......

Can somebody confirm that these customs actually exists in the game? And what happened to the stripper pole update that the arcade was supposed to get?

Gon might not return but I think it's funny how Harada uses him as an example anyway. "Trolling" the fans? =p Maybe a hint?
Anyway, I thought another article mentioned this very idea but with Ganryu instead of Gon, weird.

Namco is popping out a new Gon game so him coming back isn't as far fetched as it seems.

And something or other that TTT2 will be this year's best fighter tied with DAT SKULLGIRLS!!!

Pachimari

FW you are truly a God among men.

I'll show Jinpachi to my nieces when telling them "this is Santa Claus."

Love those artworks, Devil Jin looks hardcore.

I still think Lars Alexandersson is a weird addition to Tekken. He is so different to the rest of the cast but so were Dr B and Gon. He'll grow on me with time.

Bleep

That box art is pretty bland looking to me, I personally prefer the graphic on the Bana-Passport I have.

banacard6bl75.png

I'm also hoping for some changes to solo mode before release on consoles, it seems a bit silly at the moment.

Pachimari

That box art is pretty bland looking to me, I personally prefer the graphic on the Bana-Passport I have.

banacard6bl75.png

I'm also hoping for some changes to solo mode before release on consoles, it seems a bit silly at the moment.
What changes? We get the traditional Arcade, Survival, Practice, Fight Lab etc.

I believe there's more modes to be revealed.

Nice Passport. I wanted to see more of the cast around Jin and Heihachi on the boxart as well but I'm satisfied.

Dahbomb

Time for me to return to the King of Iron Fist.

I will probably go in hard on this game. I haven't followed it at all because I know I am getting it day 1.

Bleep

What changes? We get the traditional Arcade, Survival, Practice, Fight Lab etc.

I believe there's more modes to be revealed.

Nice Passport. I wanted to see more of the cast around Jin and Heihachi on the boxart as well but I'm satisfied.

I'm talking about solo against tag, I should have worded that more clearly. Solo has a lot of disadvantages against tag players, but to make up for that they gave solo characters multiple instances of rage and increased damage. This leads to some cheap quick victories if a tag player slips up at the wrong time.

Here is an example of the overly high damage: http://youtu.be/Jv3ynM00mrM. This is a relatively unrealistic situation, but it shows that 100% damage combos are possible in the game as it stands right now.

Tizoc

This Gon stuff is being mighty weird, isn't Bamco making a game or an anime series with the thing now? Hopefully I don't deal with any 'guest characters' at all. Especially tiny annoying farting assholes.

Yup, there's a new Gon anime and a video game being developed for the 3DS ATM.

Skilletor

I'm talking about solo against tag, I should have worded that more clearly. Solo has a lot of disadvantages against tag players, but to make up for that they gave solo characters multiple instances of rage and increased damage. This leads to some cheap quick victories if a tag player slips up at the wrong time.

Here is an example of the overly high damage: http://youtu.be/Jv3ynM00mrM. This is a relatively unrealistic situation, but it shows that 100% damage combos are possible in the game as it stands right now.

Those don't look like combos. I'm not familiar with TTT2, but I'm pretty sure I see several opportunities to tech.

2San

I want this Asuka costume back. :eek:

cORXm.jpg

I love these. Despite his background in ero-art I've always thought he's got some pretty great style and skill, so it's cool to see him working on some game-related stuff.
Really? I always thought most of Yamashita's stuff looked trashy(there are exceptions here and there) and looking at the gallery above he definitely seems like the lesser of the 3.

LowParry

Really? I always thought most of Yamashita's stuff looked trashy(there are exceptions here and there) and looking at the gallery above he definitely seems like the lesser of the 3.

Agreed, though the female cast looks better for Yama. But still lesser of the three.

Pachimari

I love these. Despite his background in ero-art I've always thought he's got some pretty great style and skill, so it's cool to see him working on some game-related stuff.
I thought a lot pointed to Leo being a woman? Or is it still up to one self deciding which gender Leo is?

I'm thinking of the name Elenor "Leo" Kliesen.

I guess Leo can still be a boy or girl lol.

I want this Asuka costume back. :eek:

cORXm.jpg

What are you on?
Yamashita's is clearly the best. At least the women. And the FIGURES based on his art! =)

2San

What are you on?
Yamashita's is clearly the best.
Apparently not that clear to me and others as well. He does a good job at making distinct characters look generic though.

edit: Don't mind me. Obviously it's a matter of difference in taste. >_<

Apparently not that clear to me and others as well. He does a good job at making distinct characters look generic though.

edit: Don't mind me. Obviously it's a matter of difference in taste. >_<

The faces all look the same, for sure. When he's doing these Tekken girls now, their faces look almost identical to all the girls he was drawing 5 years ago.

I wouldn't post them here for obvious reasons but I do recall liking some of his fantasy art that reminded me a little bit of Frazetta and some of that old badass Legend of Zelda concept artwork.

The sad thing is, before they showed the ingame footage, i was considering getting this, the moves as usual looked good, but there was a sense of impact i'd never seen in a tekken game..then the in game footage started and i saw the ugly orange explosions that marr every single attack. the day they make an option to turn that off or make it something less gaudy, is the day i invest in a tekken game.

Top Bottom